Old 03-28-2004, 07:05 AM   #1  

Default Time for Serious Fun #61

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #61

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 07:07 AM   #2  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is our poll this week:

When you pick a book to read how do you pick it, by the author, by recommendation, by reading the flap, by the title, and what do you usually like to read?

Later girlies!

Faye
Old 03-28-2004, 10:25 AM   #3  
It is what it is...

Hi Girls...Hope you all are having a good weekend...

Remember when I was talking about going to Steak n Shake and blowing it, well I sure did, I had a double cheeseburger and cheese fries...I am here to tell you it was so good!!!!!!!! I did deserve a treat and I had it, no guilt, today is today....

Anyhoo, SIlly poll Sunday...I usually go off of the jacket of the book, I pull first off how the cover looks ( odd, never judge a book by its cover, ha ) and then read jacket, then I buy....I am usually a biography type of girl, I like to nib in on real peoples lives

Hope you all are doing well, check back tomorrow....
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 11:37 AM   #4  

GOod Sunday Morning beautifuls!

My performance went Great!! Some of the best dancing I've ever done....and alot of it was because I looked so good in my costume, and I KNEW IT! The whole night was such a huge ego trip for me!!! All my students who have been with me since I was 265( ) all told me how wonderful I looked and how happy I looked and how proud they were of me. I can't tell you all how amazing I felt. Plus the fact that all my new girls did awesome in their first performance! Plus the fact that on Wed. part of my costume was a good 2" from closing around my hips...and last night it closed!!!! (2" in 3 days........all while it's TOM for me.....WOOO HOOOO!) Needless to say, I had a 4 point day....danced my *** off, and had to drink tons of water. Didn't have time to eat much.

But enough about me.......MSCAT, I'm so proud of you for sticking up for your own mental health!! If a weightloss program is making you feel bad about yourself, then it's not worth using (even if you are successful!) Look at it this way, once you are at your goal weight you will still have to live your life in a normal way in order to maintain the loss. SO, you might as well make your normal HEALTHY way of life a habit now. When you're at your goal, you won't want anyone telling you what to eat, what vitamins to take, when to weigh yourself........you'll want to do it yourself. BUt the only way to do it easily is to get the good habits established NOW. I think you're on your way to some AMAZING progress!!! Good for you

Faye, don't worry......vacation will be here before you know it.

Well, it's 50 degrees and sunny out.......I gotta go make me some Vitamin D!

See ya...
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 03:46 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

I fell off the 'wagon' yesterday too but then again i always do on Saturdays its my treat day i let myself have anything i want this week it was Pizza and i'll be finishing the rest off today for lunch i'll be back OP tomorrow so its OK

Silly Poll, I don't read books of any kind have trouble looking at a magazine without my mind wandering i just have no interest and have to really concentrate in total silence to take it in..i can read a page and not know what i've read unless i really focus on it so i don't bother.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 06:31 PM   #6  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Guys!

Just popping in to let you know that Nigel's mum, Mary, died yesterday.

We were with her a few hours before she died and Nigel had the chance to tell her how much he loved her, which was good.

I probably won't be around much over the next week for obvious reasons.

Thank you all so much for yourprayers and support.

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 06:35 PM   #7  

Julie: I knew you would be beautiful and do a great job on your performance. CONGRATULATIONS! YOU GOT A for points!

Cat: You are doing fine so I am glad you aren't sweating a little set back. They come and they go!

As for the poll, I am a voracious reader, probably 2-4 books a week when I have them so I pretty much do everything, read a jacket, some of my favorite authors I read anything they put out and I probably have 20 of them! I also read something someone suggests I should read, most of the time I am disappointed though. I like to read legal thriller, medical thrillers, very few romance though I do like Danielle Steele's stuff at least some of it, cop thrillers, murder mysteries, so you see there is a pattern here. I also like a good woman's comedic book. Olivia Goldsmith (First Wive's Club) is a total hoot. I have yet to read something of hers I didn't like. I could go on and on, but I noticed Cat falling asleep just having me talk about books so I better go!

have a good night girls and see you in the morning!

Faye
Old 03-28-2004, 10:56 PM   #8  

Default Goodnight Ladies!

Gr8 Sunday - I overslept and had to run to church without my a.m. workout but decided a little break won't hurt today since I have had 13 treadmill workouts straight! Dh and I worked on bathroom project and got another major step complete.

Poll - I just finished reading "The Making of Star Trek." I am a trekker. I have a huge collection of trek omnipedias which I am working through. I read inspirational self-help books, spy novels, bios and biblios about the Kennedy's, Prinicess Di (and all the Star Trek stars of course) and I love comic wit like David Sedaris.

Congratulations Julie on your show! Going to start bellydancing again at home - it is such a great workout. Thanks for your cudos on my decision. I feel so much better about everything.

Have a great Monday! MsCat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 05:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Morning there everyone!

Checking in real quick. First of all good for you MsCat! I agree with Juile. Healthy is the most important thing here and that means all around health. Julie, I am pround of you. I just bet that you looked totally hot.

Ok poll. Faye, this one is right up my alley. I too have favorite authors that I tend to read. Some of the include Sturart Woods, Iris Johanson, Janet Evonvich(sp), Lawerence Sanders, and Sue Grafton. When picking out books I read the cover and skim thru the book as well. THere are times that I read on suggestions of people and there are very few people out there whose suggestions that I will take. One of the women that works at our public library and her husband both read the same types of books that I love to read so they are wonderful for suggestions.

Have been really busy this weekend. The steriods that I have been on have casue havoic and I ate myself to death this weekend. I know that I only have 2 more days of medcine and then I will be back to normal. Time to get it back in gear.

Checking in real quick gotta run time to shower and get to work. Here's to a wonderful day

Hugs
sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 05:59 AM   #10  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and it is our last March Madness week. Let's go out like a lion this week girls!

Weekends can be the pits. For all of us who did not do so well this weekend, let's try extra hard to work this week to improve!

SandyG; I like some of the same authors you do, Woods (who is an arogant jackass btw even though his books are good), Evanovich, who's books are really really funny, Sue Grafton. If you like Grafton and Evanovich, try Sara Peretsky, Edna Buchanan. Did you ever read Stuart Woods book, Under the Lake? Totally weird book!

I have to quit talking about books or I will never stop!

Later girls, I am going to go shower and do my chores so I can take Jack to work and go to the gym. I didn't go at all this weekend and ate junk all weekend too!

Faye
Old 03-29-2004, 07:56 AM   #11  

Morning Lovelies!

I saw my first robin of spring this morning! Now I'm getting psyched!! It's supposed to be in the 50s and sunny all week!!! WOOO HOOOOOOOO!

3 points for yesterday......low on the water. Workin' on that already this morning, though.

MSCAT-- A good friend of mine writes some of those Star Trek books....her name is Christie Golden and she writes alot of the Voyager and later series novels. She's also started publishing in the earlier series too. ANyway, WTG on the consistent treadmilling! You'll be seeing those pounds drop really soon. Make sure you take your measurements, too. It will keep you going when the scale makes you want to scream.

AMANDA--SO sorry to hear about your loss, but at least the tension is over and you can all grieve. Please come back when you're ready!

TTFN, ladies,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:23 AM   #12  
It is what it is...

Default Morning All

I too had a nasty weekend this time....I kind of gave myself the weekend off, which was probably a big mistake, but now I will refocus and move on, I figured I have lost 28 pounds recently and can have a little reward
I dont know if that is how I should think but oh well...back on track today!!

Amanda - Sorry for your and Nigels loss - I will be thinking of you both...

Julie - I know it makes you feel so, so good when people notice that you have dropped some weight, great job on the 2 inches off!!!

My personal goal this week is to get 4 points Mon-Friday, and then let myself
( maybe ) off the hook for exercise on Sat and Sun... I think we can all do this, well I know you girls can, I am the one that is bad about exercise

Hope you all had a good weekend, I will check in later, I may have a snack attack this morning and may need the encouragement
Old 03-29-2004, 11:37 AM   #13  
It is what it is...

So, so quiet today...

Be very, very quiet ...
we are all out hunting wabbits!!!
Old 03-29-2004, 12:07 PM   #14  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good day Ladies,
I wasn't around this weekend cause I wasn’t around this weekend. I went North o see my family and do some skiing. I managed to have a 4 point day on saturday even if I was still doing the exercise part of it well into the late night. (the stars in the country are so pretty. You can’t see them down here )

Sunday wasn’t bad either. I got the minimum amount of both water and exercise (yes I went skiing, I also walked down the mountain (for 2 hours) carrying someone else's skis). I was very proud of myself for managing to eat well not only on the weekend (I usually blow my weekends bad!) but also at my mom’s house. She is chubby and likes to keep sweets around.

I discovered I can drink diet pepsi. (I can’t stand regular pepsi) It was all my sister had that was even remotely decent for me, other then tap water. So I had like three this weekend. Too much sodium but at least they are calorie free.

Amanda - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Hang in there. I will be sending you and your family all my prayers.

Julie - Congrats on your show. I am sure you blew them out of the water.
I really am going back to class next week. My troupe is planning for two more shows this summer and next fall. I am planning on dancing in them. I hope to feel how you did, that I look and feel better then before.

The bad news is that usually Mondays in my weigh-in and those stubborn pounds are still there. I haven't lost an ounce. Discurrangment sets in. I did got to the gym already this morning though, and even though I feel like my legs are going to fall off, H is waiting to go walking with me when I get home from work. I just got to stick with it I know.

Happy monday all.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:23 PM   #15  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

And lunch gets delayed again.
I am so hungry.
Thankfully the same things that are delaying my luncha re also keeping me from being able to snack. TG for small favors. And lunchtime.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote