Old 04-08-2004, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default Stay AT Home Mom's # 146

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:07 AM   #2  

Smile

Good morning all!
I hope everyone is feeling better.
Just a quick hello
I'll post again later
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:11 AM   #3  

Good morning all!

Crystal, I really hope you feel better today and getting out of the house doesn't aggravate your allergies. Did you say you took a perscription for it or something? Could you get an allergy shot? Wow, your sister already has 8 kids and is expecting another? How old is she and her kids? Did she just want a really large family or does she not believe in birth control?? Dh has a friend who is one of 7 kids and his mom didn't believe in birth control. But she is a little woman and you'd never think she had that many kids because she is very thin with a flat stomach!!! That is how my bf will be, she was 95 lbs before getting pregnant and about 115 the day she gave birth the other night, I know when I see her her stomach will be flat again, she didn't even get any stretch marks. I offered her a few of mine and she passed, lol. I have more than enough for 3 women. yuck. I'll be watching survivor tonight and the apprentice.
Ginny, your life will not slow down until your kids are grown and moved away and you retire! lol. You are a busy woman. I didn't know you played the flute!!! I dabbled with the guitar for awhile (a past anniversary gift) and when I was in high school I played the xylaphone (sp?) and some keyboard. But now all I play is the radio. Oh and I fiddle with DH's harmonica every now and then. Did you get to your WW meeting yesterday??? Don't leave me hanging!!! What was the meeting about?

Well today I plan on sticking around the house for awhile. I won't go tan until 7 pm tonight (will have to tape survivor) I've decided since I've been so bad the past few weeks on the weekends that when I WI tomorrow I will not use any flexpoints this week. I just need to stay focused to get these last 2.5 lbs off. I don't expect a loss tomorrow, maybe even more of a gain since TOM is coming, but I'll weigh in none the less to keep me accountable and then next friday I am hoping to see my goal weight staring at me from the scale!!!! I'm keeping positive.
Well, I am off here to chrochet a little. TTYL!
Old 04-08-2004, 10:14 AM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Just a quick note:
Spryng, do you credit all or most of your weight loss to WW? Do you go to the meetings? Where can I get all the info to learn it w/o going to meetings? I think Penny might be sending it to me but I'm not sure. I was just curious. I thought at first you didn't have much to lose although to you I'm sure it was, but when you actually put #'s with it, 40 lbs. is quite a bit. I haven't been around here long enough to know in depth about everyone's weight loss. If you don't feel like sharing the whole story on the thread, maybe you can email me some basic info. Whatever. Just thought I'd ask.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!! I hope today finds you well!!

Spryng-I start atkins today!!!! Im sooo excited I really hope that it will work for me, I am very devoted as of today we'll see how I feel throughout the rest of induction lol.

I have a question in general for anyone....I am having my wisdom teeth out next thursday and I'll still be in induction at that point can anyone reccommend any good SOFT induction foods for me I was thinking perhaps I'd live on chicken broth alone for a few days or can atkins dieters have sugar free jello or sugar free popsicles?

Crystal--Sorry to hear you werent feeling well I hope things pick up for you

Any hints for indoor rainy day activities to do with a 2 yo? I think we may do some painting today she always likes painting

I hope you are all doing well!!!

Michelle
SW~~250
CW~~247
GW~~145 I changed my goal weight from 150 to 145 which is what my max average weight should be for my height of 5'4"
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:29 AM   #6  

Hi again!

you girls are quick posters, lol.

Michelle, I hope you have a great first day OP!!! What is your menu today?? If I can give you some advice, the first 3 days are the hardest so hang in there! After your body goes in ketosis your hunger will dissapate and you'll feel much better. Be sure to drink extra water to flush out those ketones and don't be suprised if you get bad breath, that is a by product of ketosis. And as for soft foods.... hmmm... not sure. Let me think about that. Yes you can have sugar free jello, as much of it as you need, it's 0 carbs. Here is a great site for printing out things to do with your 2 yo http://www.dltk-kids.com/ hope that helps!

Crystal, yes the majority of my weight loss is due to WW, the first 8 lbs was from atkins and then I switched to low calorie (only for about 4 days) and then I switched to WW and the rest came off. No I don't go to meetings, just do it on my own at home. There isn't any meetings around here or I would go.
Here is WW in a nutshell... you get target pts for each day and those are based on your weight. Like for me I get 20 pts a day, those under 150 get 20 pts, I forget how much you weigh or I'd tell you how many pts you'd get. Then you get 35 "flexpoints" to use along with your target for the week. So you can save those pts and use for a big dinner or something or spread them out during the week. When you WI those flexpoints roll over. I hope I am making sense, I'm not the best at explaining stuff. Go to this site http://www.stormlakeonline.com/piggy/wwtools.html and you'll see links on the right side of the page, here you can download a pts calculator for you desktop and also one you can print out, a pts slider which is nice to have in the kitchen or in your purse. Every food has a pts value, if it has a label you can calculate the pts by putting in the calories, fiber and fat and then it gets a number. For everything else, like meats and such you can use fitday.com to find the food and calculate it from there. But if you download that stuff you can start today! I can't see your signature right now but when I get your current weight I'll tell you how many pts you can have ok? If you have additional questions email me! [email protected]. I'll be happy to help you start WW.
Ok, I really need to get off here. TTYL!
Old 04-08-2004, 10:29 AM   #7  
2BoysMom

Good morning all

Michele, good luck with Atkins...anytime I "can't" have anything I crave it even more! But it works for a lot of people. I'm just using Dr Phil's book as a reference to re-read when I start falling off the wagon and am eating healthy and exercising every day. Today Will & I will be making the Grandma's Easter Cards. He loves to put stickers on and then I either use my stamps or the computer for the words. Sometimes he colors on the cards too...well, he scribbles. The Grandma's love them. Dh's birthday is coming up too so maybe we'll work on his card today too.

Mornin' Spryng, I'll be watching Survivor tonight too. Still don't know who I want to win. Then I'll putz around with The Apprentice on in the background til ER comes on. Then off to bed with me. Even with the time change the boys are still up at 6ish so I'm usually going to bed around 10.

Ginny and Ricci! Nice to hear from you....Ricci, helping your Mom move was probably a good workout!!
Melinda...TOM sucks!! Hmmm I now have a craving for very good, but very bad Mexican

Hi to everyone else...I smell something not too pretty when Tony gets near me so I have to go!! TTYL!! I may be at the chat today...I'll try anyway.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:31 AM   #8  

crystal, if you are 210 then you would get 26 pts a day.
when you hit 199 you go down to 24 pts per day, but you still get the extra 35 flexpoints each week to use!
Old 04-08-2004, 11:08 AM   #9  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Question Oooops

I posted my week's success on the old thread before I knew there was a new one...in a nutshell, 5.5 pounds this week, 10.5 in the 10 days since my doctor's visit. YIPPEEEEEEEE! Portion control and water and listening to Dr Phil and my friends here. NO restrictions, I am just like Chubba!

Spryng, is there a minimum number of points you must eat on WW? I worry that I don't eat enough and I am going to look at the info you've posted and see if I can use WW to help me out. I could never afford to join either, so it's great to have an alternative.

See ya later, ladies!!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello!!!

Spryng...thanks so much for the great link for activities what a wonderful site!! We did end up painting a bit and practicing our ABC's its great shes starting to talk so much better! Looks like I'll be eating sugarfree jello for a bit after my wisdoms are pulled I need to do a little bit of research and see what foods do and dont have carbs.

Cindi...WTG!!!! Congrats on your loss, keep it up your doing great!

Geri...Today I had scrambled eggs with cheese and ham in them it was great and filled me up I even have leftovers I can have for lunch...and dinner Im going to make a big pork roast and just have that..well not the whole thing lol

Take care everyone!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 02:59 PM   #11  
2BoysMom

Congrats Cindy!! That's terriffic!!!

Heading over to the chat. Hope to see someone there.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 04:16 PM   #12  
SAHM of 3

quick post to say I posted a picture of my three little angels at moms losing weight. I've only got the one in there, and my youngest daughter has blue eyes so hers ALWAYS come out red and I can't get it to come out, not sure why. But anyways, I'll add more in time.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 05:29 PM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Don't have time to post right now. Hunter started spring break today so they are running around

Will post tonight I PROMISE
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 06:05 PM   #14  

Unhappy

Hey all
Lots of posts today!
I haven't been on cause I haven't felt well. Dh and I got into an argument about money. I HATE fighting about money. Now I've got a killer tension headache. But the bright side is I haven't been stress eating. I'm probably below my limit right now. Lets hope it don't catch up with me tonight. For some reason I can eat healthy all day and after supper, my sweet tooth attacks with a vengeance.

Spryng-I hope TOM is on his way out. I love that website you posted. I downloaded some of the tools. But I can't find anything on how to calculate how many points I need. Since you seem to be the goto gal today, do you know where I could find that? And does everybody get 35 flexpoints no matter what they weigh? I know you said earlier that i would need 22 points, but i was hoping there was a site where i can find out how many points I would need at whatever weight. Without having to ask you. Or I guess if its not too long, you could post it. Thanks! We are probably driving you nuts.

Crystal-I hope your allergies are better. I take Zyrtec but last week I had to take Benadryl, too. It made me sleepy, but I couldn't take anymore.

Cindy-WTG!

Gonna go lay down
Talk to ya'll later
Old 04-08-2004, 07:43 PM   #15  

Question

Ok, quick question.
Spryng and whoever else might know.....
I could very well be doing this wrong, but lets say I get 22 points. I'm 160 lbs. So far today I figured I've had 19 pts using the pts calcuator I downloaded from the website you posted, Spryng. I've also counted the calories and I come up with the equivalent of 968 cals. Which means I have 3 pts left. Does this sound right? Seems awfully low.