South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 05:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day - Wednesday, April 7

Good morning! I'm dying for a coffee and an Advil but must resist.
(Did you know that I lost 8 pounds in the past two days? I guess that says something about me! Too bad it won't stay gone!)
Have a great day and see you later or tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:16 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies--

Dh had to be at work early today, so I get the computer all to myself. hee hee.
Tonight is walking night. Going to try for 3 miles again. Hubby's back was giving him trouble. (He got stupid and was picking up pinecones from the yard). I kept telling him that's the kind of chore you pay a child to do.

Ruth, good luck with your procedure today. I've never had a scope done, but I can't imagine it would be much fun. (((Hugs)))

Everyone have a great day. I'll try and check in after my shower.

Mamacita
Old 04-07-2004, 07:01 AM   #3  

Good morning all. Ruth, hope all goes well for you today. (Coffee & Advil....my morning routine) I'd miss 'em too!

Mamacita, your exercise routine puts me to shame. Three miles? Good on you.

I have to do some cleaning up around here today. If I don't stay on top of it, the job becomes monumental. And it's a downright gloomy morning. I'd rather retreat with a good book, but that's not gonna happen. Virtue is not always its own reward. Ha!

Have a good day, everyone. Jo
Old 04-07-2004, 07:32 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin' Chickies!

Ruth I'll skip coffee this mornin' so your not alone! Your in my prayers and I'm sure all will come out o.k.

Mamacita sharin the puter....don't ya just hate it sometimes! Always when I'm in the middle of sumin' here he comes needin' on! tee-hee

Goodluck with the cleaning Pennywise. I did laundry all day yesterday and will probably clean today. Hopefully shampoo the carpet tomorrow before we leave town. Wow I have big plans! tee-hee

To the rest of y'all have a great OP day and check ya later!
Old 04-07-2004, 07:35 AM   #5  
Southern Belle

Smile

Good Morning SBers!!!

Don't worry Ruth I am sipping and I am taking your advil for you. Boy, what a this morning. A lot of it is from lack of sleep since I may have got 5 hours sleep last night and I'm an 8 hour woman. Praying everything goes well for you today and that you're back home soon and back to "normal" Congratulations on the EIGHT lbs!!!
Wishing that most of that weight finds someone else to land on and it's a weight loss experience for you. That way it's not all bad.

Morning to the early risers:Pennywise and Mamacita~ THREE MILE WALKS, I know I'm impressed. Oh yeah, I do that but it just takes me THREE DAYS!

Hope Humpday is a GREAT one for everyone, even you Ruth~!!!!
Gotta hurry and hit the shower. Later Friends!! Don't let THIS happen to YOU!!!! BE STRONG!!!!
Old 04-07-2004, 07:41 AM   #6  
Southern Belle

Smile

Sorry Bamiegurl~ I posted the same time you did. If you have any extra time can you come here and help me?? Sounds like you are more productive than I have been lately. I have to s-l-o-w down and get to feeling better. Have a good one!!
Old 04-07-2004, 08:18 AM   #7  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Smile

Good morning all! Feeling good about getting up early and walking a mile and Mamacita goes and puts us all to shame! But good for you Mamacita! I'll be there soon.

Ruth - Best of luck today. Just think, along with dieting, your gardening and all the things you do, this is just another way you're taking care of yourself.

To all the cleaners - It's a never-ending job isn't it? I was leaving for work this morning absolutely disgusted with my house. Just not enough hours...

I hope you all have a fantastic day! I've got to get busy here at work so I can take off on Friday to go shopping with my 8 aunts. Now THAT is a road trip... a very loud road trip! I'm excited to be buying a size smaller for myself this year! Thanks to SBD and all your support.

Take care.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:20 AM   #8  

morning all!!

good luck to you today ruth!! i hope the test goes well and the results are good.

not much going on here today it is bowling night for me tonight a.k.a. carbohydrate ****. i will be strong!!! i will be strong!!!

i had yet another mini melt down yesterday, i get so disgusted with the scale i can scream sometimes (well i did scream yesterday) i ate real live white bread on a sandwich last night for dinner in protest...........you know what i lost 2 lbs as of this morning. go figure!!! someone up there telling me to hang in there i guess.

sunny and warmer here today one last nice day and then we are supposed to get 5 days of rain or possibly snow who knows anymore?? last i heard was a chance of flurries on easter, yucko!!! i have a stupid annoying cold that i wish would go away. hmmmm i'm not real positive today am i?? oh well maybe coffee will help have a great day everyone.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:58 AM   #9  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Mornin' Everybody!
Trying to sell this house is getting the best of me!
We had our first offer last night. Our realtor came by to present it.....realy a "low ball" one , so we countered and we'll se how things come out by this evening. I am so tired of continuously picking things up and making it look like nobody lives here!!! And we've only had it on the market for 3 weeks.
Ruth, I am thinking of you today as you have your prodedure done. I am having the same thing on the 19th of this month. Not looking forward to it! The weight loss was great, though!! I will look forward to that!

Well, I am off to the gym to get in a little exercise before they call to show the place again.....and we have to skeedadle out of here!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Hugs to you all!!!
Deets
Old 04-07-2004, 09:16 AM   #10  
Reeling Reverend

Deets- It's so hard to believe that your house has been on the market for 3 weeks. Here, a house is sold the same day as it goes on. No kidding. Real estate here is REDICULOUS! Have you heard the old thing about burying (sp) St. Joseph upside down in the back yard? There's some sort of superstition thing about that when selling a house...

Ruth- GOOD LUCK! We're all thinking about you~

I have to get going on my work... My boss informed me that I just shouldn't come in on Friday since it's Good Friday. I'm not going to argue!! I'll take the Christian holiday!!

Lost 4 pounds since the 1st. I have NO CLUE how that's possible since I made Jorge's Easter basket and basically did a 1:1 ratio of chocolate to basket, chocolate to me! I'll take it, though! I have been very active, and I think that's key. Been drinking a ton of water, and since Jorge is out of town and I can't sleep, I've been moving non stop.

Have a GREAT day! I am needing some coffee... I could count lifting my eyelids up and down as my work out today!
Old 04-07-2004, 10:17 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies I guess I am just squeaking in before noon... The sun is shinning here thank goodness it has been snowing for the last 2 days. Yeah we can go to the playground again today.... and enjoy it. Ruthie my thoughts and prayers are with you hope all goes well. I have managed to do what little bit of housework done that I am doing. I am very tired I hate the time change it really does me in for about a week. I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me catch the Easter bunny and force him to give out carrots this year. That dam thing is going to come here and hide all those little chocolate eggs all over the house and I know he is going to put them right where I can find them he must be a MAN no woman rabbit would ever do that. Well girls hope you all have a great day. Must go get lunch ready for the wee ones.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:27 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick check-in. The procedure went fine - it's the prep that is the killer. This time I had good drugs so didn't watch the "video". The doc could not check out the whole track as there was some narrowing at one place. I'm now scheduled for a barium enema. Oh joy!

Aside from that, I lost 5 pounds (which will return) and have spent a lovely afternoon with a nap, a bath and a PB&J sandwich on brown bread. Gotta get the weight back!
Old 04-07-2004, 03:36 PM   #13  

Hello chicks!

First of all Ruth, I am glad to hear that everything went well. Relax today! You deserve it!

I have been trying out lots of new recipes this week. It is so helpful because it keeps me from eating the same thing over and over again and getting bored. I think that's why I wasn't too successful during my first go-around.

I am a little worried about Easter this weekend, but not too much. My parents are both doing SB but the rest of my family are not and they will be there as well. My mom and I are planning on having plenty of yummy things that we CAN eat, and only a few of those "bad" foods for the others so that we aren't as tempted to go for them. I think as long as I go into it with a plan of action I should be okay.

Well, I am still working on cleaning the spare room. We still have wedding presents stored in there since August. I don't know what to do with some of them because frankly some of them we don't like and/or will never use! I told DH we need to have a garage sale for all the stuff that I have been cleaning out of the house during my cleaning rampage. It would be nice to have a few extra bucks.

I hope everyone has a terrific day.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:07 PM   #14  
Southern Belle

Ruth,

Glad to hear everything went well!!! Barium Enema, huh? Well, we'll talk about that one later. Relax and get your strength back. Glad to hear from you and that everything went ok.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:41 PM   #15  
A Lily from my yard!

Ruth glad to hear all went well. Had that other as well. I hope you have better luck than I did. Seems I have a verrryyy slow digestive track so it took forever. The tech said he had never seen anyone like me before. I told him he wasn't the first to tell me that! haha

Thanks for the invite sunshine I would love to come to Texas even if it was just to clean! tee-hee Well I did change planes there goin to Vegas and back. haha I hope your up to par soon!

Have a great rest of the day chickies.
Closed Thread