South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 07:14 AM   #1  

Post Monday Chat....Is anybody there?

I guess I'll start the thread today, although I'm suprised to see no one else has. We have 3 in. of snow outside and 22 degrees. Apr. 5th, indeed!!

It's trash pick-up day, and I cleaned out the refrigerator of nasties. I hate that job. I should just toss 'em immediately; don't know why I don't.

We live about 20 miles from any town of any size, and I need to get out to pick up some meds and find a white chocolate rabbit for grandson's basket.
Also have to get to Walmart to find some pack of cards he wants. And the roads look miserable. Oh, well. It should thaw in a while.

How is it in your neck of the woods? Jo
Old 04-05-2004, 07:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Jo! (and all you other sleepyheads)

There's no snow on the ground, thank goodness, but it's 27 degrees! My primroses look fine, but the pansies in the mailbox planter look all droopy. Maybe they'll perk up as it warms up. I hope!
Well, I stepped on the scale this AM and I LOST 5 LBS since April 1!!!!! I couldn't believe it, and weighed myself 4 times to make sure I wasn't dreaming, but the scale kept registering the same thing, so it must be true! I'm so excited and hyped-up that I can hardly stand it! How did I do it? I don't know, except that I've really stuck OP, and have been drinking gallons and gallons of water. What a good start for the 8 lb. April Challenge! (I wish I could figure out how to insert the smilies, cos they'd be all over the place!)
Well DH is out of the shower and wants breakfast so we can get started with our big painting project so I have to go for now. Sorry if I seemed to be bragging, but I'm so excited that I had to share it.
Bye for now- - -
Old 04-05-2004, 07:55 AM   #3  
Southern Belle

Smile

Good Morning SBers!!!!

Hope this finds EVERYONE feeling better and adjusted to our new time change. Personally it's gonna take in the mornings either way. I love my coffee! I am limiting myself to 2 cups/day.

Thanks so much for all the congrats yesterday. I am very proud of myself. I officially weighed this morning and officially lost 7 lbs for the 1st week on Phase I !!! Even though I know some of it's fluid, I can tell in my waist that it's smaller. Yay!!!

I tried the Taco Bake last night and it WAS YUMMY!!! Being from here in Texas we normally eat a lot of Tex Mex anyway so it was good to find something that made it seem like I could eat anything, if you know what I mean. Thanks so much for the recipe!!!

Well, I have a busy day today. Have to take my dd to counseling for depression out of town and have some patients to see too. I still don't feel real well but this morning I seem to be feeling a little better. But yesterday got worse as the day went on. I will try to do as much early as I can, in case that happens again.

Well gotta run. Remember. . . . .PLAN your day . . . EAT what you PLAN . . .and LOSE what you need. Have a GOOD ONE!!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 07:57 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jo, and sleepyheads to come. Jo, I'm 20 miles from a town too - you don't happen to live in this village, do you?

We are snowed in again but the good thing is that there are no muddy paws this morning for a change! That'll come later when this stuff melts. (Can I assume it will melt?)

Dear Harry goofed last night! He decided to run the dishwasher while I got ready for bed and used liquid dishwashing detergent, rather than the powdered stuff! I had a big square soap marshmallow when I opened the dw door! He couldn't find the powdered so used the liquid! Oh well, now part of my kitchen floor is clean.

This is usually Gail Day but she is on holidays so I am stuck with cleaning. I may just do a minor dusting today. Except for quick moppings, I've given up on the floors until the weather dries up. The floor in the back room is vinyl that looks like hardwood and collects dirt in the grooves! Very authentic but I think I'd choose a dark colour next time! That's a down on the knees with a scrub brush task!

So chickies - today is the last day of food before I prep for my colonoscopy Wednesday morning. Part of me says to go for Chinese buffet pig-out at noon today as dinner will be only soup and then the roto-rooter meds. The other part of me says to stick with SBD. Maybe I'll post a poll!

Have a super Monday!
Old 04-05-2004, 07:59 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Wow! Cottage and Sunshine snuck in on me. Congratulations, Chickies. You are doing so well. Now I have to eat OP today as I'm feeling inspired!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:01 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets--

Penny, I was up waaay before you all. Just couldn't post b/c I was out doing a nursing home draw again.

Cottage, congrats on the loss!!! That's awesome!

Nothing exciting going on here. Hit sunshine slowdown on the way back from the lab. Yikes. Nearly blinded me. I despise DST.

I get to tell Dr. D that a blood sample I was supposed to send out to LA didn't get picked up on Friday. I called Airborne, told them I'd be closing early and I would set the package outside my front door. Saturday, I went by the lab and the package was still there, along with a note from Airborne telling me they were sorry they missed me and they would attempt to pick up the package on Monday. They had to STEP OVER the package to put the note on my door!!! AARRRGGHHH!!!! If I could use someone other than Airborne, believe me, I would.

Well, gotta get moving. You all have a great day!

Mamacita
Old 04-05-2004, 08:23 AM   #7  

morning everyone!!

ruth i think you totally deserve the buffett!!! good luck on the tests.

cottage and sunshine great job!!! congrats on your losses!!

penny good luck with the shopping trip hope the snow goes away quick.

mamacita i am with you i can't stand dst throws me way off my game. i was still totally awake last night at 1:30am and so today i am pooped.

it is cold but sunny here today they are calling for snow again luckily it melts fast this time of year. i had an ok weekend didn't get much donein the house and i really should of . having ds 9th b-day sleepover on fri night a wedding to go to on saturday and then cooking for the whole family for easter. ugggg!!! did i mention i started reupholstering my sofa yesterday?? great time to stary a project like that right? i could not resist tho i hit a great sale at walmart on the exact fabric i wanted got it for a steal $1.00/yard. so i will have a totally new sofa for less than $20 when i am done.

oh well thats about it from my side of the beach hope you all have a great day!!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:43 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chickies. It is snowing here today big white fluffy flakes that is staying..... Well I got on the scales this morning and I am up a pound.... I deserve it mind you with the way I have been eating. But I am back on track this morning and I am forcing myself to drink water which I dislike but I have to do it. I am also feeling strange I think it is the sugar thing.... since that is what I have lived on for the last few weeks. Well I am back on track. Well I have to go my sister just poped online and she needs to discuss the shower we had Sat night and some wedding plans. Talk to ya all later.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:45 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Jo, I swear sometimes I buy vegetables just so they can sit in the refrigerator and rot.
Be careful on the roads if you drive today!

Cottage, congratulations on the five pounds!!

No, Sherry, we did NOT adjust well to the time change. I slept in, and am letting the children have the day off. I just have to get to my psychi appointment for 10.

Ruth, Harry is giving you enough material to write a book.
Damn this snow!
Hugs and prayers for you for tomorrow. I hope you're feeling better today.

Marmacita, those people are IDIOTS!!

Must go and bath... don't want my psychiatrist to think I have hygiene problems. He already thinks I'm nuts.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:50 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Perceptive of him!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:52 AM   #11  

Hi Jodi and Little Chick! I missed your posts!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:53 AM   #12  

Very funny, Ruth.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:56 AM   #13  
Ready to Change

Here is a picture of me. Sorry I am bragging but I usually don't like having my picture taken but I thought that this was a good one. This was taken at my sisters shower.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me.jpg (12.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 04-05-2004, 08:57 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

Hey Ellis not at the gym today, with your hunky trainer.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:12 AM   #15  

Little Chick, what a beautiful picture! You look absolutely gorgeous.
Yes, I'm going to the gym today. It's my life.
Closed Thread