Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 05:40 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default lo carb #55 It sure is quiet

Good morning all,
What a great Sunday. The weather was grand. Although I talked my husband out of putting the snow blower away. I mean I have seen it snow on mother's day!
The next 2 days are supposed to be nice and my goal is to get out of the office for some exercise and destress!

Had a so so weekend. I bought some lo carb ice cream which tasted good but I struggled with cravings yesterday and wonder if they were triggered by that. But back to the work week which makes it easier to stay on tract.

The new Oprah mag talked about time and how to manage it. Very interesting.

Have a great day all
Old 03-29-2004, 10:05 AM   #2  

It was such a nice weekend here! We had my nephews birthday party saterday and my sister brought sugar free devils food cake for her, my mom and I and it wasnt bad! My shoulder is feeling more pain again so its looking more like surgery is going to be likely. I just hope it will be done and over soon. Only 2 more weeks till I get Angel puppy! I am so excited for her to come home. Great Job on the pound gone! I have cut my calories too low before and stalled so i am very careful about that now. I really wished everyone else would come back it has been too quiet here.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:24 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Hey Julie. I am sorry about the shoulder. I wish it was getting better by teh shot.
A new puppy that will sure keep you busy.
I hope your mom is continuing to heal.
We had another great weather day here. Looks like some rain coming though.
Ate OP did better on water.
Have a great day
Old 03-30-2004, 10:08 AM   #4  

We are having a beautiful weather day here and I am planning on doing some yard work and to let the kids play outside in the warm sun. I was down to 176 yesterday at the gym. It still doesnt seem real and somedays i feel fatter now than when i was at 340. It really makes no sense to me how that can happen. I just keep hoping that someday i will find a tummy tuck fairy to get rid of the excess skin.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:59 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Hey girl
GReat news on the scale!!! 26# to goal weight! YOU ROCK!! I think I calculated better this time.

Is your skin just slow to tighten up? We return to rain today UGH! Had a poor day yesterday but back on track today.

MY I wonder where everyone has gotten too
Old 03-31-2004, 08:23 AM   #6  

I know its so quiet here now. My skin is awful! I am thinking of taking a pic that shows all the skin to post on my website that will show people what the skin is like because I was always curious about it. Its very fustrating because i am almost at goal and i still look fat. I can get into a size 12 but i still have a stomache from the excess skin. But the skin is way better than the fat and skin was. Hows things going at work?
Old 03-31-2004, 07:46 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

Things are hectic!
A size 12 That is great!!I imagine it's pretty exciting to shop in teh "normal" section of the store.
I admit that the skin thing is scary. But you are absolutely correct that it could be "full". DH watches a show on discovery channel about plastic surgery. they ususally will have someone who has lost weight and teh sugery to "correct" the issue.

A long while ago a woman was a regular poster to teh 100# club. She had a great weight loss and explored surgical options. I had always believed that there was a need for excess skin for burn victims. However she wasn't able to find a way to do that.
Sue at one time talked about diet supplements that were supposed to help with that. But I don't remember waht they were.

How's the shoulder?
Hope your day was good
Pat
Old 04-01-2004, 04:37 PM   #8  

My day was long and boring and I am having my time of the month and i want to just crawl in a hole and not come out for the next few days. I havent exercised in the last few days because its just to uncomfortable to do at that time. I am going to try to make a crustless spinach quiche for supper with mushrooms and ricotta cheese added. Along with some baked chicken. How was your day??
Old 04-01-2004, 07:57 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

Well sorry that you are unwell!
The days have got to get better at some point!
Did well on teh eating and lost another pound!
Which is inspiring. The clothes are fitting better. Your dinner sounds excellent!
Wish teh others would check in!
Take care and hope you feel better
Old 04-05-2004, 05:50 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Well Another opportunity to get on track.
Boy did I blow it this weekend. Total Carb relapse. Caved into stress and being tired. No one to blame but myself.
But I will suceed today!
Julie . Hope you are feeling better.
Are you going to the MD again this week?
How is your mom?
Sue, Dana, Pam, Kina, Bunna How and where are you all? You are missed!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:59 AM   #11  

I will call the dr this week to see what she wants to do about surgery and go from there. I am still having the pain so i think surgery is going to happen. Its just really frustrating not being able to do some of the simplest things. I am sorry you got stressed and caved. Just get up and brush off and get back into things. I wonder what happened to everyone else??? Lurkers come out, come out wherever you are!!
Old 04-06-2004, 05:52 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Good morning,
Almost 100% back on tract!STill holding onto some water. So I don't know if I did any real damage.
I appreciate your sticking with me here as I know you are a big poster on teh 100# club. I think I probably would have vanished by now!

I don't know about you but spring sure is slow to start here! Can't wait for some warm weather!
Have a great day!
Old 04-06-2004, 11:56 AM   #13  

I was not impressed with the snow we got monday and its cold and blustery and just rotten weather. I hope friday is better because that is when i am supposed to go get my puppy and the last trip we made down there it was freezing rain all they way back! I am glad you are back on track its not easy to do. How are things at work going?
Old 04-07-2004, 07:15 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

I forgot about the puppy! Boy you will have your hands full! How is the shoulder?
Thinsg are going fare here. Doing home work for school. WOrk seems to besettling down. The weather is still cold and looks to be for the next week! DH and I are going to have some roof wsork done this spring.
How are teh workouts?
Old 04-07-2004, 10:45 PM   #15  

Well the Dr called today and surgery is prelimanrily set for june 2nd unless they get a cancelation or something sooner. That is 8 whole weeks to wait. I really wanted to get it done soon so i could have at least part of the summer after i was healed to do some of the things i wanted to. I need new shingles on my roof but i dont know if it will get done this summer or not. The gym is becoming one of my favorite places now and a great way to relax. I just wished i could get there sooner in the day but i want the kids to go too so sometimes we dont get home until after 8 pm. How are things going on the exercise front for you??
Closed Thread