Old 04-17-2004, 09:45 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile Chit Chat #43

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies site!!

This is a very warm and friendly group of ladies who provide daily support in our walk towards a healthier lifestyle!!

Please join us!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:54 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Just checking in, hoping to see something about Susan's big day.

Susan~I forgot to congratulate you on your loss this week-CONGRAT'S! Glad it was a loss instead of the gain you thought. Hope you had a fabulous time with Alex today.

Marti~hope you had a nice visit with your sister, and got some scrapbooking done.

Jana~yes, the results from the pap were good-negative. Now if I could have heard on the MRI.

Angie~girly where are ya?? It's not like you to be gone so long. We are missing ya, and everyone else who is MIA. Hope everything is fine.

Got all my chores done today. Should have done a little scrapbooking myself but just not in the mood for it. I am behind on it. Other than that not much going on. Oh, the last of our blinds finally came in, yippee! I have been waiting so long for them. Now to get the grass in-DH is going to call the guy either tomorrow or Monday and see when he will able to get to it.

Hope everyone had a beautiful Saturday. See ya tomorrow sometime.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:42 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Kayecee - so sorry about your uncle. Even an expected death is hard to take.

Susan - oh girl, I'm thinking about you tonight, wondering how it's going with Alex and praying that you didn't need any pepper spray, lol. He sure seems nice, and I just know he is. YAY about the 1 1/2 pound loss!! You're doing so good with weight loss, wadder drinkin', and exercise, too.

Cristi - hope your pain eases up some. Maybe your doc will have the results Monday. Either way, he/she can give you something for the pain. Yes, I weigh more at the doc's office, too, because I usually weigh in in the AM, after I empty my bladder, and totally nude. WW FT was harder than I thought it would be this time. Once the week was about over, I was just about ready to throw in the towel, but didn't. I stayed with it, and now I'm glad I did. I get real proud of my progress, then I see myself in the mirror and think - sheesh, I've got such a long way to go yet!

Marti - hope you had fun with your sister today. Post the new pages you've done, if you want.

I am feeling a lot better today and got a lot done. Katie is at prom, so I'll fall asleep on the couch waiting for her and Kayla to come home. Kayla is her best friend. They will be excited, I know, and will giggle til dawn. I gave her the big "Don't do anything to make me lose trust in you" speech before she left. Hopefully, some of it sunk in.

G'night,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 01:22 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Question

Cristi and I are planning to clean up some of the sticky threads by deleting or splicing some of them. If you regular posters have any input, preferences, suggestions or comments about this, please PM one or both of us asap. Otherwise, we will use our own judgement and you know how crazy Cristi...... er ...we can get, lol!!

Thanks!
Jana
Old 04-18-2004, 01:25 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Hee-hee...Jana, that was funny.

You're up awfully late aren't you? It's almost 10:30 here!!

Just wanted to post and say goodnight...was going to do individuals but I will do that tomorrow morning.

Night ladies!

Marti

Oh yeah...no suggestions about the sticky's....There are a lot so clean up would be nice. (not that I'm complaining....)
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 12:47 PM   #6  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning all,
Sorry I have been MIA
Just busy with work and Brandon and his friend Adam more or less took over the computer.
I came down with another cold this past week,,,feel better already. Major headache thou wich was hard to work with. I was pretty cranky after spending a day with rude people. Plus if you guys know anything about hockey you would know Calgary Flames are in the finals with Vancouver, and well we sell alot of beer to BC and it took twice as long to get the orders out with the BC people (they wanted to talk hockey...duh I hate hockey)
My friend Becky will be joining us soon,,,*I hope! She had trouble getting in...plus I think Angelika might be joining too. Another friend.

Kaycee, osry about your uncle,,,warm thoughts and hugs to you and your family.

Jana,,,as always congrats on the weight loss.

Susan,,,details woman! I was sending out good luck signals to you yesterday......did you feel them?

Cristi, ok Im at a loss of what happen to your arm...you had an MRI done,,,what happened?

Shanna, I know the feeling about sitting all day,,, I went from a job where you ran all day to sitting,,,my butt and hips hurt so bad the first week. Ive had to go to the chiropractor twice in the last 3 weeks. I stand every hour and stretch. it helps.

Marti, I am going to be doing that too,,,we have 2 MP3 s in the house a couple of walk mans and yet,,,good walking paths close to home. No excuses!
Well we did have (lets hope our last of the yar) snow storm last week. ITs all melted as of yesterday.

Did I miss anyone?

Just finished reading Nora Roberts Birthright,,,going to read next Mary Higgins Clark the second time around.
Well yesterday I went and did my audition for the show. I made Angelika come with me and hold my hand. I was nervous. Anyways will find out tomorrow if Im accepted in,,,I don't know how it went. I was interviewed by 2 people,,, One I knew liked what I said,,,the other was well wacky...can't describe it.
Went to Lacombe after that and had dinner. I worked with these two women like 16 yrs ago at Safeway. Between the 3 of us Brandon was our only child...lol Gwen went of and had 5 kids,,,youngest is 5 now...and Colleen had one little girl. The house was insane with kids and all of us. We do this thing called gourmetting (sp) its a bit like fondu with all the food prep. We have sliced up beef and chicken and well everything. We then all get our own frying pan,,(really small) and we cook our meal. ITs with a bunson burner and such. Its fun. Like fondue it takes hours to do.
So now its Sunday....and I can't believe Im saying this but Im heading out to help with a play.
Was called the other day and told I have 4 plays coming up...ummm I did say I would do 2 so I really don't know were the other 2 came from...lol But the one seems like I would like it. So ok but the other...arghhhhh

well i need to shower and get myself out there...
you all ahve a great day...
I promise I won't be so MIA ish from now on...lol
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 01:14 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

Good Morning.

YAY- Angie!!! Miss you - glad to see you are busy as ever but safe and well

Kathy- I still am mailing off your envelope....lol I went to the PO this morning and it was locked. Couldn't get in to buy stamps- can they do that?? Weird how they lock up when people have their mailboxes in there.

I weighed this morning at 144.....go figure- I don't know.

Ok- Alex Post.........

Overall he is a nice Christian man, his picture doesn't do him justice- he is very handsome in person and very kind.
We planned on meeting at 11:30am , I got there at 11:15 before him. I had stopped at a Wendys 20 miles out to fix the make up and to put my hair back down- didn't look so great anymore pulled back-
So, got there and waited- got out and walked around. Saw his Volvo at the stop sign and sat in the car.
He pulled up with a nice smile on his face- turns out he had just been to the barber that morning so his hair was nice and trim.
We left my car there and went to IHOPs- ordered a garden egg thing- it was good- came with hash browns but didn't eat those- Alex offered me his pancakes but passed-
I guess we were there for over an hour talking-
Felt better when we left- more relaxed- and enjoyed listening to him talk about his mother. She saved $$$$ and brought her family of 10 kids over to the US back in the 70's- thought that was incredible- even the dog came he said....lol
So, we went to the theatre and he bought the 3:15 tickets for The Passion Of Christ-
I don't know how long we had to wait but went back the capitol area and took a nice walk around the lake- he talked about his job.....
The weather was sunny- so didn't have to wear a coat- his shirt was the same color sage as my peasant top ((did I get that right Jana????lol))...so that was cute.
Drove backto the theatre and saw the movie- I din't really like it. Way too graphic for me- I got the point in the first few minutes- didn't need it to contine on and on- I closed my eyes a lot and got teary eyed.
So, that ended and it was 5:15 now.
Went back to my car and sat until 7:30 and talked.....chatter chatter--
He is a very sweet man. I think by his talking though he still has feelings for his ex wife- He didn't want the seperation 3 years ago or the divorce 1 year ago- so think he still has things to work through.
He was a total gentleman-- paid for lunch and the movie and opened all the doors for me-
Shook my hand hello and good bye-----
Kind of miffed- would have liked a hug but think that is just his way of being a gentleman.Certainly he has been kind to me over the last 6 weeks to think different and we were just meeting-
So, I enjoyed his company and getting out on the open road- so great to listen to music and going fast....lol
Picked up Gabster at 9:15 and went home- fell asleep in my clothes-- was tired.
Heading for church now-- Rachel leaves later in the day for Outdoor school.
I guess Alex and I get to go back to email now- if anything I feel he would be a true friend and think he is a super catch someday for any lucky lady

OK-best get!!!

TTFN
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 04:15 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Cristi - got your PM answer and will start on the clean up soon!

Angie - there you are!! Glad to see you, and I hope you are feeling better now. Tell your friends Becky and Angelina that we won't bite (well, Kayecee might, lol) and to jump on in! Are they doing any special type of program? Wow you are really busy. I would love to see you get a paying job in the theatre someday - you are so gifted.

Susan - sounds like Alex was a true gentleman! And it's cool that you matched w/o even planning it like I do for Neal and me, lol. So did you make plans to see each other again? You said he may still be hung up on his ex... well, at least he is trying, or he wouldn't have met up with you at all.

Hi to the others...

I went to a b/d party for a friend's 2 y/o grandson today and passed on the Sponge Bob Square Pants cake and ice cream. It was scheduled for right after Sunday dinner, so it was a no-brainer. As I've mentioned before, I don't really care for bought cake anyway.

Bbl,
Jana

Edited : I unstuck several threads, including the photo one... I am sort of uncomfortable with my fams pics hanging there all the time for anyone to access... so I thought if we could just post a link in chit chat when we have new photos, then let it die out with the thread. To you regular posters - If I took away any thread that you wish I hadn't, just holler, and I'll re-stick it.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:57 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Howdy Ladies

Jana~a clean-up of the sticky's is a good thing. Good for you for not throwing in the towel. You have come to far to throw it in now. And while you may have a long way to go-just think and look at how far you have come and remember that. So, how was Katie's special night?? Did she have a ball? I bet she was BEAUTIFUL!

Angie~you tired me out reading your post. Glad to see ya posting and hope you are feeling better. You had us worried being gone so long. My arm (shoulder & wrist), well, I started having this pain a few years ago and the doc said it was a touch of carpal tunnel syndrome, bursitis & tendonitis. Got a cortisonne shot back then and it helped tremendously, but got one a few months ago and it did nada. The ibuprofen didn't even help. Since that didn't work when it should have she (the doc) wants to find out what the heck is going on and go from there. Meanwhile...my arm is killing me.

Susan~so what does that mean "I guess Alex and I get to go back to email now- if anything I feel he would be a true friend and think he is a super catch someday for any lucky lady." Do you guys plan on another date? I agree with Jana, at least he is trying and he was a gentleman. That was a looong date! Wow! So I think that right there says something-you both enjoyed each others company-right?

Marti~yes, post some scrapbook pages! Waiting to see some of your wedding.

Well, it is such an ugly day today-mother nature must know I am wanting my grass planted! That's okay, we got the rest of the blinds hung and I feel like a little kid with a new toy. Who the heck gets excited over blinds?! Oh, me! I did get that walk in at the park yesterday, forgot to mention that. It felt good. I don't mind walking on the treadmill but it is a little boring at times and a little different from walking outside. I told Vince everytime I go to the PO Box to get the mail I will head over to the park and walk around it. It's just very challenging when the wind is blowing like it is and has been for the last 3 or 4 days. Today is worse! Anywho, I am babbling... It is a good day to go read a good book or watch a good movie. I need to finish the other LaVryle Spencer book I started as it is due tomorrow. Finished the other one and it was good. Am itching to buy a couple of books but I have so many I need to read. Okay, starting in again. Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. TTFN
Old 04-18-2004, 05:25 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Cristi - I meant "throw in the towel" on FT only, not WW!! FT is so limiting, but I truly do love the WW program!! Thanks for the pep talk, though - you are a good buddy for that. Yes, Katie had a good time and slept quite a bit today, lol. We are having all kinds of wind here in Indiana, too, and it's almost too much to take! The temp is great, but the wind makes it almost impossible to go out.

Jana
Old 04-18-2004, 06:10 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

Hi,

I am just trying to protect my feelings, I guess. I am not sure what he feels or what he wants out of our friendship.
Didn't really talk of any future meetings- though I would be all for it. I know how I feel- he is a super guy.I would love to get to know him better.
He just said " I will email you"....ok-
lol
Rachel is off to outdoor school - yay- going to do laundry.

Yep- it was a long day together- he seemed to be enjoying my company as much as I was enjoying his-- just one day at a time-- a lot to learn about each other-

best get

Susan
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:06 PM   #12  
Fit and Feisty

Smile It's Spring!

Hi All,

Once again I have been AWOL. Hospitalized for a short time and now home recuperating from bronchitis. It seems like every time I make up my mind to lose this weight.....SOMETHING happens. I now know that we just have to stay OP no matter what happens.

Jana: Thanks for your Easter card. It was so nice to hear from you.

We saw Yanni in person a few weeks ago. The arena was filled to capacity. He put on a three-hour show.

Kaycee: So sorry to read about your loss.

Susan: Everything works out for the best. (Romans 8:28)

Sorry if I have left so many of you out of my responses. I am just starting to get back in the swing of things, including exercise. I now just do my Firm tapes twice or three times a week, just the weights....I skip all of the choreography...I am NOT a dancer.

It is supposed to be 90 degrees here in CT tomorrow.

Take care all of you.

Love,
carree
carree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:38 PM   #13  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

Carree--Always good to see you posting. So sorry to hear that you had to go to the hospital! Glad to hear that you're back home getting better.

Cristi--Didn't do much on my scrapbook at all at my sisters. We did a lot of laughing. At one time I got up from the table and stepped onto on of my nieces toys...landed flat on the floor. My sister was shocked, and thinking I was crying was trying to help me up....only to find me in tears from laughing so hard. She was really trying to not laugh after that making sure I wasn't hurt, but she couldn't help it....laughter is contagious!!

Jana--You're doing so wonderfully on WW and I'm so proud of you and your determination. Have you thought of what you want to reward yourself with once you have reached your final goal?? Your energy level must be getting better too. I'm just so happy for you.

Angie--My oh my girl!! Your schedule sure is a hectic one. How do you do it? I need to get some lessons from you. Enjoy life to the fullest. At least that is how I see you as doing. For now on....you tell them boys that you need computer time every once in awhile...even for just 10 mins. to let us know how you're doing.

Kayecee--Hey there girly....I have to go back to the other thread to remember what all you wrote, but I'm glad that you checked in. Summer is getting closer, so that means school is almost nearing the finish.....are you getting excited?? I sure am!! When does school end for you guys? I believe ours is in the middle of June. (much too long!!)

Susan--Hmmmm....I'm not sure how I was reading your post. Were you disappointed that he wasn't more physical? (meaning no hug and such) It sounded like he was a very sweet gentleman. I agree with Jana & Cristi, he wouldn't have met up with you if he wasn't trying to move on. Give the man time....you may be the first woman he's dated since his divorce. And I think not getting a kiss or a hug on the first date shows a sign of respect. I'm glad you had a great time with him, and I hope you two get to meet again.

Hi to the rest of the girls!!

Today James & went to my grandparents after Church. My poor grandma is now on Oxygen. She was so out of breath when she went to the bathroom it brought me to tears. I'm really not ready for her to go anytime soon. She has been my "mother" and has always been there for me, and I can't imagine not being able to come to her when I need advice or have something wonderful to share. I've never had someone close to me pass away. It will be hard. She talked about when she was in the hospital someone had come to her room and played the harp......I guess there is a woman who will be coming to my grandparents on Tuesday when my grandmother goes to bed, to play the harpsicord (sp?) not a harp but close. I thought that was a sweet thing to do. She'll enjoy that very much.

The rest of my day I spent cleaning up the house. Didn't have a whole lot to do, I try to keep up with it every Sunday. We bought a squirrel feeder. We have 3 little squirrels that play in the yard every day and James loves to watch them. I keep telling him to go visit Shanna's squirrels. They let her feed them peanuts out of her hand! They're so CUTE!!

Ok...I'm rambling.....so I better get going.

You all have a great Monday.

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:49 PM   #14  
Give me strength

Ah Marti, I watched Monte's grandma age right before my eyes it seems. After Monte's mom died, the light kinda just dimmed. She gave birth to two daughters and both died before her. Both my grandma's died years before so I had her for my surigate (sp) even my younger brother who is 21 called her grandma. HEs like 6'2 and shes 4'10 and he would knee down and hug her...*sigh

Jana, I was sliding the page down and looked at your weightloss,,,over 38 lbs! Why was I thinking 20 something ? you have lost 2 big 20 lbs bags of potatoes.

Susan,,,Im thinking he is probably protecting his heart too. I think you need to do the wait and see thing. Can't expect him to be picking out music for your wedding right? As for his feeling for the ex,,,it could be will always have feelings for the mother of his children,,,but it doesn't mean he can't be in love with someone else.
We all know the feeling of always having that special place for your first love....even if its from 5th grade.

Cristi, did you get the last cortisone shot done right? Cause I have been there and done that and the first time was done wrong and did nothing for me,,,second one hurt like the blazes but ahhhh the relief came soon after.

Well off too bed I go,,,first have to watch Extreme Makeover home edition...

night
Angie
Old 04-18-2004, 11:50 PM   #15  
Give me strength

oh ya Becky is WW fan,,,shes lost close to 100 lbs and Angelika is going to follow me into Body For Life. Not extreme,,,just the normal 12 week challange.
Angie