Old 04-15-2004, 08:44 AM   #1  

Default what do you do and how do you do it?

here's a survey on methods of weight loss. i'm so inspired by all the stories and anecdotal evidence on wieght loss. if you have a few minutes, please feel free to respond

cheers,
samantha

1. how much weight have you lost so far?

2. how long have you been losing weight?

3. what eating plan, if any, are you following?

4. if you aren't following a specific plan, what are you doing eating wise to lose weight?

5. what kind of exercise do you do?

6. how often during a week do you exercise?

7. do you reward yourself with anything after meet a weight loss goal? what kind of reward?
Sexy Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

1. how much weight have you lost so far? almost 30lbs

2. how long have you been losing weight? 5 weeks

3. what eating plan, if any, are you following? low calorie, low fat, low carb lots and lots of exercise
4. if you aren't following a specific plan, what are you doing eating wise to lose weight?

5. what kind of exercise do you do? Gym 5 days week low weight high reps, cardio (air walker) 30 min every day
6. how often during a week do you exercise? Every day

7. do you reward yourself with anything after meet a weight loss goal? what kind of reward? My reward is motivation!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:54 PM   #3  
missaprylj

Whoo.... Gretchen is on fire!!! *clapping*
Old 04-15-2004, 11:54 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

1. how much weight have you lost so far? I weigh myself on Saturdays; as of last Saturday -- after 6 weeks on plan -- I'd lost 23 pounds.

2. how long have you been losing weight? Since March 1, so a little under 7 weeks.

3. what eating plan, if any, are you following? Around 1500 calories/day; on average, roughly 40/35/25 carb/protein/fat, with all low-glycemic carbs and minimal saturated fat; low sodium; 120 oz. H20; low sugar; minimal processed foods or chemicals; high fiber; overall nutritional balance; lots of veggies and low-glycemic fruit; 5-6 meals/day.

5. what kind of exercise do you do? walking, biking

6. how often during a week do you exercise? 3 times/week currently, but I know it should be more.

7. do you reward yourself with anything after meet a weight loss goal? what kind of reward? I haven't met my first goal yet -- see my signature; however, I don't have any special gift or event planned. Reaching it will be reward enough, to be honest. As I progress through other goals, I'll probably get myself some clothes, or maybe some plants or a nice trellis or birdbath for my garden or something.

Best of success with your journey, SexyBookworm!

Last edited by lessofsarahtolove; 04-16-2004 at 12:17 AM.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:41 AM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

50 pounds

around 3 years

Loosely based on the 90/10 idea--Eat 'clean' 90% of the time & you can have a treat the other 10%

3+ servings of dairy per day
lean beef 2-3x week only
whole grains whenever possible
eating breakfast every day, protein + carb + fruit
fruit & veg for snacks, and if I'm going to binge, binge on fruit
drink 2 liters of water every day

Lifting & machines @ the gym, walking

I try for 4-6 times a week. Haven't been doing that great recently.

7. do you reward yourself with anything after meet a weight loss goal? what kind of reward?

Books, CD's, services @ the salon, trying a new treat (pomegranate blueberry juice is the BOMB).
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:51 AM   #6  

20 lbs

since November 2003

low fat, low glycaemic index carbs, lots of water, meal/snack every 3/4 hours, minimal processed/junk food

swimming, pilates, body conditioning, aquarobics, weights, dancing

minimum 30 mins cardio every day, weights 3 to 4 times/week, Pilates/body conditioning/aqua/dance 5 times/week

at the moment, the way I feel is reward enough!
Old 04-16-2004, 10:06 AM   #7  

1. how much weight have you lost so far? 16 lbs as of April 14th

2. how long have you been losing weight? Since March 13, 2004

3. what eating plan, if any, are you following? Low Calorie. 1200 to 1500 calories a day. Mostly I stay closer to 1200 calories. Low carbs and Low fat.

5. what kind of exercise do you do? For the past week I have been walking everyday. Before then maybe three times of walking a week.

6. how often during a week do you exercise? Trying for everyday. At least five days. Walking is my main exercise at the moment. Our new gym opens up in about two weeks. I can't wait.

7. do you reward yourself with anything after meet a weight loss goal? what kind of reward? Just seeing a difference on the scale when I weigh weekly motivates and rewards me.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #8  

Default Good idea!

1. how much weight have you lost so far? 78 pounds.

2. how long have you been losing weight? 3 years! I'm a sloooow loooser....

3. what eating plan, if any, are you following? Weight Watcher's. I find it flexible enough that I can adapt it to my lifestyle. I also have been watching the amount of sugar I eat because I am "insulin resistant".

4. if you aren't following a specific plan, what are you doing eating wise to lose weight? Oops....kinda answered this one with question 3...

5. what kind of exercise do you do? I change it up a lot...when I first started loosing weight, I didn't exercise....then I started walking to and from work (I still do). I added aquafit for a while, then started going to the gym, then took yoga classes. Now I am getting ready to run a 5K race and am registered to start a belly dancing course as well!

6. how often during a week do you exercise? Walk everyday (1 hour), run 3X per week, belly dancing will be once a week.

7. do you reward yourself with anything after meet a weight loss goal? what kind of reward? When I get to goal, I am going to buy myself a 3/4 length leather coat....
looosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 12:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

1. how much weight have you lost so far? 4 pounds

2. how long have you been losing weight? 3 1/2 weeks

3. what eating plan, if any, are you following? WW and dr. phil

5. what kind of exercise do you do? jump on trampoline, walk or ride bike for cardio and lift weights 3x a week

6. how often during a week do you exercise? try for 7 days but at least 5

7. do you reward yourself with anything after meet a weight loss goal? what kind of reward? you can see my siggy for the rewards I've set out.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:19 PM   #10  

1. how much weight have you lost so far? about 180 lbs.

2. how long have you been losing weight? I started in August 2002 and I hit my goal of 150 lbs. in October 2003 so it took about 14 months. And I've managed to take off 10 more pounds since then.

3. what eating plan, if any, are you following? No specific plan.

4. if you aren't following a specific plan, what are you doing eating wise to lose weight? Portion control has been the most important part of this. I eat smaller amounts 5 to 6 times a day. I also watch my calories, carbs and fat and drink A LOT of water.

5. what kind of exercise do you do? Walking, light weight lifting, and ab work like crunches.

6. how often during a week do you exercise? Every day unless something prevents me from doing it. Every once in a while I will give myself the day off if I just really don't feel like it or if I'm too tired.

7. do you reward yourself with anything after meet a weight loss goal? what kind of reward? Well my biggest reward is the one my mom has given me. She is paying for my Chicago trip in June because she said she is so proud of me for what I've done. Isn't she just the best?!!

Beverly

Last edited by boiaby; 04-16-2004 at 01:21 PM.
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 02:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

1. how much weight have you lost so far? 71.2 lbs.

2. how long have you been losing weight? 18 mos.

3. what eating plan, if any, are you following? Weight Watchers

5. what kind of exercise do you do? aerobics (land and water), weights, walking

6. how often during a week do you exercise? usually 7 days a week

7. do you reward yourself with anything after meet a weight loss goal? what kind of reward? I put $50 in my vacation fund for every five pounds I lose. It's paying for the Chicago trip.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:19 PM   #12  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

1. how much weight have you lost so far? 39 Lbs as of 4/12/04

2. how long have you been losing weight? since 1/12/04

3. what eating plan, if any, are you following? low fat, under 30 grams a day. No snacks that aren't fruits, veggies or yogurt

5. what kind of exercise do you do? none so far. Will add exercise in another 25-30 lbs

7. do you reward yourself with anything after meet a weight loss goal? what kind of reward? Nope. Like others have said just having lost the weight and knowing I'm sticking with it for once is reward enough.

___
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:30 PM   #13  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

About 50 pounds.

I lost a big bulk of it 3 years ago and I've been fighting the regain and losing a bit more this year.

None!

I eat about 1400 calories of day. I stick to whole grains, fruits and veggies, legumes, and very little meat. I try to stay away from anything overprocessed because I am a SUCKER for crap. Especially cookies.

Run/Walk three times a week, swim, and step aerobics. I've always been super super active.

5 days a week.

Nothing planned yet. I'm planning to do a half ironman next April and that's really my goal. The thrill of being able to accomplish something THAT difficult is an ongoing motivational factor as well as a reward.

Last edited by Goddess Jessica; 04-16-2004 at 07:35 PM.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:25 PM   #14  
Losing It :D

1. how much weight have you lost so far? - 42 pounds YAHOO!!!

2. how long have you been losing weight? Novemeber 24 2003

3. what eating plan, if any, are you following? Dr.phil WLC

5. what kind of exercise do you do? Excersie videos, fitness ball & walking

6. how often during a week do you exercise? at least 5 days a week

7. do you reward yourself with anything after meet a weight loss goal? what kind of reward? I new link/Charm on my braclet after I lose 10 pounds
Amanda456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:19 PM   #15  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

1. how much weight have you lost so far? 93.8 lbs.

2. how long have you been losing weight? 8 1/2 months

3. what eating plan, if any, are you following? Weight Watchers

5. what kind of exercise do you do? Curves 3-4 times a week; walking - I was walking about 25 miles a week but was ordered to cut it back by my Doctor because of shin splints and arthritis - but still get in 10 miles a week; balance ball 2 or 3 times a week; yoga 2 or 3 times a week.

6. how often during a week do you exercise? Every day

7. do you reward yourself with anything after meet a weight loss goal? what kind of reward? I didn't until I hit 75 lbs and then I gave myself a trip to the spa to have my eyebrows waxed. And even though it's probably going to be a week or two early, I have already scheduled my treat for my 100 lb loss - a facial, pedicure and manicure scheduled for 5/1.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote