South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 05:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Morning Beach Babble

Good morning, Beach Beauties!

It's been a really busy week and this one is going to be the same. Does being busy count as exercise? I've not been in much because I am having major problems with this site which should be fixed later this week according to our Illustrious Leader Suzanne. Apaprently Scotland and Wisconsin are also having the problem.

The Delta Syrup Festival is over and was successful despite rain on both days. Yes, I did break down and have two pancakes with syrup - and thoroughly enjoyed them! But this week I am back to serious Phase II and will work in some walking.

Kevin comes this morning to take the forms off the side walk. It looks good and no kid or critter walked across it while it cured. (There are some worm squiggles but they look kind of nice.) He'll also fix the barn roof and start the patio work, weather permitting. It's also Gail day, Hershey's treadmill day and we have appointments for The Girls to have boosters late this afternoon. I would really, really like a day with nothing happening but that looks impossible for this week anyhow. The new kitchen windows will be installed on Wednesday and I also have two evening meetings.

It's not dawn yet so I've no idea of the weather but do hope to get some outside work done today. I have a young woman in mind to help with some of the raking but it's still too wet.

I'll try to check in later but probably won't post as it takes about a minute now to open and close a post. It'll be better later in the week.

Have a happy Monday.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:08 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

I awakened this morning to the fragrance of freshly brewed coffee. For some reason, that's always been a nice thing to me. (Courtesy of BIL, who moved in yesterday afternoon).

Had quite the busy weekend. On Saturday was my writers group. I opted for the and fries. At least I think in a previous lifetime it was a hamburger. Had to have *something* to get it to go down without choking me, so I slathered it in ketchup. Did NOT eat the fries--wasn't even tempted.

The dinner out with my company was a lot of fun. The food, as predicted was not the star of the show. I chose prime rib b/c the other 2 options were sauced and breaded. Just as MY luck would have it, they miscounted on the # of prime rib orders and since I was served dead last out of 30 people, guess who got left out? They asked if I would like to have the chicken or fish, I said no, so they went in, hacked off the @ss end of a piece of beef, seared it on the grill and brought it to me. What wasn't bleeding rare was either gristle or fat. The veggies were stone cold, and consisted mostly of pearl onions and lima beans...can we say YUCK!?!

Yesterday was fun, though. I went to my handspinner's guild meeting and learned a little about felting. Made a cute little butterfly. And I got some yummy fiber that goes perfectly with the alpaca I bought a few weeks ago. I'm thinking this will be made into a shawl for this winter for MOI.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Ruth, I think you showed admirable restraint at the syrup festival. I adore the flavor of maple syrup. I would have said to H#ll with my diet and made a piglet of myself!

HAGD on the beach!

Mamacita
Old 04-19-2004, 08:10 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm sorry, Ruth, but there's no damned way I'm doing your raking.
Cheez, you're a busy woman. You're like my Mom. If you stopped, you'd probably drop dead.

Marmacita, what a horrible meal!! You know, if all of our food was like that, we'd all be slim.

Rushing off to see my psychiatrist... have a wonderful day, girls!!
Old 04-19-2004, 08:20 AM   #4  

good morning beach babes!!

i had a great weekend!! the garage sale is over!!! wooo hoo. the weather was absolutely perfect we got rid of some of our old junk and made $400.00 to get us started buying more junk to fill the place up (vicious circle)

i was not the greatest south beacher over the weekend as far as food goes but i drank lots of water, went for a long walk and even hopped on the dreaded stairmaster for a bit so even trade as far as i am concerned.

today i have to work my 8hours here then i am off to a track meet with dd after school (she placed 3rd in the shotput on sat. by the way) go lindsey!!! and then ds has baseball practice later this evening. i prepared a large chef salad for us all to have for dinner when we finally land tonight!!

i also took the time this weekend to prepack healthy snacks for the whole family for lunches this week. baked chips w/salsa, cut up fruit and veggies w/little cups of dip, pretzels etc. this allowed me to pack 5 lunches in record time and get everyone out the door on time for a change this morning so i am very happy about that!! hope this organizing bug stays with me for a while well all be ship shape in no time!!1
hope you all have a great day!!!
Old 04-19-2004, 08:34 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Morning,

Today is my first day at the beach... My BF and I purchased SBD friendly fare yesterday so I prepared my days meals this morning... I was about to cut the celery then saw three larvae or slugs or something come out with it... turned me off celery for the day...

Anyhoo, it is nice and warm for now and I am enjoying it, although the weather should be turning stormy later on. Oh well.

Have a good day!

Ali
Old 04-19-2004, 09:39 AM   #6  
Reeling Reverend

Morning, chickies!! Man, did I have a busy weekend! It makes the Taco Bell I ate seem excusable.

Sat. I went and looked at places for my friend to get married. THen I came home and went psycho on my kitchen, going so far as to 409 the cabinets and get the grease off of them. Even cleaned Noodles' placement.

Sunday, I got up late, which was lovely, and proceeded to pay for it until about midnight last night. I finally convinced Jorge that we needed to move upstairs into the master bedroom, so we had to prime it, patch it, paint it, etc. Again, !! Worth it, though. I have a Mocha-Mauve-ish color in our room now, with clean white trim, a white ceiling fan, and brushed nickel door knobs. Ahhhhh.... Even though it gets hot upstairs, there's an AC unit in the window, so we can refridgerate the room before bed during the summer.

I patched both hallways, took the banister down, bought a new one, stained it, got brushed nickel hardware, and as soon as the last coat of paint is done in the new room this evening, I'll put that up, or supervise the putting up of the new railing. MY HOUSE IS FINALLY COMING TOGETHER!!!

Get a new door in 2 weeks. Right now, it's a window, but we're getting a sliding glass door with beveled (sp?) glass! (It was a free upgrade, why not take it?)

Anyhoo... Wasn't terrible this weekend, but I wasn't great, either. HOWEVER, I sweat sooooo much while doing things around the house, that I feel OK about it. I'm back to my high fructose corn syrup laden coffee...

Ruth- Dear GOD, woman! You are a busy lady!! Don't let the Port. H20 K9's get you down!! Hop on the treadmill next to them!!!

Mama- I am so jealous that you're a spinner!!! (get it? spin... ) It sounds like so much fun, and if I didn't have 3984230984 hobbies already, I'd take it up!

Ellis- Enjoy your head shrinking....

Jodi- DEAR LORD! You've got it together!! I feel the same way. With all the energy I put into cleaning and organizing and fixing up our house, I'll be down 4 sizes by the end of summer!! You go girl!

Welcome, Ali! Slugs! I would have puked. I can handle quite a bit, but slimy things in veggeis is just something I can't stand! Welcome to the beach!!

Everyone else, have a great day! Imarah and folks in my area, stay hyrdated, it's going to be near 90 today!!! It's only APRIL!! This will make the secata's come even faster!!!
Old 04-19-2004, 10:33 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chickies sorry I am late getting in here it has been an extremly busy week-end. started Friday night with gymnastics and then taught sat morning my wee little dancers. They are just about ready for the show in May. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon shopping. First new jazz shoes for my dd then it was off the about 60 stores trying to find hair pieces for 10 girls as well as 10 pairs of bright pink socks to go with their costumes. Did we find anything NOT ON YOUR LIFE. Then I spent sat night baking breads for the Tea we had yesterday. Which was wonderful it was our last funderaiser before we leave in 2 weeks for the dance competition. Things are finally winding down I will be glad to see June 20th here so all my commitments will be over. I had a terrible eating week-end. I wish I could stop this rollercoaster. Eat good for a few days and then eat bad for a few days. grrrrrr. Well I must go sorry I didn't post to anyone but I have a house full of wee ones and I was lucky to get on for as long as I did. You chickies all sound as busy as me. Hopefully I can pop in during quiet time. See ya all a little later.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:04 AM   #8  
RNMOM

Thumbs up Hiya chicks

Well, sounds like ya'll had busy weekends!

Mamacita, let me know where you ate.............so I can avoid the place! Eek!

Ruth, did the pancakes have butter on them and then did the syrup drizzle over the edges and were they flakey and melt in your mouth?????? (oh I think I'm gonna have an episode) Please tell me they tasted yucky.

justjodi a garage sale? you have a ton of ambition. I love getting rid of stuff, my DH is a packrat! He saves it all! Track shoes from highschool?????What????? His dad's bowling ball??????? My saving grace is that he is going to Minnesota this week. I'm going to do a little "cleaning" if ya know what I mean

Sweatergirl, welcome to the beach. Just soak that celery in a big pan of water and drown those little thingys

Crystalcity...........uh, ya wanna come over and do some stuff at my house? Sounds beautiful. You have way too much energy to waste it at your place....come on over!

Little chick, about that dance competition.....if you want some stress in your life why don't you just get 10 fulltime jobs? I think it sounds easier than finding matching hair thingys and socks. I love seeing little dancers but I can't fathom putting it all together. It makes my tired ache!

My weekend was in the ER. 12 hour shifts are killers and I had to do 4 in a row. I'm thinking that no one should be at the end of my 4th day
We potlucked yesterday. There was steak, burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, crab salad, huckleberry cheesecake, some chocolate cake whipped topping with pudding and chopped up candy bar creation that looked to die for dessert. I had my grilled veggies, fish and SF/FF chocolate pudding. The momentary pleasure would NOT have been worth the guilt I would have heaped upon myself.

This is the week! I want to see another "decade" on the scale! I WILL do it!!!! I will exercise, drink water, eat right and do this for me!
Old 04-19-2004, 12:33 PM   #9  

I'm almost afraid to post here. You all sound so productive, and I feel like an absolute slug! I'm barely managing a little cleaning up and a couple of loads of laundry. Perhaps I'm not quite over the virus I picked up last week. It's certainly hanging around long enough.

The big news around here yesterday was a wild thunderstorm(possible tornado) that came through around 1:00 P.M. Of course, I had already started grilling so I had to turn off the grill, drag it back into the garage, not to forget the car too because they warned of damaging hail, etc., etc. Needless to say, it livened up a sleepy Sunday afternoon.

Hope you all hang in there with your busyness.......... Jo
Old 04-19-2004, 01:01 PM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

just a quick question....has anyone here heard of the recipie for crustless pizza...I have made this before but I can't remember what you put in the hamburger to get it too stick. I am thinking low fat cheese but then that seems like alot of cheese because you would put cheese on the top. Can anyone help me.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:06 PM   #11  

Hello everyone! Today is my first day on the beach. So far so good. I woke up a bit late and decided to just move on to the snack for the day (cheese stick) and lunch is a caesar salad and ff/sf jello.

Sounds like most people are regulars on here. So don't mind me if I lurk a bit and see whats whats
Old 04-19-2004, 01:34 PM   #12  

Good afternoon. Sounds like everyone is doing well!

Ruth - I can't believe that you resisted the urge to write in the side walks. I personally would have run out with a stick and scribed in something.

DH and I had an exhausting weekend, painted ceiling and walls. Installed most doors/drawers in the kitchen and managed to make an appearance at our neighborhood progressive dinner.

Continue to be terrible and off program, but I have my ultra sound for the gall bladder on Wednesday, so I'll have news soon.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:56 PM   #13  
DEK

Hello everyone, it is my 2nd day on beach and my first time on this Web site is a long time. I knew that the "chicks" would have a great support group in place. Thanks for the updated food list, it anwsers a lot of the questions I had after reading the book.

Deb
Old 04-19-2004, 02:02 PM   #14  
Reeling Reverend

Pebbles, Good luck!!! We're praying for you.

Welcome Tonic and Deb!
Closed Thread