Old 04-04-2004, 12:36 AM   #1  
missaprylj

Talking 4/3 Chatter!

Hey,

Just got back from Madison.... I got GOLD!!!! for my forensics speech!!!!!!! I'm SO excited. First place!

Heh. Dieting on the other hand SUCKED last week. Especially while in Madison/on the road. Argh argh argh argh. I have to get back at this, honestly, people. I think I may have to start counting calories, that seems to work out well for some of my biggest inspirations. Hmm...

Have a great week. -Apryl
Old 04-04-2004, 03:09 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Apryl, darling, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! THAT IS FANTABULOUS!!!!! I was cleaning last night & found my old monologue from Senior Year Forensics, I may post it sometime. It was quite political back in the day.

Today I did a seminar focusing on this:

My kidney disease.

I got to ask questions, there was a nutritionist there, and a nephrologist, and someone who's had a transplant, and a dialysis nurse, etc. They even fed us lunch!

Then we went to the zoo, for it is Free Zoo Day.

Then my uncle & cousins came to my mom's for dinner.

Then I went to see Jersey Girl again. Yes, it was just that good. Any movie where J-Lo dies w/in the first ten minutes, I am all for it!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 03:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i loved jersey girl too! aimee, i think we are the die-hard kevin smith fans! =)

congrats april!!

doing pretty well over here, eating is good but i am not motivated to exercise because of my whole knee issue (gotta have ACL surgery, and the doctor limited the things i can do). sherry -- i can't do my MINNA TAPES! whatever will i do???
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 03:53 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

woo-hooo!!! go Apryl!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 05:11 PM   #5  
missaprylj

Talking

Gonzostar said: i loved jersey girl too! aimee, i think we are the die-hard kevin smith fans! =)

How about die-hard Ben Affleck fans??

(My quotey thing isn't working, but yes, I do know how to use it)

Last edited by missaprylj; 04-04-2004 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:22 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I really want to go see that! Maybe I can find some time after Easter!

Well, I made it through the weekend with no sweets. It was a challenge. Sweets were everywhere. Great Grandma's birthday party had banana cake, chocolate and vanilla cupcakes not to mention ice cream. *sigh* And at a friends house today, she was feeding jacob peanut butter chips ahoy!! I have always wanted to try those!!!! Oh well, I'm sure I didn't miss anything!!!

This week was all about staying off the sweets. Tomorrow it's back to business and keeping the calories moderate!

Holly - sorry to hear about the ACL surgery. A friend I work with had hers done a few years back. When are you having it??

Apryl - Great job on the Gold!! Wooo Hooo!!

Catch ya later!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

WTG April. That's great to hear.

Holly--sorry to hear about the surgery, not quite sure what ACL means though.

Sandi--Good luck on the no sweets this week.

As for us, I'm going to have a pretty big week ahead. William's 2 month checkup and Lilly's 15-month checkup is Tuesday. We'll also be talking to the ped about Christophers circumcision. Apparently it didn't take right and the skin is growing back into the head and using the vaseline and pulling it apart isn't working so he'll probably have to have surgery to correct and the two little ones both get shots this time
Then either Tuesday or Wednesday I go back to talk to the boss about going back to work. Short version--different boss let me go in January (I had already told him I would quit and wouldn't be back in Dec. anyway.) Well he was fired for embezzlement and there is new management plus we really need the money since Jeff currently doesn't have a job either and my unemployment just doesn't cover the bills. He wants to train horses and if he can get a couple coming in we'll be fine. So I'll probably start back to work next week which means I'm going to have a huge challenge trying to fit in exercise.
Then on Friday a friend is having a home interior party and the same friend is throwing a barbecue for her mom's 50th birthday on Saturday and my family is having a big get together for Easter on Sunday. You can bet I'll be saving every one of my flex points for this weekend

Last edited by barbygirl43; 04-05-2004 at 12:27 AM. Reason: made lilly 4 months not 15, oops :)
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:14 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprylcadabra
How about die-hard Ben Affleck fans??
blech! i'd like the movies better if he wasn't in them. jason lee is way better. :P
Old 04-05-2004, 01:23 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobsMommy
Holly - sorry to hear about the ACL surgery. A friend I work with had hers done a few years back. When are you having it??
after much deliberation, i'm thinking the last week of august, and i'll be out all of september. so it's a ways off, but i have to check with my doctor when i see him again april 30th.

barbygirl (and all others who are curious): ACL stand for "Anterior Cruciate Ligament" and it's in the knee. this is a clip from an info website that explains what it does: "The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is one of a pair of ligaments in the center of the knee joint that form a cross, and this is where the name "cruciate" comes from. There is both an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and a posterior cruciate ligament (PCL). Both of these ligaments function to stabilize the knee from front-to-back during normal and athletic activities. The ligaments of the knee make sure that the weight that is transmitted through the knee joint is centered within the joint minimizing the amount of wear and tear on the cartilage inside the knee."

so yeah, to sum up, without my ACL, my knee gives out a lot. and when it gives out, it pulls other muscles and it hurts. this is not a surgery i HAVE to have, but if i ever want to be able to be active and play sports, then i do need to have it done.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:46 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Yep, my friend is an avid soccer player and there was no way she was missing soccer!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 12:11 AM   #11  
Long Time Member

Boy, it sure is quiet around here.....wonder if everyone is busy with the holiday?

Tomorrow is a HUGE Easter egg hunt for Jacob, cooking Mashed Potatoes and Deviled Eggs and coloring eggs with Jacob. Sunday is the usual hussle from Church to in-laws to my family. Tonight I went by my mom's and helped her clean (fun, fun)

I was FINALLY starting to feel almost 100% and now this throat infection seems to be creeping back on me. Each day I feel a little worse.

I am still off sweets, but it seems to be killing me this time. I am dying for some. And now, thanks to easter, the house is full of junk. I am trying to be strong. I don't know why it seems harder this time. I am dreaming about M&M's and the commercial I just saw for a cheesecake blizzard from Dairy Queen almost sent me right to my car!!!!!

Hope everyone is well. Hope to hear from you soon!!!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 12:22 AM   #12  
missaprylj

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it!!!