South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 05:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chatter April 2

Good morning from rainy Delta.

Today I got out of bed. What's happening with you?

Back in a bit!
Old 04-02-2004, 06:05 AM   #2  

Good morning to you, Ruth. It's raining here in the Finger Lakes too.

I barely got out of bed. I needed Advil and strong coffee to get me slightly mobile this morning. Was planning to clean closets and go to the library this morning. We'll see if anything gets done. Jo
Old 04-02-2004, 07:27 AM   #3  
Southern Belle

Smile

Good Morning SBers!!!

I'm here sipping right along with you in central Texas where it's cloudy and suppose to Thunderstorm today. At least the temps will be in the 70's.

Today is Day 5 on plan and doing good! I feel good and haven't really been hungry still. I have moments when I want something because I'm not satisfied but I am happy that the plan is working so well for me.

I have quite a few home health patients to see today plus take my oldest daughter out of town to the MD. So, today will be a busy one for me. If I plan through it I should have no problems.

Hope everyone has a GREAT FRIDAY and WEEKEND!!!! Maybe after all the rain and snowy weather the beautiful will shine upon us. Thanks for your support and encouragement. Have a good one!!!!!
Old 04-02-2004, 07:34 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning Chicks--

Pennywise, sounds like you're not feeling wonderful. So sorry. Hope whatever it is gets better fast. :

Down here in Georgia, the sun is shining, but it's a deceitful sun. The temps are in the mid-to-upper 30's right now. Brrrr.... Can't wait til Tax Day. It should warm up by then.

Wasn't able to get to the doc about my neck yesterday. My student nurse flaked out on me. Never showed at all. Guess she decided she wasn't interested in the job. So, today I'm off to the doc's after work. And if he says it's okay, I'll go to PT afterwards.

My gut instincts tell me this therapist isn't doing all for me that he could be doing. Usually, my gut instincts are right. Not sure what I want to do about it yet. Can't go thru life with chronic terrible back pain if there's something that can be done.

Anyway...I have some boiled eggs cooling in the kitchen, so I should go down and deal with them. Any of you put curry powder in your deviled eggs? Yum!

HAGD everyone!

Mamacita
Old 04-02-2004, 07:59 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

moring chickies. It is cold and damp here today. Just doing some house cleaning having my sisters bridal shower tomorrow. Be right back a wee one is at the door.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:10 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You bet I put curry in my devilled eggs, Mamacita! Hmmmm - maybe I'll do some today to have with salad at lunch. Go with your gut on the Therapist issue. There has to be a solution.

Pennywise, the Finger Lakes? You mean the ones in NY state? Been there several times. Maybe we'll meet one of these days. What would we do without Advil? It sure helps my aches and pains if I remember to take it!

Sunshinelady, you are aptly named! Are you as cheery with your patients as you are in your posts? Have a happy and busy OP day. I'm glad The Beach is working so well for you.

Well, I had a flash (not hot) this morning and decided to feed my muddy-pawed monsters in the back room instead of my kitchen! Worked like a charm! I put dog towels in front of their dishes and their feet dried off while they munched! This will confine the mud to one room at least! There has to be a solution to everything and making their feet removeable was not really an option!

I definitely am not on plan lately. There's nothing I can use as an excuse except I am fretting a bit about my colonoscopy next Wednesday. That is so silly because I've been through this twice before. Anyhow, I was all set to do the bad bad Chinese Buffet thing yesterday but the place was CLOSED! So I ended up at Loblaws eating way too much sushi which has killer rice and lots of salt. I am staying away from the scale for a while. I've also run out of my diuretic pills so am vewy afwaid to get on the monster that never lies.

Not much on the schedule today except to take a bath and drive Hershey to treadmill. It's nice to have a boring day once in a while - I think!

Happy TGIF to all....and a quick wave to Little ChicK who just snuck in and out!
Old 04-02-2004, 08:13 AM   #7  

morning everyone!!
it is again cold and rainy here in ohio, we had a freak snow storm yesterday just out of the blue snowed 2 inches in as many hours, most of it is melted today. they pushed back my nice saturday in the forecast so i'll have to wait til mon or tues to see the sun i guess.

not much planned for the weekend here just the same old house cleaning and laundry. i like it when there is nothing to do gives me a few minutes to catch up.

hope you all have a great op weekend!!!
Old 04-02-2004, 08:20 AM   #8  

Default Hi From Sunny (NOT) Michigan

Hi everyone. Just found this site yesterday and am excited about all the support and on-going challenges.

It is a little dreary here today as well, but I just know it will be warm soon..

I started the SBD diet today. And have joined a couple of the mini challenges so that will surely keep me on track...I always need to be held accountable to boost me along...

Hope you all have a great weekend...

Angel
40 5'6"
163/148/130
Mini Goal for April 140
Old 04-02-2004, 08:57 AM   #9  
I got Madonna tickets!

Good morning,

Well. I have to say that I am pretty p.o'd right now. All week I have fought the power and not had Wendy's. I didn't even have pizza this week. And then, I seem to have gained two pounds since yesterday. I am so irritated right now that I am fighting the urge to just say to heck with it and eat Wendy's.

But, I did try the Atkins blueberry muffins. (I know they are frankenfood, but what can you do other than not eat them and I really wanted a muffin lately.) BUT, they are actually pretty good, no gross aftertaste, they cook nicely, I am pleased. It hit the spot and it's a nice break this morning from eggs.

So I hope everyone has a good day!!! Good luck!!!

--Dynagrrl.

"I don't need Wendy's and more importantly, Wendy's don't need ME!"
Old 04-02-2004, 10:05 AM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

mornin' all. it's cold and windy here today. bleh. summer must come fast. now.

i woke up this morning and made some scrambled eggs for my son. eggs w/ diced fresh mushrooms for me & a cup of jo. and then watched some kids shows w/ my son until he was ready for his morning nap.

now im here. lol going to "fix myself up" in a moment.. hey get this.. i lost 5 pounds already! how great is that?? im so happy. i have exercised more this time around than i did last time. so i hope that is why the weight went down a bit faster.

*sigh* well im probably doing nothing today.. im sure i will be back.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:10 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone!

Well, hopefully the day will continue as well as it started. I lost the last pound of the five pound challenge today, just one day shy of the goal. : I really needed that last pound because the scale has not moved in a few days. Honestly, I can't believe that I get to eat like this and still lose weight! Eight pounds total so far.

So, I guess those of you in Canada and other parts north sent the rainy weather here to "sunny" southern California. I thought the rain was finally over but that's what I get for thinking.

Ruth--You can get back on track. How about starting today? I know what you mean about anxiety over medical tests and the older we get the more we have to face. Not to mention the fact that a colonoscopy is truly unpleasant (actually it is preparing for it that is downright miserable). I certainly hope all goes well.

Sunshinelady -- What a nice name! Do you do regular home health or hospice? I used to be a nurse years ago (actually I still have a license but my knowledge base is VERY obsolete).

Mamacita--Chronic pain is just miserable. I hope you find some relief soon.

Dynagrrl--You tell 'em at Wendys!
Old 04-02-2004, 12:20 PM   #12  
Reeling Reverend

Hello, Ladies!! I think it must be the damn republicans in the white house that's making the weather here dreary, at best.

Last night I splurged, and how. Yikes! FRIED seafood and Ben and Jerry's. Back on today, though. I didn't even have splenda in my coffee!!

Gotta run. I'm hoping that since no one is in the office today, I can turn the clocks ahead for monday, pretend to forget, and get out of here early!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend. It has to be better than mine, I'm cleaning and organizing ALL weekend...

OH! I AM going to see Bob Dylan tonight, so that should be great! I'm driving, so I won't cheat by drinking. The club has limited food, like nachoes or something, so that won't be a problem. Only problem is that it's a block away from my dad's firehouse (food a go-go) and you can smoke.... that's going to be a problem. I think I can relapse for ONE night. I'm already a loser, do I have to be a quitter, too??
Old 04-02-2004, 12:38 PM   #13  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Smile G'day All!

Hello gang! Good to read all the great things going on for everyone. I'm on day five of SBD and haven't slipped at all yet. I'm excited to get on the scale on Sunday but I am even more excited to take my measurements!! I feel a shift. :

I was lazy this morning and, with all the rain we've had, didn't want to get myself out of bed to exercise. Just the thought of exercising, going to work and then coming home to clean was not getting it for me. I have to clean the house because, get this, my cousin is hosting a Pampered Chef party at MY house! I guess it's just motivation to get the work done. So does house cleaning count as exercise? Not sure if it gets my heartrate up enough but I'll probably be moving for a few hours straight!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!! And here's a little sunshine for those of us with the clouds hanging over for the past two days - Gosh how no sun can bring your spirits down.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:44 PM   #14  

I am not moving very fast today. I feel really lazy today but I guess that's okay every once in awhile.

I have been reading about how so many people get sick of eggs quickly. I am sure that I will hit that phase, but usually I am not fond of eggs but have been eating them a TON since starting SB. I really love the crepes with the ricotta cheese. I have only made them once but have been thinking about them ALL morning!

So we had been having nice warm weather, but now it has gone back to very chilly with and even chillier wind. BRRRR! I am just ready for warm weather to be here for good!

Well, I am off to do some more spring cleaning and then a little Tae Bo later on. Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-02-2004, 04:01 PM   #15  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Afternoon, everyone!

It's kind of a boring, cold, but sunny day here. For some strange reason, I am in a grand "funk" today. I don't usually get depressed like this, but my life is so topsy turvy with the house being up for sale that I guess it's no wonder. Also, a very dear friend of mine has been diagnosed with Cancer the inoperable kind) and I am so saddened by this, also. He is really a dear person. Sorry I'm kind of unloading today!!

Mamacita, I really hope you get some relief for your neck and back.

Ruth, I know your anxiety over the colonoscopy. I, too, have one scheduled this month.....and I feel the same way. I think the crap they make you drink the night before is worse than the procedure! Surely they could come up with a better way?????

Well, I'm off to my hairdresser to see if she can do something with my color or something to boost my spirits. Wish me luck!

Talk later Beauties!
Sharon
Closed Thread