South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 04:43 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Beachy Chat

Hello everyone

More or less OP yesterday, slightly ruined by some sour cream with the quorn chili. Is quorn ok on phase one? I have no idea. Surely it is ok, although a bit strangely processed I suppose.

My firey redorangeyellow tulips are up outside my study window, and very wonderful they look too, like little flames.

Well, my desk is a total mess. It is covered in paper and books and, a roll of kitchen paper(why>), a bag of almonds, a packet of nasturtium seeds, and an unposted easter present for my great nephew (bad great aunt clovey - although he is only six weeks old so hopefully will not be too scarred by my neglect). So today I will do some tidying. That is before I even get to my in tray which is scary with unopened letters marked 'Private' ie the financial type. How often will I have to resolve to Stay On Top Of It All

Kelly and Nicloa, the cleaners, have requested that I leave a wall paper scraper out for them to tackle the mess at the bottom of the Jam cupboard Basically, I think a pot or two of jam went in to the cupboard upside down, and since I have not really been in there for a few months, the mess has got way out of proportion, and somehow solidified. Oh dear. I might make myself scarce when they get here, out of embarassment. I shall go up the allotment again.

Ah, the allotment. I am in love with my allotment. I have decided that I want to expand the golden jewellyness of it this year, and grow things like giant sunflowers and rudbekia among the veggies. I always put a few flowers in but this year I am going to turn it in to a jewellry box of bloom. As I have mentioned before, this is slightly counter-culture up the allotments. The culture is old men delighting in their militarily straight rows of onions and potatos. Competing with each other to grow the longest carrot or the heaviest leek. That is what testosterone does, ladies. Dangerous stuff. But I shall have a progesterone/oestrogen fuelled flowerfest. Sparkly and vibrant with life.

Nothing wrong with the other allotments of course. I quite like the precision of Ivan's onions on the plot next to mine. And I do admire the size of his cauliflower heads. They have a certain beauty all of their own. Of course.

OK, so much to do, so little time

xx
Old 04-15-2004, 06:44 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I was in earlier checking for spammers and spotted you, Clovey. Then the Girls hollered and I was off to do my Dog Mum duties.

Clovey, I think everyone has a "jam closet" situation somewhere. Mine is my sewingroom. Gail is not allowed in there! I'd love to chat gardens with you sometime. Actually I'd chat gardens with anyone anytime - I'm a garden slut!

Busy day is underway. Kevin did finish the barn doors yesterday and today he has Gary (the well digger guy) coming with his big machine to dig up my side walk ready for framing and concrete tomorrow. Great timing as it's Syrup Festival weekend and my company will have to use the back door until the concrete dries! The walk goes from the side door and wraps to the front porch so I'm down to two doors only. A tiny house with four exits!

Amyhow I need to move a huge hosta before the destruction starts so I'm outta here. It's a "Royal Standard" http://www.nhg.com/db/hroyalst.htm and my favourite one so I need to find it a good home somewhere on the property.
"There's a place for us
Somewhere a place for us
Peace and quiet and open air ....."

Have a great day. I'll check in later.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:41 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks!

Clovey, I'd love to see a picture of your allotment garden, be sure to post some so we can see the progress through the season.

Ruth, I'm the same way, I can talk gardens all day long. So much to talk about and never boring!

Today, is supposed to start our official "warm up" with highs in the 70's. Spring doesn't officially arrive in Georgia until Tax Day. By August, we'll be longing for those nice cool days where the high only reached 50*.

Went for my walk last night. Got in 2 miles. Amazing how getting off schedule will sap the strength out of you. (Had to skip Monday in honor of dd's birthday).

Right now, I have a couple of lovely artichokes steaming. Can't wait to eat them...may even have to take one for lunch. Dh says it's too much effort for too little return, but I have to disagree.

Well, need to finish putting the face on and getting the hair to obey. You all have a wonderful OP day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 04-15-2004, 07:43 AM   #4  

Clovey & Ruth, you two put me to shame today. I thought I was done with the "bug", but no. My head and stomach are still whirling. My cleaning lady came yesterday and we worked on some Spring cleanup, but I should have just sat. I hit the bed for a nap later and stayed there for 4 hours!

I seem to be staying OP, mainly because of the touchy tummy.

Have fun with your gardens ladies. Everyone without one, have fun anyway. Jo
Old 04-15-2004, 08:12 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning my beach beauties I am feeling rather great today despite the fact that once again it is pouring rain here. I have been getting up at 6:00 which is a huge thing for me as I was staying in bed til 7 and then quickly getting ready to face the wee ones as they come in the door. So I am up and showered hair done face on and feeling great. Still staying OP and drinking water not as much as I should but I figure some in better than I usually have which is none. I think I am doing about 5 glasses. Well that is it in my world.

Ruth ,Clovey and Mamacita I envy you guys I really want to be a in Ruths words a garden slut but I am just a wantabe. I do putter but I am not very good. I just kinda stick things here and there and hope they will look nice although I do have a beautiful Iris that I do baby I am totally in love with it I will have to take a picture when it blooms. I will gladly take any garden advice you chicks have to give I live to learn.

Penny so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Get lots of rest and lots of fluids. Take care.

Well I must go I need to make a quick phone call to school to make sure the package of information I sent with my dd got there in one piece. Have a great day chicks.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:18 AM   #6  

morning ladies!!!
clovey your allotment sounds beautiful, i love to see the unexpected in a garden. i have a very scattered garden in spots just for this reason, daisys mixed in with lavender and daylillies etc. i just let the seeds fall where they may so to speak.

ruth good luck with the hosta!!! i'm sure you will win the struggle with the big fella.

mamacita enjoy the warm weather, were supposed to warm up here starting today too, they're talking 70's by saturday.

pennywise get better soon!!!

i have no great plans today just work and running kids back and forth to practice. a friend gave me a start to a fine old wine grape vine yesterday so i have to find a good spot for it in the yard later. i also have to get through some of the garage mess and hide all my good stuff or dh will sell it in the big garage sale this weekend. but first i gotta get to work. have a great day everyone!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 08:39 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Damn! My car payment bounced again! How embarrassing. I can't seem to get organized with my two accounts... I hate calling those miserable women at the bank. They never seem very happy.

Penny, so sorry you're still sick, hon. Get lots of rest, sweetie.

Ruth, according to Ed Lawrence (sp?), you may need to take an ax to that hosta.

Jodi, are you still being good to your DH?

Must run... going out for lunch with a friend (and a trip to Ikea!), and I've got to find something respectible to wear.

love and hugs to all...
Old 04-15-2004, 09:27 AM   #8  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Morning all you early birds!

Just checking in before a (mindless, pointless, aimless) meeting. Aren't they all like that?

Clovey, Ruth & Mamacita - I recently bought a home that has absolutely nothing aroudn it in the way of flowers. My neighbors are putting me to shame with their beautiful blooms. Traditionally I have always had a bit of a black thumb. So, I'll be picking your brains when me and the dearest begin planting!

Little Chick - you're already leaps and bounds beyond my gardening skills. My resume is totally blank in that area.

Penny - Do feel better. And don't guilt yourself out of resting your body.

Well, I'm off to my busy day. I feel like it never ends here at work. I'll be working this weekend AND trying to fit in two bachelorette parties for some friends. Now that I'm tying the knot it seems EVERYONE is getting married. Between my fiance and I we have 6 weddings to go to this year!! I can't afford my own wedding much less presents for the other brides. Maybe we can barter something?

To all you wonderful readers and writers - I'm on a mad hunt for readings for the wedding that pull at the heart-strings but don't focus on God. While God is certainly invited to my wedding if s/he wants to be there, I'm not sending a special invite.

I'll miss you all for a few days - I have a training on Friday and I'm off on Monday. I'll try to check-in when I'm working over the weekend.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Old 04-15-2004, 09:30 AM   #9  

yes ellis i have been the model wife . truth is i gave the poor dude my cold so i feel guilty. so there has been none of this , only lots of this at least until he feels better(can't accuse me of not playing fair)
how are you doing??
Old 04-15-2004, 10:09 AM   #10  
Reeling Reverend

Morning, darlings!!

Clovey- Your allotment sounds simply wonderful!! It will do the oldtimers some good to see a little color in their straight/narrow onion world!

Ruth- Garden slut! I repeat,

Mamcita- you go girl! I just can't seem to get my butt out there! Keep up the good work!

Jo- I'm so sorry you're still feely oogey. Feel better! Hope the weather perks up in your area! Try a funny movie (laughter is the best medicine )

Little chick- Good for you! I always want to get up earlier so I'm not zooming around the house trying to get everything done before I leave for work, but I just can drag my butt outta bed!! What's your secret!?!

Jodi- I call a bottle of Merlot! Do you have a trellace? How exciting! Just be careful of the birds... we have a trellace over the driveway and the birds love the grapes, and are not potty trained! The windshield is constantly schmutzy!

Ellis- I hate it when things bounce!! (Unless of course it's something on a strapping young trainer... ) Enjoy lunch and Ikea, I'm so jealous!

Imarah- Barter... If only! I have to be in one wedding this year, one next year, nevermind just the attending them.... Can't people just have common law?! It all works out, I suppose.. good luck with your busy day!!

Well! I am trying to convince Jorge that we need to move upstairs in the master bedroom, but I'm getting some stiff resistance. We have a four bedroom house, albeit 4 small bedrooms, 4 rooms nonetheless. We are but 2 people and one doghter (that was intentional, she's our dog) and we all sleep in the same bed!! WHY THEN can't we move into the master bedroom? It currently acts as his "office" so it makes sense, but we spend so much time there?! AAHHH!!!! I love my would-be husband, I really do, but sometimes....

Well, off to tend to some reports and the most ADORABLE child here today. He's 6, Asian, and wicked funny. I love my kids!!

Looking at the 70s this weekend!! The fatherless rodents from the window company are supposed to get the glass out of my flower beds on Friday, so I look forward to being a garden slut this weekend, myself!

Stay OP gals!! (I'm down another 2 pounds!!) is mercury in line with venus or something??
Old 04-15-2004, 10:26 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

CrystalCaity- I will share my secret with you. It is my Darling Hubby he gets up about 5:45 and he likes to wake me before he goes. If you know what I mean. I guess we have Spring fever
Old 04-15-2004, 10:57 AM   #12  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Oh morning lovin' is the best!
Old 04-15-2004, 11:32 AM   #13  
Reeling Reverend

If only there were a chin-scratching, shifty-eyed smilie!! Mine gets up about that time.. hmmmm... Perhaps I CAN get up after all... (or at least he can...) I'm so bad... but at least I'm not a garden slut.. yet.... ENOUGH! I'm horrible!! This is what i get for working with a 6 year old this morning, I had to repress to much!
Old 04-15-2004, 12:12 PM   #14  
Ready to Change

It's a good way to put a smile on your face. and his.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just be sure he cleans his teeth first! You chicks are in terminal spring fever!!!!
Closed Thread