South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 07:31 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday on the Beach Chat

Hello everyone! I am back! And audaciously starting the thread for the day as everyone over there seems to be asleep, I assume in a sugar coma from chocolate eggs??

Well, I have been away on a mini holiday and then off on a retreat for easter, and both were lovely. Now I am back, and back on phase one as well as I am a bit off the programme. The mini holiday was a bit, um, cakey. And then the retreat was vegan, and therefore rather ricey and rather pasta-y. So I need to get back on the straight and narrow, but it feels easy enough after my lovely meditation break.

Well, I have to rush off to the allotment to check the seeds, and then I have to go off to work. On and on...
love
Old 04-13-2004, 07:48 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies!

No sugar coma here, Clovey. But yesterday was dd's birthday , so I did cheat a bit and have a small slice of flourless chocolate cake. Sugar-wise, it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it was a cheat none-the-less. I was amazed to wake up and see that the scale hadn't inched upward. Whew! Feel like I dodged a bullet there.

Birthday supper was totally ON program, though. Very lean steak cooked on the grill, a half a sweet potato, and some asparagus with lemon juice. Yum!

Clovey, glad you enjoyed your mini holiday and retreat. It's always nice to get away, isn't it? We're planning a long weekend in August at the beach. Hopefully, a little place off the coast from Savannah called Tybee Island. I love it there.

Well, off to suck some blood. HAGD everyone

Mamacita
Old 04-13-2004, 07:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Clovey! Glad you're back! I've been browsing around the site waiting for someone to start the AM thread. Hope your seedlings fared well while you were away.
I made an appointment at Curves for Thursday, and I will probably join then. Gals there looked like they were having fun. If I have to exercise, may as well have fun doing it.
Can't get anything done outside today as it's raining again. It's a good day to curl up with a book and a pot of tea, and just be lazy.
Have a great day, everyone!
Old 04-13-2004, 07:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning Mamacita, you snuck in ahead of me! Have you tried the "Bean Cake" recipe? I'm going to make it today, along with the Ethiopian Chicken. That sounds really yummy!
Old 04-13-2004, 07:55 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Nope, haven't tried it...please report back how it is...I'm suspicious of anything that has the words Bean and Cake in the same recipe.

Mamacita

Ok, I'm REALLY out of here now.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:58 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick flyby....I should be at the Greeenhouse in 1 minute! Can you tell I'm back to alleged normal? See you later.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:08 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome back, Clovey! We missed you!

Hey, girls. It's raining. And I've got the day to myself!! Hmmm... I think... better make sure DH doesn't have the day off... back later...
Old 04-13-2004, 08:13 AM   #8  

morning
hello clovey welcome back!!! hope your seedlings are doing well.

not alot going on here just rain rain and more rain this week. so far they are saying it should be dry over the weekend. dh wants to have a garage sale to get rid of all the junk we have stashed in the garage. i told him he has to make up his mind by today so i can get prepared so we will see. i better get started on my work i have to leave a little early today and i don't feel ok about it unless i get everything done.

hope you all have a great day!!
Old 04-13-2004, 08:37 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Good mornin chickies! I'm back as well. I am ready for some time at home! I've missed everyone. Looks like you all are doin well and we all survived the evil chocolate rabbit. I have to say I did not have one stinkin piece of easter candy. Nothin short of a miracle for me. My sil had plenty of it sittin around her house Sunday but I steered cleared of it for once! Didn't have a total op weekend but no total blow out either. ok I'm off to get this day goin. Get all our laundry from the w-end done. Yes I know way to much fun for one person. teehee Have an OP day all!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:15 AM   #10  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning chickies,
Rain, rain, and more rain for me this week. At least rain is better then snow! I didn't eat too terribly Off Plan this weekend, but I feel bloated and enormous and I am not getting on the scale. It should be TOM but it hasn't shown up yet! Hmmmmm. It could be stress because I have been very stressed out. Oh well. You chicks have a good OP day, I'm off to do school work!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:25 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies I too am back on the wagon. I didn't fair well over the week-end darn chocolate it is my one weakness.. I did get on the scales today and
this was my reaction Well that was enough to say ok girlfriend get your butt back on track. (Dam Easter Bunny he should only give out carrots.)
Well I will be back later as my sister just called to chat about the wedding. Be back soon.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:38 AM   #12  
Reeling Reverend

Morning, Chicks!! Dear heavens, but it's CRAPPY outside! They're calling for t-storms and damaging winds! Um, isn't it April? April showers is one thing, this is just rediculous. Despite the crappy weather, I've been good. I am back on P1.5 track (the strawberries are just too tempting) and feeling SO much better than when the carb monster had a hold of me.

I'm trying to swith to tea instead of coffee these days... arg. I need my coffee... I'm just not nice without it! Anyhoo... I've got reports to do and charts to build and ebay items to look after.... Ya'll have a TERRIFIC day! It seems we've been collectively doing ok about getting back on track... GOOD JOB LADIES!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 10:58 AM   #13  
RNMOM

Default Good Tuesday morning..

I just got the chillin's off to school, ran down to the Dr's office to laser my face and do some microdermabrasion. (I work for him and we have those little aesthetic machines) I've been pampering myself when I can, cause no one else is going to do it for me!

Welcome back Clovey, did miss you and your posts. Sounds like eveyone else is doing well at staying away from temptation. Even if you did have an Easter splurge...think of how much worse it could have been if you hadn't been playing at the Beach!!!

Well, off to exercise. I promised myself no fun until the exercise is done.

Gotta go.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:15 AM   #14  

Hi everyone and welcome back Clovey...

Like many, I had a few sweets over the weekend but I am back on program. I did limit the quantities from what I would have had in the old days, so that is progress.

The scale is a little stalled, but we shall see now that I am back to what I was doing before.

We had a passover seder for 16 (and then the dishwasher broke). The next day, as is our tradition, we took the leftover gefilte fish and chopped liver to a family easter picnic. Are we covering all bases or what?

Well, I am off to work as I slept in a little so need to hustle. Just wanted to check in. Have a good day everybody.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:17 AM   #15  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Morning All!

CrystalCaity - I was in your neck of the woods yesterday giving a presentation at Howard University. The guy I drove with had his car towed!!! What should have been maybe a 3 hour trip for a casual presentation turned out to be an 8 hour ordeal in the pouring rain! It's been miserable weather here in Baltimore too!

Things are going well today though! Where's SunshineLady? I look forward to her perky messages on these dreary days.

Hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in later!
Closed Thread