South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 01:30 PM   #1  

Smile 2nd Day on the Beach

Hello all. Today is my second day on the beach. Really worried about not sticking to it. Anyone else new to the beach?
Old 04-05-2004, 02:43 PM   #2  

I've been on for a week now and so far I haven't cheated (except for a feew extra nuts here and there). How was your first day?
Old 04-05-2004, 03:00 PM   #3  
it's the getting up

today is my first day, and so far I'm doing ok. alittle worried to about sticking with it as well- definately having cravings which are testing my will power! but we can do this, and if your like me... I need to do this for my health!
Old 04-05-2004, 03:42 PM   #4  

Today and yesterday haven't been to bad. Not really having any cravings. I'm usually pretty good in the beginning. Wendyjo have you seen any results in your first week?
Old 04-05-2004, 03:42 PM   #5  

You will have bad cravings for the first few days but by the end of the second week you will have disappeared. I have been on SBD for about 2 months and have no interest in bread, rice, potatoes, pasta etc. The fruit urge took awhile to go and the chocolate urge is still there (probably because I give in from time to time). No desire to eat baked goods though, which is good.

Hang in there! You are doing great!
Old 04-05-2004, 06:27 PM   #6  

I've been on the diet for a month and I think the best part of the diet is that is really does get rid of the cravings that seemed to control me before! I also like the fact that Dr. Agaston realizes that we do have weak moments, or days, and we do cheat. That happens to all of us, but when it does happens, we jump right back into phase 1. On the other diets I've been on, I felt horribly guilty when I ate something that I wasn't supposed to. Dr. Agaston lets me feel....... human. He writes about putting weight on over Christmas and vacation. It's nice to know he admits to being one of us.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:22 PM   #7  

One thing I really like about this diet (I've been on it for three weeks to the day) is that when you do cheat, it's easier than pie to jump right back on the diet. I don't know why that is, maybe because phase one is so clear cut. On weight watchers, it was always, well, maybe another little cookie. Well, maybe another bag of popcorn. Well, maybe today is my flex points day....you get the idea. On this plan...you cut the carbs to get the pounds off. Period. And boy, does it work....maybe it slows down later, but it still works!!!

Hang in there!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:32 PM   #8  
Chickpea

Well, I will be finishing 2 weeks of Phase I at the end of this Wed., and I can't believe how fast the time flew! My only craving was last night when I had more Cool Whip with the fudge or brownie recipe dish that was posted here. But at least the ingredients were OP. Sometimes I will have a few extra nuts. Today I bought a big bag of pecan halves as a change from almonds. I feel good in that I can go somewhere and look at huge gobs of cakes, etc., and not feel like I need some of that. For me, I think my portions could be smaller, but I would rather eat more and stay on track, and then later cut back on portions. It's definitely a healthy way of eating. Good luck, everyone!
Old 04-05-2004, 11:10 PM   #9  
it's the getting up

Ok, cravings are really starting to kick in and I've had a headache and my mind is a little fuzzy. I am sooo thirsty and I have been practically drowning myself with all of the water I am drinking. Tonight while I was making lunches for tomorrow I noticed how often I used to take a nibble here and there, or lick the extra stuff (usually pb&j) off the knife before throwing it in the sink. This is totally making me stop and think, more thinking about what I can't have right now since those are the things I am craving. But I keep stopping myself, because I can't wait to see where I am at after 2 weeks.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:49 AM   #10  

Last night I made the tomato and onion recipe from the book. I added shrimp to it in an effort to turn it into the main course vs. a side dish. Well, everything was all good until about 9 o'clock at night. STARVING!!!! Then I was watching TV and this woman had a bucket of movie pop corn. Yummy. Oh well, I just turned over and went to sleep. I'm going for my quiche cups right now. Which by the way have waaaay to much spinach in them. I hate spinach. I'll know not to add to much next time.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:06 PM   #11  

Man, I agree about the quiche cups...........yuck!

My boss made a cake today for his boss and brought it in to work, and it's sitting on the kitchette counter. I took one look at it and threw a bunch of paper towels over it so I couldn't see it anymore. I don't think my craving for cake, cookies, etc. will ever go away.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:49 PM   #12  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

I'm just starting my second week of SBD. I have committed to only weighing in once a week (on Sundays). I just had my first weigh in and I lost 7 pounds. What was more impressive was that I lost a 1/2 inch to an inch and a half all over! I stuck with the diet very well using my own recipes - I don't know who can stick to the mealplans in the book - yuck! My only cheat was 1/2 a beer on Saturday at a party. Point is - stick it out - you will see results!

I really enjoy the quiche cups but for those of you who hate spinach, you may want to try replacing it with chopped broccolli. I don't see the harm in it and it shouldn't make much difference in the recipe. Another thing is to have things on hand. It's easy for me to go over the appropriate number for nuts so as soon as I get home from the store I separate the nuts into different baggies. That way, when I snack I don't have too many and I still get the satisfaction of eating the WHOLE BAG!
Old 04-06-2004, 06:38 PM   #13  

Thanks for the brocolli tip Imarah. I love brocolli but spinach? I don't know how popeye did it.

I think I'm going to stop at the store on the way home and get some nuts. I think I read you can have 30 pistacios because they're so small. Maybe then I can live the popcorn in the cabinet. OH yeah I caved today and had a caramel hershey kiss.

Does anyone know if there may be a certain type of nut we can't have? Like pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
Closed Thread