Old 04-02-2004, 06:29 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #62

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #62

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

[COLOR=purple] FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE! [/COLOR
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 06:37 AM   #2  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. How did you do this week?

Morning girls! Hope you had a good night. Don't know if I will get back in here today or not, but will check in tomorrow. Have a great day today and remember to stay op.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Quit being a statistic for fat people and be a statistic of healthy people.

Faye
Old 04-02-2004, 07:59 AM   #3  

Good Morning lovelies!

Faye, have a great trip! I'm praying for you to have a safe and happy time. Wish I were going somewhere too.

I got 3 points yesterday.....yes, I drank my water! But I didn't exercise....and I felt like crap all day because of it. The weather here is really jerking me around emotionally. It's cold and grey and rainy/snowy and is supposed to be the same for the foreseeable future. So, this morning I got up and decided I wasn't going to let it bother me today. I took my walk and feel so much better now. Cat, I know what you mean about things falling into place in the Spring and summer. Today I will keep reminding myself that I managed to LOSE during the winter! It might not be as much as I wanted, but I still LOST. That is so hard for me to do, and I did it! Yay me. Once spring and summer really kick in, then I can push myself harder. But it's not a bad thing to be gentle when you need it.

I didn't lose anything this week. I did see 207 on the scale briefly at the beginning of the week, but I think it was a fluke. I really didn't do much this week, so I don't feel bad. Next week will be better.

Well, gotta get the kids to school! I'm so proud of each and every one of you girls.......you are making an incredible journey and you are succeeding!!!

Everyone have a GREAT day!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:05 AM   #4  
It is what it is...

Default Morning All ...

Hello, I know this is not Weds woes day but boy I am feeling sick this morning...I dont know why, sick to my stomach and my neck hurts, which is making my head hurt a little ... I know I slept wrong on my neck but my stomach is really bothering me. And no I am not pregnant

I did end up losing only "1" pound this week, but I guess it is better than gaining, considering the bad weekend I had last week.

I will check in later, hopefully I will feel better ...

Have a good day all ....
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:14 AM   #5  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi Ladies,
Pounds down huh? Well, I lost two pounds. And 3 inches! Yeah! I know I have gotten stronger; I have really been working at the gym.

I have been OP for 11 days now, with no slips. Yesterday I had a hard day. Only 2.5 points. I got to school late so I was down on my water (I tend to only drink at school) and, while I went to the gym (and had a great workout ) I, excuses coming... didn’t go run/walking because it was raining. Hard! Flooding in fact, and quite miserable out.

Yes, I was also being lame. At least I went to the gym.

I am letting myself off plan for easter. But not too far. There are some easter candy that I really enjoy and I have not had this season. I will be upping my daily sugar intake on easter to allow me to indulge in some of these things, because after easter they will not be available for a year.

On the other had I would love to be down to 190 lbs before then. And I am looking forward to getting back to the 180s which I haven’t seen since the way up here.

Julie - hang in there. Spring is always grey up here, and muddy but then when you think you can't handle a day more the sun shines and there are dandelions evreywhere.

Carri - I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hopefully you will feel better soon. And I recommend a hot bath will make your neck feel better.

Have a great day ladies.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:58 AM   #6  

Good Morning
1 point for me...why have I been forgetting water!!!! Well I got a good workout so the day was not wasted.
I didn't lose anything this week, but I gained 2 the week before because of Spring Break. Next week will be better!
I'm calling about an apartment for next year later today...wish me luck. I will be glad to get out of the dorms!

Carri - Hope you feel better

knobhdy - way to go being OP for 11 days!!

Faye - HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #7  
It is what it is...

Thanks everyone, I have been feeling better as the morning wore on, I had half an apple and that seemed to settle it some...

Knobhdy - Congrats on the loss and the inches off, keep up the good work

Susan, good luck on the apt, those dorm rooms are so small.......

will check in later...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 03:17 PM   #8  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Carri, glad you are feeling a little better Congrats to you and Knobhdy on the losses

Another 4pt day for me yesterday and i've just finished my 3ml walk/jog a short while ago Gorgeous George (my scale) is co-operating this week and i'm down 2.5lbs the weather is absolutely beautiful so i'm going to hang laundry out which will be the first time this year just pondering what i should have for lunch i don't just grab things anymore, which is good i put in a conscious effort to eat something that is "good for me"

169/165 /166.5 /164
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:03 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Girls!
I'm just saying a quick hello. My diet has gone to pot (again!) - but I am going through a very stressful period in my life, so I'm TRYING not to beat myself up about it. Once the funeral is over and things start to get back to normal I will get back into it.

I never realised how much stress their is when someone dies - along with the obvious grief and loss, there are so many arrangements to make for the funeral. Poor Nigel has been on the phone for 6 hours a day trying to organise everything - it is all the more difficult because of Easter. The priest more of less said to Nigel that Easter week was his busiest week of the year and it was very inconsiderate for Nigel to be trying to book a funeral!

On a more positive note - I had a job interview today. the job is working in a residential home for children with learning difficulties, which is something I have done before and really enjoyed. i think the interview went well - but i will have to wait and see! I've also joined an employment agency who are very keen and have several possible vacancies for me - so hopefully I will be back at work soon! I actually think that being in work will really help my diet - having a regular routine will help me structure my eating habits.

Take care !

Love Amanda xxx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 02:41 AM   #10  

hey ladies we finally made it but i won't be posting at all because we have aol and they charge here for local calls by the minute. talk to you when we get back

faye
Old 04-03-2004, 01:18 PM   #11  
Gym'll fix it!!

Amanda, what a moron that priest is sorry, but i think that he is the inconsiderate one to be so rude to someone who has just lost their mother
with the job hunting

Faye, i did'nt realise you had left i'm sure you'll have a wonderful time

Its just like a summer's day here hard to believe its only April i think i might even sunbathe this afternoon
Old 04-03-2004, 01:31 PM   #12  

Happy Saturday
Did pretty well yesterday. I did my usual amount of exercise but it took me a lot longer to complete that usual, and I cut my weight training short, not because my muscles were tired but because my BRAIN was tired. However, I did use the pool for the first time! After my workout I thought I would just take a few minutes in the hot tub...but after that I thought what the heck and did a few laps. I stuck to the "slow lane". It was quite relaxing. I plan on doing more...but not too often because of the absolute HAVOC it reeped on my hair.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:25 AM   #13  

Morning all,
Just thought I'd check in. Looks like everyone's out enjoying the weekend. I've lost track of my points the past two days. Working hard to get everything ready for my show. Had a long rehearsal yesterday and got to go see a play with my younger daughter. That was so nice! One of her friends was in a production of The King and I, so we went to see her. It's funny, as much of a theater junkie as I am, I really don't just go to SEE it very often. Probably because I have to spend $100 by the time I pay for tickets and a baby sitter, etc. etc. etc.

It's still cold and gloomy here........so you all send some of that sunshine this way, ok?

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 02:59 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well, i took yesterday off yesterday i did'nt exercise either and it does'nt look like i'll be getting any done today apart from what i'll get helping hubby to load firewood been busy starting more seed trays this morning i want to make sure i have lots of flowers around here this summer even if they do end up being lunch for the deer
Old 04-04-2004, 06:04 PM   #15  

hello
Slow weekend huh?
I'm off to the gym in a few...to work off the iced latte I'm having its such a nice day!
<-- this is what I would like to do to all college students who's idea of fun on a saturday night is to get drunk and prank call people at midnight!
I was fast asleep at midnight and the phone started ringing...I didn't realize what was going on till the answering machine picked up and I hear..."I was just wondering...if you were hot....and a girl...yeah let me know" click. the poor kid sounded tired and out of it. He was probably put up to it. but GRRR! It was not long after that someone started yelling right outside my window.
Anyway, vent completed. At least I have an amusing story to tell.