Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 12:35 PM   #1  

Talking

Hi all! Here is where we are posting our Memorial Day goals and our progress towards them!

Congrats to all of the losers!

I have not done very well, but refuse to give up and will continue working towards my goal. Thanks for all of the support!

Life is a series of choices, let's make some good ones!

Rabbit
Old 05-11-2001, 05:36 PM   #2  

Default Hi!

Hi everybody! Long time no see! I've been having computer problems lately so if this goes through I'll be really happy!
As far as my progress, Well, right after Easter I got sick but did well with my eating for the first couple days. Then I just totally lost it and started eating everything that wasn't nailed down. I'm a total comfort eater. Anyways, ended up skiping a meeting cause I was scared to see a gain. Finally a few days later I went to a meeting weighed in and had a 5lb. gain! Well that meeting helped me stop binging and I was only up 1 lb. a week and a half later. My next weigh in is tomorrow and I'm actually looking forword to it cause I've been pretty good this week. I'll post again soon , hopefully if my computer stops freezing up. I'm surprised it hasn't yet! Take care, God bless and stay strong! freesha
Old 05-12-2001, 09:56 AM   #3  

Freesha - good luck at your weigh in. Sounds like you did great turning yourself around.

Rabbit
Old 05-14-2001, 09:30 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

OK, here's the new results...kind of depressing that I haven't made any progress since April 23rd...that's 3 wks. of messing around...have to get serious now!! I only have 2 wks. to reach me goal and lose 5.5 lbs.! I do not expect to make it, that's kind of grasping, but I do need to keep on track!

Starting Weight 4/16: 241.0
APR 23rd weigh in: 240.5
APR 27th weigh in: 244.5
MAY 7th weigh in: 241.5
MAY 14th weigh in: 240.5
Memorial Day Goal: 235.0
Ultimate Goal: 170.0

Good luck to everyone this week!!
Old 05-14-2001, 12:49 PM   #5  
Pink Thingy

Default Need to vent....

Tomorrow is my weigh in and I can feel it in my waters that it is not gonna be a good one . But you know what? I have no one to blame but myself. I have made some very bad choices, I have had the longest TOTM ever - 18 days and counting (and I know this is way too much info - but you really need to understand what I am going thru') - and this has just dragged me down. I know that meeting my MD goal is not gonna happen, but I too like Rabbit am gonna keep slogging away at it. I contemplated giving up WW, but only for a second. I didn't gain the weight over night and therefore I can't expect to lose it over night.

So tomorrow - I am gonna weigh in and face the consequences and then get back on board like a woman possessed

Take care everyone
Old 05-14-2001, 01:57 PM   #6  
LBH

BFB- Hang in there girl!! About the TOM (Aunt Flo as we affectionately call her!), is that normal for you? Have you asked you Dr. about it? Before I went on the pill, I was always irregular and when she did come, it was for a week or so, and I bled like a pig! Thank God for the pill!! I don't know that could help you, but it may be something to look into!! In the meantime, get back on track, don't think about quitting, and just do it!! You'll get through WI, and get rejuvenated!!
Old 05-14-2001, 02:28 PM   #7  
Pink Thingy

Thanks LBH for the encouragement (that's why I love this site!)

Aunt Flo normally visits for 3/4 days, but I missed a couple of pills and it has messed up the system. The Doctor advised to continue onto my next pack without a break, but if I get anaemic I should stop by for some additional medication. I just have had back ache and cramps for ever and am taking comfort in food, which is totally the wrong thing to do, but I am an gonna hang in there!

By the way LBH - do you post your food logs to keep yourself accountable? Just curious - with what I ate these past two weeks, just reading it would make everyone else gain
Old 05-14-2001, 03:44 PM   #8  
LBH

BFB- Yes, I post my food for accountability, as well as out of laziness!! I'd rather type it in than write it down!! LOLOL!! For some reason, I just can't come here and lie about what I ate!! If I get into the darn donuts...that brand I can't mention because they get me into trouble...I have to post it! It doesn't always help keep me on track, but sometimes when I look back at it, I'm like, DUH, what are you thinking...crackhead?!?!

Oh, OK, I screwed myself all up over my honeymoon in March! I was due to get Aunt Flo the day we came back, so I decided to just take the pills for two straight months...to give DH a little break before he had to get all stressed out over that! But I screwed myself all up and was spotting for like 3 wks!! I was not happy...Aunt Flo is here now and making me miserable...payback I guess!

At least the PMS is gone and next week I expect to be out of the 240's!! I will keep thinking about that!!
Old 05-14-2001, 06:08 PM   #9  

Hi all. I overdid it yesterday, but have done well otherwise. Gotta keep working towards my goal!

BFB - you're so right about it taking time to lose! I've been at this for awhile now, have lost 60, but would really like to lose 20 more that I keep hanging on to. I remind myself how long it took me to get to that point so this is going to take time too. Good luck at getting back on board - you can do it!!!

LBH - you are so good about doing that journal and counting everything! It's hard sometimes to be honest (for me anyway!).

Rabbit
Old 05-14-2001, 09:15 PM   #10  

Default Hi!

Hi everyone! Saturday I weighed in and was down 1.4 lbs. So now I'm 1 and 1/2 lbs. away from my 10% AGAIN. This is the second time in the last few weeks.
I hope I can get there and keep going this time.
Today I'm having a hard time getting back on track after Mothers day. I've been snacking all day. But I'm trying to keep it to low pt. stuff. I'm hoping for more self control tomorrow.

BFB - I can totally relate. TOTM is terrible for me too! Back ache, cramps, comfort eating, the works. I hope your feeling better really soon.
Best of luck on starting fresh. And 2 pats on the back for not skipping a meeting. That takes alot of guts when you think you might have a gain.

Rabbit - it sounds like you still have a possitive attitude which is what counts. That attitude will make you stronger and pull you through! I admire that in you.

LBH - Congrats on your loss! Your back down to 240 again! That sounds like progress to me! It takes work to lose weight and your doing it!

TechAlum - Whooooohooo! 3.6 lbs. Congratulations!

jhawk - Way to go on your 1.6 loss!!! Keep up the good work!

I hope everyone has a good week.
Take care and stay strong! freesha
Old 05-15-2001, 10:09 AM   #11  
Pink Thingy

Default Nothing like setting a challenge...

I have made absolutely no progress, I have had two half pound gains, two weeks of staying the same, so here goes:

SW - 202.5lbs
GSW- 188.5lbs
CW - 188.5lbs
MD - 182lbs
Goal - much, much lighter

So I guess it is 6.5lbs in 2 weeks - nothing like a challenge (does cutting off a limb count as weight loss?)

I gained another half a pound this week, but in the light of everything else that was going on, I am relatively pleased. I know I am not gonna meet my MD goal - in fact I am right back to where I started, but I have recommitted myself to WW and I am gonna try really hard - it would be so easy to quit, but that ain't gonna happen

Good luck to everyone else, and for those who are struggling - hang on in there - we will get there in the end

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 05-16-2001 at 02:32 AM.
Old 05-15-2001, 03:27 PM   #12  

HI all. Tonight I start my new yoga class - I'm so excited.

Freesha - you go girl!! You are doing so great. Thanks for the supportive words.

BFB - Yeah for recommitment! And good luck. We will get there.

Rabbit
Old 05-16-2001, 05:57 PM   #13  

Well, where are you all??

I enjoyed the yoga class and am glad I signed up for it. DH is going to go also but was out of town for the first one.

Tomorrow night is weigh in for me. Hope I have a loss!

Rabbit
Old 05-17-2001, 11:51 AM   #14  

Default I'm here!

Hi everyone!
Yesterday and the day before I did ok with my points but was stuffing myself at lunch time to the point of discomfort. So yesterday I went to an extra weight watchers meeting and it really seemed to help turn my thinking around. Sometimes when I give in to head hunger and end up in a binge I get depressed a feel like quiting weight watchers. Like maybe I can give in to the binges to get it out of my system and start fresh later on my own. But everytime I've done that in the past it just leads to weight gain and more depression. So from now on when I'm starting to feel weak and out of control I'm going to go to as many meetings a week that I think I need to keep myself inline.
So today I'm feeling good and looking forward to my regular Saturday meeting.
Just thought I'd share. I hope everyone is doing well this week and wish you the best of luck. Take care and stay strong! freesha
Old 05-17-2001, 02:36 PM   #15  

Hi gang.

Life is crazy busy right now, so I haven't been keeping up with everyone. Sorry...bear with me. So, congrats to the losers and to those who are struggling along like I am...hang in there.

I gained .8 this week. Half of what I lost last week. Geesh. I just CANNOT get my head in this game. In the bright side, I am pretty much maintaining, but since I'm still 30 lbs. overweight there is not much consolation in that. I just need to find a way to get really serious about this...I will never lose this until I figure out how to do that. Any and all advice welcomed...

Gotta run. Take care, all.
jhawk
Closed Thread