Old 04-05-2004, 02:12 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Week-at-a time!!

Ok ladies---

I'm going to bring this thread back up. I works for me and I thought maybe it would work for you too....(I can't remember if it did or if it was too lenient....let me know)

This involves another challenge...and this was also borrowed from the support forum and was abondoned. So I had brought this here to see if any of you would like to try it. (again)

What does it involve? Well let me tell ya.....

Each week you choose something that you really have a hard time doing and you do it for the week. BUT--the difference between this and the 21 day challenge is:....you DON'T have to do this every day of the week! Say for instance.....you really want to cut down on sugar...but you know you can't last for the full 21 days (as in the 21 day challenge) but you know you can at least work it in some of the days in a week. You can choose how many days such as 3 or 4 or 5.....(but no less than 3 please) and then commit yourself to it. AND....it doesn't have to be all in a row either! You may decide to not eat sugar for 4 days. So on Monday you have no sugar, but on Tuesday you can have some, on Wednesday none, then Thurdsday...(you get the idea) As long as you complete the amount of days you committed yourself to.

This starts on a Monday: TOMORROW. So if you have an idea, jump on in.
And......if you prefer this over the 21 days let me know or vise versa....we can work with just one challenge. (don't want to put to much pressure on us!)

So....what do you say?
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:13 AM   #2  

For my first week I'm going to do....

4 days of 100-150 crunches
Old 04-05-2004, 09:25 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Great thread, Marti!

I have been slacking off on drinking water, so I'll challenge myself to no less than 4 days of drinking 64 oz or more of water. The thing is, I LIKE water, but just don't think to chug it down.

For the record, about the other challenge, I have got my vitamin C in Everyday!! It is a lot easier now that I know more foods that have it. I just wasn't very good at going to the thread. I'll try to do better here!

Okay ladies, what will you do to improve your health for at least 3 days each week???

Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:44 PM   #4  
self portrait

I think I am going to do this challenge. The 21 day challenge put too much pressure on me. I felt like a failure if I accidently missed a day and had to start over. So, I think I can do this one and feel like I accomplished something. I am just going to have to post what I want to do on my fridge or something in case I forget or something. Ok, I think I will drink 2 quarts or more of water 5 days a week , do my workout videos twice a week and do 100 crunches three times a week. That sounds fine for me. Let's see how it actually goes now in real life and not just in my head. hee hee
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:29 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I am still going to do both challenges because I need the 21 day challenge for the water drinking and the vitamins that I NEED to do EVERYDAY. This one is good for the exercise because I don't want to do it everyday but 3-5 days. So that is what my challenge for this week is-to walk/exercise no less than 3 days this week.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:12 PM   #6  
RAR

I think this challange is better for me as I did great for the first 4 days then blew it so maybe between doing some kind of exercisefor 3 days a week I can get some more drinking of water so I am in did walk for 30 minutes so have 2 more days of exercise this week and it is only monday!!!!!!!!!!! Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:16 AM   #7  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Ok I will be like Cristi,,,drink my water
And Im going to go and buy some protein powder for a shake meal.
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:45 AM   #8  

Can you believe it?? I start this thread and didn't even start my crunches!! For shame I know......

But....I still have 6 out of the 7 days available to get my four days in.

Sheesh.....first thing in the morning!
Old 04-06-2004, 10:53 PM   #9  

First Day completed. Now I remember why I don't like doing doing crunches!!!

3 out of 4 to go!!

Last edited by M.N.J.; 04-07-2004 at 01:51 AM.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:10 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Still haven't gotten a walk in but I definitely AM going for a walk this evening after dinner, aiming for 2 miles. May just go by time as I haven't drove the routes yet. Will post later the time or miles.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:53 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

I've got the water in 2 days in a row.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 12:58 AM   #12  

Hmmmm.....there must be something wrong with me.....It's Thursday already and I have no motivation to even do 4 days of crunches!! I've done one so far. And now I'm getting ready for bed.

I REALLY need to find my groove.....maybe I will go to Jana's post and post what I did in the past to lose almost 40lbs. and then try and analyze why I can't get going and do it again! (although I don't want to lose 40lbs.)

Don't you think it's time for some "therapy"......

I still have three days left of this week....I should be able to do three days of crunches.