Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 11:09 AM   #1  

Talking I'm back, and ready for action....come join my crusade

Hi everyone,
Well it's another go around for this sassy chick. I'm still teetering around 215, and looking to be a "loser"!!! Now that it's getting nicer I can't wait to start exercising outside and hopefully consistantly. After about a year and going up and down the same ten lbs, I decided to go back to something that works for me, Weight Watchers. Although I'm not going back to meetings....more for money issues than time issues, I have all of the tools from my previous trips there. Stuck it out almost 40 weeks about two years ago and lost almost 30lbs, so I KNOW it works!
My big problem is, I KNOW how to do it all....I know all the right things to do, and for some reason, I just don't!!! So I'm back journaling and counting pts, because if I don't journal, I have no idea of how much I'm actually taking in, and I'm going to start slow on the exercise...three days a week to begin with, is my goal. I'm getting out my Weight Watchers cup today and diggin in on the water too!! I have a strapless bridesmaid's gown that I intentionally ordered a size too small that I have to be able to get into by Memorial Day weekend!!! So there's no room for failure!!! There won't be time to order another dress, and I'm not throwing $250.00 out the window!!
So my big o butt is off the couch...I don't care if it's only to spring clean, it's still movement....I've got my pile of Shape and Fitness magazines next to my recliner for when I DO sit down, I've got my pts calculator and journal sitting there too, and my scale cleaned up and out on my counter.
This chick is ready to be a big big "loser". Realisticly I'd like to be in "one"derland by the wedding, that's around 15-20 lbs in almost 9 weeks, which is 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 lbs a week....should be doable! So I'm looking for some spunky chicks to join me....if you're looking for a no- bulls#$t buddy, I'm your gal. In return I want people to tell me like it is, no holds barred. If I'm not in here messaging, give me ****....if I'm down whip my butt back into the program, and I promise nothing but the same from this end.
So lets get started today and kick some butt, or atleast lose some of it!!!!
Michelle
Old 03-29-2004, 12:24 PM   #2  

Default Count me in.

Please-- kick my butt into action as hard as you want! I want to lose 15-20 lbs by memorial day, and Lord knows I've been an unmotivated slug.

WW has worked for me in the past for smaller amounts, too. I had gastric bypass and lost 191; over the past year I've gained back 25 lbs. Ack! And I've come to realize that I'm no longer really a gastric bypass patient (I eat "normal" foods and still need to exercise and eat the "right" things, just like anyone else with 20-30 lbs left to lose, so how am I "different" any more?). So, it's back to WW with me. I'm also going to try to get my hands on a copy of Dr. Phil's book to work on the head issues I know I have.

My goals are to go out walking at least 3x this week; as well as to do strength training 3x. I also will be journalling daily and will stay within points, and add back water into my diet (I've been drinking an awful lot of coffee and diet pop lately, which is a whole other issue).

Let the games begin!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:42 AM   #3  

Default Okay...day two...bring it on

Woo hoo....I lived through day one....with a growling stomach, but a good attitude. It felt good to be journaling and in control again...and there were a few times when cake sounded like a better idea, but I stuck at it, and boy what a sense of accomplishment in ONE day. I even got off my butt last night, and did my 1 mile Leslie Sansone walk in place tape.
So my morning started out with 3 egg whites (1pt), 2 pcs of D'Italiano light toast(1pt the best light bread on the market!), and a banana(2).....only a 4pt breakfast, but I'm stuffed....all that with my first bottle(33oz) of Dasani water, which I keep refilling with my culligan all day long...I usually have about 4 of them, even when I don't have my act together. I'm planning on either doing my 2 mile leslie sansone tape today, which takes only 1/2 hour, or doing my first The Firm dvd...which is a real challenge for me.....my goal is to do atleast the mile videotape if I don't do anything else everyday, and every other day, do a little more. Then once I can start getting outside walking, biking, and rollerblading, that will just be icing on the cake. Now don't think I'm a little energizer bunny, I have to MAKE my self keep up with exercising, and past experiences of enthusiasm, haven't usually lasted very long,usually I'd rather be inside watching tv, or quilting or scrapbooking( all seditary), but not this time!!!
Welcome to Buttkickin 101, Heather!! Hopefully together we can be great big "losers" together!!!
Michelle
Old 03-30-2004, 04:15 PM   #4  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Michelle and Heather....

Can I join in also? I joined WW February 18th and have lost 12 pounds so far. I'm on a roll and would like to post with some people on the program to bounce things around. My end goal is 145'ish, but for the immediate future, I would love to have 18 more off by Memorial Day. I'd love anything more, but will be happy with that.

I attend meetings on Wednesday nights, so that is my weigh in. (Tomorrow night) I am pretty good about checking in daily, except for the weekend. I post on another thread, but that's most issues in general.

So, are we all on for a good challenge by Memorial Day? 20 pounds is only 2 pounds a week for me and I've been doing that already. My last weighin was 243, so I would be 223 by May 26? Or I could put it June 2nd.

Count me in. I do my Gazelle in the am for 20 minutes a day and will be incorporating ab and butt exercises Thursday.

Good luck, and I'm up for a good challenge!

Chach
Old 03-30-2004, 10:51 PM   #5  

hiya Chach....welcome aboard....I say the more the merrier!!!
I was at 214.7 on Monday....that's when I weigh in....and my goal is 195 by Memorial Day....got in two miles today, and stuck to my points and journaling....another day down!!
Michelle
Old 03-31-2004, 11:55 AM   #6  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Good morning all!

Got on my Gazelle and did 20 minutes this morning. I fear I am up about two pounds, but I did have a guest visiting and I induldged in desserts last week. I will know how much it affected me tonight!

Great day on yesterday and will be good today also!

Chach
Old 04-01-2004, 10:51 AM   #7  

Things are going so well this week....journaling, pts, exercise....it's all been like I never gave it up....and like it's just the way things are....that feels alot better than struggling....going to keep posting and reading in here for "thin"spiration....and I can feel it, in every ounce of my being....THIS TIME IS IT!!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 03:16 PM   #8  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hey Michelle!

I had weigh in last night and stayed the same. That's the first time since February I haven't shown a loss, but I also ate out a lot last week and had a lot of sweets.

My goal this week is to be down 5 by the time weigh in comes around.

Sounds like you are doing well! Keep up the good spirit!!

Chach
Old 04-02-2004, 05:22 PM   #9  

Day 5, it's Friday, and I'm more pumped than ever.....weighed this morning, and I was already down to 212....the lowest I've been in 2004....wooohooo....been waiting all day for the kiddos to leave(I do daycare), so I can get out and walk and have some "me" time....it's weird...it's only day 5, and I'm actually craving exercise today, because I haven't done it yet! That's gotta be a good sign. Also this whole week, I've woke up and popped out of bed, feeling like I have something to get out of bed for...I've been in such a good mood, and felt so energetic and focused...and that's an awesome feeling....man they don't bottle this stuff....so I'll let you know how the weekend turns out...we have a birthday party to go to tomorrow night, with lots of food and alchohal....any tips on that would be appreciated....but I did save ALL of my flex points for tomorrow if I need them, and I plan on working out before the party! I'll let y'all know how that turns out!!!
"see" ya soon,
Michelle
Old 04-02-2004, 10:13 PM   #10  

Can I join in? I read this post when it was first posted but I was at work so I couldn't reply. Ineed someone who will be brutally honest with me and kick me in the butt! This week I decided to try to use activity points. I noticed that on days after I exercised I usually stayed the same or my weight went up. Well last week I had went up .5lbs! My first gain ever... so this Tues I started using activity points and lost 3lbs this week! seems to be working!
Old 04-02-2004, 10:19 PM   #11  

Welcome to the gang, Sunshine.....I always say the more, the merrier. Keep up the good work, and can't wait to hear more from ya!!!
Michelle
Old 04-03-2004, 12:08 AM   #12  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

count sassy in!! started WW winning points March 1st. by the 31st i was down 9 pounds. i want to lose a total of 65-70 lbs. this isnt a quick fix for me, i am not on a diet. i am on a new healthy lifestyle change. exercise, eating right, moderation. i said this before but the one major thing i have noticed from diets of yester-years. has been more mental, a change in how we view dieting. its more I CAN thing, as opposed to the i cant have this....or i cant have that...... there are no more NO-Noīs. and your never allowed to eat this again ~shudders as the old tapes play thru~

okies i have got to stop.......as painful as that is for me. i am a wordy wenchlette ~laughing~ but DH-2Bīs Grandmother is coming tomorrow to stay with us for a few days. way worser them ifn his Mom was coming ...this is Momīs MOM....eeeeeeep! and like that isnt stressful enough....... i dont know the language well enough to speak with her!! double eeeeeeeep! short but sweet stuffs...... essen= eat, trinken=drink, polite lil phrases, the only thing left in my repetroir is how to findy the potty...... how many times can i ask Oma= grandmother where the potty is before i start sounding like a crazy lady ~laughing~

okies gotta walk the adorable pooch in the upper left before i come back and clean the no-see-um spots.......saving floors till the last minute. thinkin of changing his name to the molting monster mutt ~laughing~ spring has sprung! looking forward to getting to know all you ladies better.......

sincerely,
sassy
Old 04-03-2004, 09:24 AM   #13  

Welcome to the gang sassy....I know the stress of inlaws....and we have that big wedding coming up...big stressville!! Stay strong..and remember, as far as eating and exercise YOU"RE the one in control!!! That always helps me....when everything else is spinning out of control....hehe.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:19 PM   #14  

Hi all you weight watcher buddies.

I lost 70 lbs from May 2002 to May 2003. Maintained very well until the holidays started beginning with Thanksgiving 2003. By the middle of January 2004 I had gained 12 lbs. I would start and be perfect for 2 days then go off. So needless to say those 12 lbs are now 20.
But I am determined they will not go any higher than that. And they will come OFF! Started walking again when the weather cooperates.

Good luck to all of you. I hope to check back with you all and together we can accomplish this again.

Last edited by dav310; 04-14-2004 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:19 PM   #15  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All!

Sassy, welcome to this thread. This is a good one in addition to the other one we post on because this is more WW themed issues. I know the other thread covers all the aspects of weight loss and lifestyle changes also. Glad to see my friend here!

Welcome Dav and Sunshine! Sunshine, when you do exercise, be sure to eat the points you are giving yourself for the exercise. I wasn't for a week and my loss slowed, but when I did eat the ones I was gaining, my loss was bigger. Try to eat those points and then you will see an increase in your loss. My leader says if you don't eat the target points at a minimum, your body is going into starvation mode.

Michelle: Tips for the party tonight? Drink Lite Beer if they have it, nothing mixed with fruit juice or mixes. What I did was swap out one alcohol drink for one diet soda or glass of water. I had one beer last weekend and one Diet Coke with Lime. If you aren't sure if they are going to have other drinks there, take one of your own.

I stumbled across a thread about Diet soda cakes. Has anyone heard of this? You make a cake with a diet soda and cut it into 12 equal pieces. Then top it with lite Cool Whip and it's only about 3 points for a big slice. I bought a vanilla cake and an orange soda, so it's going to be like a Dreamsicle cake. I'll let you all know how it is and how much the points are exactly.

Also, I found a wonderful snack. I don't care for rice cakes per sey, but Quaker came out with something called "quakes". The apple cinnamon tastes like a dessert! And the big bonus is that 8 of the mini cakes is only one, yes 1, point. You can eat the whole bag if you want and only use 5-6 points. They are wonderful!

Okay, have a great weekend and Michelle, let us know how the party went!

Chach
Closed Thread