South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 09:23 PM   #1  

Default a little upset

Hey ladies,
Just thought that I would come here because maybe someone else has experienced this.

I have been naucous for about 2 weeks, sometimes very severe where I feel saliva rushing into my mouth, and others a general feeling that lasts for hours.

My DH and I went up to the spa this weekend, and it was good because I had a terrible headache, and sore neck and shoulders. So I thought that this was caused by stress or lack of sleep.

Well today I went to the doctor and her assertion is that I am having problems with my gall bladder. She noted that a drastic change in diet can bring on problems, and that I fit the 4 Fs close enough (Female, Fertile, Fat, Forty (ok I'm only 25) - but 3 out of 4)

My father had his gall bladder removed when he was 30, so this isn't all that far out of the realm of possibility.

Has anyone else been through this? Advice, suggestions. I'm not very close with my father so I didn't really want to discuss with him.

Thanks for listening girls....
Old 04-13-2004, 09:30 PM   #2  

Pebbles, sometimes getting rid of toxins can cause nausea/headache. As a massage therapist (certified, but hobby/family only), I've seen people feel really sick after being worked on. If you had a massage -- or other toxin-releasing treatment at the spa -- this could be a contributor. It's great that you asked your doctor, though --- that's always the smart move!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:43 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Pebbles, did your doctor recommend continuing the diet or... ?!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:54 PM   #4  

Actually the most ironic part is that due to the kitchen remodel I've pretty much been off of it, and gained 5 pounds. I've been cheering for the project to finish so I can restart phase 1 asap.

So far I'm just going for an ultrasound, and nothing is for sure - but I guess I'm trying to see if anyone else has had gall stones that have caused attacks before.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:55 PM   #5  

Natter -
I have heard that if you don't drink enough water then headaches, etc occur. It's just that I already had all the symptoms nausea, headache, soreness before seeing the therapist.

Plus, I drank tons and tons of water, so I didn't think the toxins would be an issue.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:31 AM   #6  

If the symptoms started after starting the diet and not before, it is probably a safe bet that the change in diet is causing distress.

I believe that all people are physiologically and chemically different. It is important to find a way of eating that works for you. It is possible to lose weight many different ways. Maybe caloric restriction would be better for you than carbohydrate restriction. Maybe you are not eating enough vegetables to help flush out the proteins and toxins found in meat, you need all those fibrous vegetables to bulk up in your intestines and sweep out the fats and toxins into the toilet! I would try it again making sure you eat more vegetables than meat and drink all your water, and see if it works that time.

Don't let your bowels get stopped up, ladies!! Increase your veggies until you are going DAILY.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:48 AM   #7  

Hi Pebbles, sorry you are not feeling well. I dont have anything to suggest, but I hope you get it sorted out soon.
xx
Old 04-14-2004, 12:21 PM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi Pebbles, sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I agree with moonmirror I find if I am not eating enough fruits and veggies that I feel terrible. I have not had gallbladder trouble ever so I can't give any advice on that one sorry. But maybe try increasing you fiber for a few days and see how you feel. Good luck.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:23 PM   #9  

Pebbles- I had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago (at the age of 20). Mine had been misdiagnosed for years. Sometimes it was a dull pain and occasionally would bend me over in knife-like pain. The ER thought it was my appendix when I went in hunched over in pain. I didn't have stones, mine just quit working. They can see stones on an ultrasound or CT scan, but to find out if its working or not they have to do nuclear medicine.

I don't think the 4f's apply anymore. I think the majority of it is genetics and stresses that we put on our body like weightloss or gain, drinking alcohol, etc. I feel so much better now that I had mine out. I didn't know I could feel this good. Good luck in figuring it all out.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:42 PM   #10  

Meredith -
Thanks sooooooooo much.

I posted over here because the doctor pointed to several studies where weight loss of more than 20 pounds INCREASED your liklihood of developing gall stones.

Ironic that I'm getting healthy and all this started.

I have an ultrasound,so I'll let you know what happens.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:18 PM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Pebbles, I hope you get this all worked out. sending you hugs and prayers...
Old 04-15-2004, 07:48 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles396
Natter -
I have heard that if you don't drink enough water then headaches, etc occur. It's just that I already had all the symptoms nausea, headache, soreness before seeing the therapist.

Plus, I drank tons and tons of water, so I didn't think the toxins would be an issue.
Absolutely, Pebbles -- in fact, after any massage work, I always give the client a huge glass of water! But your case does sound different from that.
Closed Thread