Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 02:41 AM   #1  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Smile Team Shorty....5'3" & under chicks

Hi everyone! I've noticed that there are quite a few vertically challenged women on here wanting to lose weight. We all know that any amount of weight we put on shows but also whatever pounds we take off will (hopefully) show instantly as well.

I thought we could all meet on this thread once in awhile to check in, share any new tips, what plan/exercise is working/not working, encourage and support eachother when/if we are down and celebrate one anothers successes.

A little about me: My name is Stephanie, I am 24 years old, 5'1" (well probably more like 5'0.5" but lets round up, lol). I am 153 lbs (goal 115lbs) and am currently trying to have a more balanced intake of food. I am trying to cut my portion sizes since that is my #1 problem. I decided to track my food by using the WW flex point system. I have only been on this for about a week now with no loss, and a cheat here and there but I feel better none the less. I have had a weight problem for almost half my life. And even when I was a thin child, I thought I was fat. Complexes.....

I want to be healthy and fit and toned. So maybe we can all do this together. Please introduce yourselves and come back soon!!
Old 04-03-2004, 02:46 AM   #2  
jojo83

Smile hiya everyone

Hi everyone

my name is jo and im 2o years old and 5 foot and a half. (you cant forget the half ) Im glad that you started this thread stephanie!

well i weight 145 pounds(65 kilos) an am aiming to get down to 119pounds(54 kilos). I too have done weightwatchers ( about 4 times and always seem to give up after loosing about 11 pounds ) and i find that i tend to lose weight well when i count calories(1200) but my problem is maintaning loosing weight and watching what i eat.

well ive decide that i really need to do something about it once and for all and maintain it. well hope to talk to my fellow shorties soon

see ya

luv jo
Old 04-03-2004, 06:33 AM   #3  
Hittin' the Beach

Hi jojo! Welcome to the shortie club! I think I might be your exact height.....I round up to 5'1" haha

I have to find something to stick with as well. I was counting calories for awhile and might go back to that but for now I am sticking with the points. Although I did realize i was eating under 1200 cals on the days that I followed the points closely. Not good, I don't want my body to go into starvation mode, but WW has worked for tons of people so I think I will put my trust in it for now. I really need to do something about it too because I am getting older and I know pretty soon, weight will start becomming easier to put on. I want to stop that before it starts.

I did well this week, like I said a few slips but I weighed myself this morning and I was down 2 lbs to 151. However, I pigged out on poutine tonight so maybe that weight will be back completely tomorrow, I hope not *crosses fingers* I hate the long night shift. I ALWAYS end up eating.

Come back soon Jo and let me know how you are doing! Bye
Old 04-05-2004, 10:15 AM   #4  
Changing the things I can

Red face "Happy" Monday!

Good morning girls...
I round up too.... I was always 4'11 1/2", but said 5' --- But you know, I htink I may have grown, according to my friends' heights & what they say I seem like. I need to measure!

Okay, I got a new scale this weekend, digital. Found out that my other one was weighing 2 pounds shy. So, I gained 2 pounds this weekend! I hate that! I think I really have lost .5 pounds is all. If I weighed 122 on the old scale, and I weigh 123.5 on the new one, that would mean I would weigh 121.5 on the old, so a half pound....

I think I may be in starvatoin mode, as I have been eating healthy for 3 weeks and not losing. And, of course, I'm not exercising either. And, I have had a few slip ups, but nothing major in the last week. I even went out & ate Mexican food, but ate very conservatively, no sauces, etc... Oh well....

Wish I could stretch my torso about 3 inches.... Well, that's if I had one....

Steph - BTW, Yep, our initials & names are the same, but I spell mine with an 'f' --- too cool

Checking in on the EAster Challenge Board. Of course, I can't make my weight goal... 3 pounds in 6 days... Hey, that WOULD be nice though! And, I gotta start walking girls.... How can I get motivated???

Later!
Stef
Old 04-05-2004, 07:57 PM   #5  
Hittin' the Beach

Stef, my mother wanted to spell my name with an f but my father ended up putting ph on the birth certificate, so here I am now spelling it with a ph.

I know what you mean about needing motivation to exercise, I need it too. I'm having a hard enough time sticking to my meal plan, I think if I added exercise, it may help. I think I gained my two pounds back. I hear ya about starvation mode, you would think any change in eating would bring about weightloss but it ain't comin! We HAVE to be patient though, we didn't put our weight on in a few weeks right?!

I have been thinking about doing pilates, and thought since it gives you "long lean muscle" it might make me grow a few inches, lol. I also am trying to get walk away the pounds at the library to see if I like it. You can do it inside, not sure how I will like that but I heard it was good.

Keep up what you are doing, you did lose .5 that is something! So what do you usually eat in a day? Maybe we can compare and see what works and stuff, I will be back with my meal plan but right now I have to go cook supper! Take care shorties

Steph
Old 04-05-2004, 09:57 PM   #6  
Firefly

Default Hi!

Hello everybody! My name is Cindy and I am five foot (well, almost! Like everybody else, I'll just round up). I am 140 and am aiming for 115. I hear all of you about the starvation mode - I do that too and then wonder why I don't lose! I'm trying to eat more frequently and limit the "bad" carbs! I also would like to exercise more. I joined a gym and was so good about going until January. I don't know what happened! I do know summer is around the corner and I don't want to die in baggy t-shirts all summer again!
Ozziesgirl (Stepahnie) - thanks for starting the thread! Great idea! Hey, I know my SIL was on WW (lost 80 pounds) and drunk a ton of water to help boost weight loss... Just an idea!
Hi Jo - Welcome! I've also tried WW twice before and got frustrated because I didn't lose much weight.
Hi Stef- Yikes about the scale situation! You did lose .5 which is fine. Keep at it!

What's everybody planning for diet and exercise tomorrow?
Talk to you soon!
Cindy
Old 04-06-2004, 10:38 AM   #7  
Changing the things I can

Wink Another half pound!!!

Good morning everyone,
I'm so glad y'all are here!! I weighed a half pound less today! I can't believe I was excited about that! And, I even ate oreos yesterday evening.... but I ate them early! I was starving when I got home, so I had the chicken breast wrap & a whole zucchini! then I wanted sweet, so I put those oreos out of their misery! But, you know, that was at 6:00 and I didn't want anything for the rest of the night! And, usually, I'm on the prowl......

So..... I still haven't started the exercise thing... Drats. I keep SAYING I will... and I'm so unhappy with my body right now.... So, basically, I'm unhappy, I know the way to stop it, but I'm not willing... or maybe not able right now. I've really figured out that the FULL BELLY FEELING has become an addiction! I feel better when I"m full. I'm using food to change the way I feel. I know this. How do I stop?

Sorry for the ramble/rant. I am thankful for the half ound, making me down ONE WHOLE POUND and grateful to be mostly OP for food and water. It's progress not perfection....

Steph -- You're right. My body did not get this way in a few weeks.... And, when I'm REALLY READY... entirely ready, we;ll get on the exercise bandwagon.....

Everybody have a great day... Oh, here's my food for the work day & maybe supper:
BREAKFAST:
- 2 c. dry cheerios w/dried fruit (really good)
LUNCH:
- Turkey wrap with mustard only (8" WW tortilla)
1 srv. baked lays
SNACKS:
- 1/3 grilled chicken breast
- Smallish Fuji Apple
- Fruit cup if I need it
DINNER:
- Grilled 1/4 lb. LEAN burger (George Foreman grill), 85% lean chuck, no bread
- Steamed Broccoli & maybe carrots
-Sliced Peaches w/ Splenda (I know it's bad for me)

Sooo... If I threw in some EXERCISE....
Anyway, what's everyobdy else eating today? You know, I'm trying not to obsess about the food thing, and I"ve stopped writing it all down.... Just pick things good for me & go with it.

Hugs to All My Shorties!!!!!!!
Stefanie
ps. I smoke too, btw...
Old 04-06-2004, 12:42 PM   #8  
Legend in my own mind

I am 5' tall and weigh 165. I have lost 5" in the waist sence October so I think I'm doing good, and my scale was broken for a long time, but I figured I was closser to 150 lbs. I did finally get a new scale, it was a shock that I was 165. I wish I was 115 lbs but I rather just work on the weight and be happy every time I see any improvement.
that is how I stay happy with myself, I don't like to beat myself up for not being 115, I just want to be proud of myself every day. This is the key to be able to stay on target, having a good attatude, and high self esteem, gives me the encouragement to succeed, that and with the help of my weight loss buddy has really helped me.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:34 PM   #9  
Hittin' the Beach

Way to go everyone, you seem to be doing great. SCS: Your meal for the day sounded yummy. Congrats on the 1/2 again, keep it up!!
Partytime: you are right, we need to love ourselves and have the right attitude, the rest will come. And you are doing GREAT by the way, don't think otherwise!

Well girls, I have been pretty sick with a bad cold so I have hardly been eating and what I do eat, it isn't the greatest. A fruit cup and some banana bread today I need to get back on plan ASAP.

Keep up the great work everyone, and I hope the rest of your week is OP and awesome!!

Last edited by ozziesgirl; 04-08-2004 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:29 AM   #10  
Hittin' the Beach

Well I am thinking of doing the body for life and eating for life plan. I have to look more into it but I printed off some recipes that look really yummy and you get to eat six times a day so it can't be all that bad. We'll see how it goes. I have the books on hold at the library so hopefully they will be in soon. If anyone has any tips about it, let me know

I was sick last week so my "diet" didn't go too well. I have been doing decent with portion sizes lately which frankly is my biggest problem. So I don't feel too badly about that. Eating more soups which contain a lot of salt but are still better than a lot of the other stuff I used to eat. I have had some junk food this week with it being easter and working looong hours at work (night shift at that) No excuse but it happened. No loss for this week.

I don't think this thread is taking off as much as I thought/hoped it would. That's ok. I still really love the site, although I haven't been able to post in a few days. Hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan! Bye
Old 05-04-2004, 04:02 PM   #11  

Hey all - woo hoo! A thread for girls like me! Which is great because sometimes I really feel bitter that even though I know I can eat the same (if not more) as a person 6 feet tall, I have to content myself with way less than all my friends because I'm only 5'1". How is that fair??

Anyways yes..I'm 5'1" and depending on whether we're talking about my first-thing-in-the-morning-naked-after-peeing weight or my 6pm-at-the-gym-wearing-(minimal)-workout-clothing weight, I'm either 121 or 126, respectively. In the last 2 1/2 years I've lost about 30 pounds and believe me, it has come off SLOWLY. In the first year I lost about 20 pounds, and then the remaining 10 have come off in the second year and a half. It seems to get harder and harder. Beginning two years ago I started to exercise a lot, which made a big difference in my lifestyle, and I still exercise up to 5 times a week. I've found that for me, though, if my eating isn't good, all the exercise in the world won't make the difference. In that two years, my weight has gone up and down a bit too. I gained about 5 pounds after meeting my boyfriend in Sept. 02 (ate more than when I was single) and took that 5 pounds plus another 5 off last fall of 2003. I haven't lost a single pounds since about November, and have been battling the up-and-down ever since - I gained over Christmas and then during a vacation in April - so I've only recently gotten back to 121/125. My lowest was about 119/124.5.

I joined the Memorial Day Challenge because dammit, I still have 10 pounds to take off, and I hope to finally buckle down (I can never buckle down for more than a few days at a time) and lose 5 pounds in the month of May. I find the view of me from the front is pretty good, but I absolutely HATE my side profile - I look pregnant. I would like to be able to wear a bikini for the first time in my life this summer, but that would mean getting rid of the pregnant belly, arranging it so my thighs aren't squished together when I'm standing (and jiggling when I walk) and minimizing the flab under my arms. Sigh. This has really turned into quite the exploration of me.

Anyway, happy for this threat - I've been journaling on this site since Sept. 03 and it helped me take off that 10 pounds, now I'm struggling with the well-known 'last 10'.
Closed Thread