Old 04-05-2004, 11:57 AM   #1  

Default Craving Mexican food? (Phase 2)

1. Cook 1 low carb whole wheat tortilla in 1/2" of canola oil. Drain and pat dry on paper towels. (I used Mission brand).

2. Heat fat free refried beans in microwave (I used Rosarita fat free Zesty Salsa).

3. Spread beans on tortilla, add poached egg (optional), low fat shredded cheese and pico de gallo style salsa.

Enjoy!
SoCalBirdLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:44 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Yum! Cozy food! Thanks, Chris.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:43 PM   #3  
Chickpea

That sounds really good! I was just wondering about Mex. food. So will try that when I get into Phase II. Thanks!
Chickpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:52 PM   #4  

i do the tortilla thing and add the fat free beans low-fat cheddar, lettuce tomato, and what ever veggie you want and eat some sauteed peppers along side and it is a filling meal
melissaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:51 AM   #5  

Default Mexican Pizza/Quesadilla

My family loves it when we take a tortilla, toast it in the oven on both sides for a short time, add Ragu Pizza sauce, 2% Mozzarella, and toppings. DH and DS love it with pepperoni and Canadian Bacon but I use Canadian Bacon, mushrooms, and onions. The sauce is very low in sugar. Does this sound like something I can eat once I reach Phase 2 (assuming I switch to WW tortillas)?

I also love to put Shrimp, onions, zucchini, mushrooms and LF Cheese in a tortilla, fold it in half and grill it in the George Foreman like a quesadilla.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote