View Poll Results: What Do You Try To Limit Most In Your Diet?
Fat 2 22.22%
Calories 3 33.33%
Carbs 4 44.44%
Sodium 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 09:47 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's....(#79)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 09:49 PM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #78 And Read The Last Few Posts There!
Old 03-26-2004, 12:29 AM   #3  
Losing it!

Tina, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. It's so sad to lose a loved one but so much more so at such a young age. I will be thinking of your family as you try to get through the next few weeks.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:37 AM   #4  
Losing it!

Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and suggestions with my ankle. Steve was away all week until yesterday, so I broke down and told him too. It's kinda scary because I really, really, really do not want to go through all of that again. The swelling seems to be down a bit today but it is still tender. Steve made me promise that if it is not better by the end of next week, when he gets back into town, I will go to the doctor. PLEASE PRAY IT WILL BE BETTER!!!!! I really don't want to go to the doctor! I know, I'm a wuss!

I took the plunge and painted some branches, vines and flowers on my bathroom wall today! No pattern, I just went for it! I started at the top of the shower curtain area and painted around a framed print, I will post a picture in the next few days. My plan is to continue the color scheme, add a scroll design above my mirror and to do a framed mural on the opposite wall.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:10 AM   #5  

Tina-Please accept my condolences. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Gayle-I can't wait to see your bathroom! I did tell you about our bathrooms at school, didn't I? How the principal had an artist come and paint a beach scene in the ladies room and a creek in the men's room? It is from floor to ceiling all around the bathrooms. Gorgeous. Please post your pictures! Take care of that ankle. I hope you are not on your feet too much right now. You probably should be raising it up on some pillows.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:02 PM   #6  

Shelley,
I just looked at your ebay. How much did your pooh go for? Just curious because it was way up there!!

Will be back later to post!
Old 03-26-2004, 07:34 PM   #7  

Ola my amigas
Just wanted to check in before the weekend hits. It is going to be busy here. All the Goddess have almost arrived. I think that I told you that we are having a Goddess Convention. We are wearing tierras and boas tonight when we go out for dinner. See Gayle you do know someone famous! We are just a crazy bunch. There are 10 of us Goddesses. What a spectacle we will make. It is just a beautiful day. I will be going up to change right away into my Goddess gown. Tomorrow my mexican sister, Julie Anne and I are going to look at some houses that are for sale. Just for the heck of it. They are around $100,000. You just never know. I hope that you all have a great weekend.

DEE
Old 03-26-2004, 07:52 PM   #8  

Howdy

TGIF!!! Wow....what a week! I'm doing laundry now and trying to get my housework done so I can work in the yard all weekend.It's suppose to be in the high 70's all weekend!

Dee,
Wow...I know a goddess!! I bet you have a barrell of fun tonight!! Tell us all about it! When do you go home? Are you real dark? Hopefully I'll get lots of sun working in the yard this weekend.

Gayle,
How do you feel today? How are those ankles? Did you call the Dr? Your bathroom sounds so pretty! Please post a picture of it!

Shelley,
I bet those walls in the bathroom at School are so cool!! I told my Principal about them today and she just kinda looked at me! What does that mean?!

Ramona,
How's your Mom today? Did you consider the idea others gave you about getting a baby monitor so you can hear her? I hope with your Brother coming, you can rest this weekend and have some fun!

Vicki,
Are you getting ready to visit Mom? Will you be gone for a week? Does she have a computer there so you can check in?

Carol,
Where did you go?? I was hoping that you would post again! We miss & need you here!

Debbie,
How was going back to work today? Did you go to the Y after work? I'm looking forward to coming up tomorrow night. I NEED to relax, laugh and have fun!

Jennelle,
Are ya'll testing (TCAP) now? We started yesterday and it will continue for 9 days! The teachers test from 8:30-10:00.

Cheryl, Mary & Doni,
Come out where ever you are!! I check daily hoping to see a post from you. We miss you!!

Tina,
Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.You've probably been at the funeral home all day.Let me know if you need anything.I'm not that far from you and could be there within 45 min. HUGS!

Later!
BIG HUGS!!
Old 03-26-2004, 09:00 PM   #9  

I saw this on another thread and wanted to share it with you...........

22 Reasons You Might Be Fat Forever

1. You are still looking for a quick and easy solution to weight loss.

2. You think that diet and exercise are the only essential factors involved in weight loss.

3. You have not identified the psychological reasons that drive your eating patterns.

4. You have not learned to manage or heal the psychological reasons that drive your eating patterns.

5. You have a fear of or resistance to growing up and becoming a full adult.

6. You use food as a reward or a treat after any or all stressful events.

7. You think you can lose weight without making exercise a regular part of your day, every day.

8. You think you can lose weight by doing it “your way.”

9. You expect to lose weight without making significant lifestyle changes.

10. You refuse to learn to become a good receiver as well as a good giver.

11. You have never learned to be effectively and appropriately assertive.

12. You have not learned to express your anger in a healthy, honest fashion.

13. You have not learned to be self-nurturing except with food.

14. You are excessively self-critical.

15. You refuse to take responsibility for your life.

16. You resist learning to love yourself.

17. You resist learning to love your body before it is thin.

18. You have not faced your inner fears of being thin.

19. You are certain that spirituality (a connection to a force greater than you) is irrelevant to weight loss.

20. You think you can lose significant weight without the support of others.

21. You have deep emotional wounds that you refuse to explore and heal.

22. You are not prepared to have weight be an issue that you will have to face each and every day for the rest of your life.

OK, now you have some incredibly important information about yourself and the things that are blocking your weight loss. You now have a choice. You can get depressed and go into avoidance or denial, or you can choose to make a renewed and informed commitment to your growth and well-being. The decision you make could change your life and your body for good!

Matthew Anderson, D. Min., is a counselor, organizational consultant, seminar leader and the author of books and tapes that can help you overcome your obstacles to well-being.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:27 PM   #10  
Losing it!

Sher: I LOVE your little 20 pounds lost chick!!! So cute!!!!

Dee, is 100,000 a fair chunk to spend on a home in PV?? Around here, even some of the modest homes sell for 100,000-130,000. If we were to move right now into nothing fancy, we could not do it for less then 85,000-90,000. Have fun Miss Goddess!!!

Well, I had a VERY busy day! I originally had a class scheduled, but Liz was in an accident. I spent two hours in the ER this afternoon. When her airbag deployed, she ended up getting a nasty, nasty second degree thermal burn on her arm. They are keeping her heavily medicated and they said the main concern is to watch for infection. I have to take her back to the doctor tomorrow so they can look at it and change the dressing. Thank goodness she was not hurt in any other way and the other driver is ok. It wasn't a serious accident, just a parking lot fender bender, but the airbags did quite a bit of cosmetic damage. She will be replacing grill, windshield, dash, and it buckled the hood. The other lady cut through a few empty parking spaces and they both just didn't see each other. Poor kid just made her first payment on her car this past month!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:50 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Have you guys heard of the BTK serial killer that is making national news? He was around about 20 years ago, disapeared and has now resurfaced! This is happening in Wichita KS, a town about 3 hours from me.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:56 AM   #12  

Oh Gayle, I know Liz must have been so frightened! Thank goodness she is all right. Car parts can be replaced, but people can't be! Take care of her (I know you will) and tell her I send my hugs and well wishes.

No, I haven't heard of that serial killer. I almost never watch the news anymore, so I'm kind of out of things that are happening around the country.

My dad went back to the doctor for his checkup and he is doing fantastic. The doctor even told him he could start driving (which really amazed me) and he could use a cane for another week and then walk on his own. Of course, when he heard all of that, he wanted us to move back home. We told him in another week we would talk about it. I'm afraid he will try to do too much for mom and injure himself. She is doing much better. She's regained enough balance that she can get from the bed or chair to her potty chair without being lifted. She needs to move on her own as much as possible because her muscles will atrophy if she doesn't.

Well ladies, it is 8:55 and I've only been up for 20 minutes. It was soooo nice to sleep in my own bed last night. I've got to get busy now and do some things around here.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Old 03-27-2004, 10:10 AM   #13  

Hi Ladies!

The sheriff just came to my door and asked me about my neighbor. They received a panic alarm from their residence and no one will come to the door. He said he was afraid that someone pushed the button and now can't get to the door. I told him that the man who was there alone now was in bad health. He just left. What good is a panic alarm if they just leave if you don't come to the door? I am so worried about him. I have tried to call and he does not answer. Is it wrong of me to go check on him? I don't want to be a peeping tom but I don't want the man laying there hurt. If anyone reads this soon what would you do? Thanks
Tina
Old 03-27-2004, 11:07 AM   #14  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Tina - I'd call the cops again and tell them that you think your neighbor is hurt. I can't believe they left without trying to get to the door! What a bunch of morons.

Gayle - I'm glad that Liz is not hurt worse. Big hugs to her! Small accidents are scary enough!

Sherry - They test for NINE DAYS? Lord, that borders on child abuse! Our sixth graders just finished taking the Terra Nova, which is the test that shows where they are nationally. It took two days, about two and a half hours each day. Our state testing isn't until the first week of May. They don't have a time limit for each section, so some kids will take an hour to finish and some will take all day.
Old 03-27-2004, 02:12 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Tina, I would go over and try to get a response. If no answer, I would call the police dept. and have them do a welfare check. I agree with Jennelle, I can't believe the officer just left after know your neighbor isn't in good health.
Closed Thread