Old 03-25-2004, 10:40 AM   #1  
2BoysMom

Default Stay at Home Moms #140

Welcome to a thread full of laughter, friendhship and support devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families. We strive to win the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:57 AM   #2  
2BoysMom

Good morning,

So now I've forgotten everything from the old thread . Heaven forbid I print it before starting a new one! Oh well.

Melinda, I would love a job where I only had to work 2 days a week...I hope it works out for you. Would they consider you permanently for part time? Would you consider continuing? Maybe you would need to see how it goes first before you decide. In the fall I will have to look for something...I'm always looking but notice that most of the part time office jobs are daily for about 4 hours...I know my Mom doesn't want to baby sit every day so it may take a while for me to find something. We'll need the money to keep up our lavish lifestyle ...we don't go anywhere these days but expenses sure do add up!

Spryng, how did your 8 min tanning session go? Did you get a workout in Told you I would hound you til you got sick of me! So who got voted off of American Idol and Survivor??? Forgot about them both!

Andrea, anytime you need us we're here for you! Painting is very good therapy. Wish I could get my bathroom finished so I could start on the laundry room...maybe tonight because ER is probably a rerun again.

Ginny, sorry the bus ride was not so good yesterday. I'm sure the walk was very therapudic (sp?). I couldn't drive a bus! I don't have the patience.

Dinner was good last night...of course I didn't order the tuna because it came with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans and carrots and I wasn't that hungry. Besides I would have eaten all of the mashed potatoes (yum!) and I'm sure they would have been loaded with butter. I skipped the appitizer and ordered an Adobo Chicken sandwich....a seasoned chicken breast, avacado, provalone cheese and a tomato mayonaise. I only ate 1/4 of the bun and had the fresh fruit instead of the fries...I was very proud of myself...then we had Jewish Coffee cake for dessert at one of the girl's afterwards. I did have some Resess bites in the afternoon that I didn't need so I wasn't all that proud of myself then but these things happen once in a while and I didn't use that as an excuse to eat a horrible dinner so that was good! Most of the girls are also in my TOPS group but usually anthing goes at girls dinner. My bf asked why I didn't want the appitizer (deep fried brie cheese) and I said I'm trying to stay away from appitizers 'cause I don't need them. She made some comment about "oh aren't we being the good one" but I didn't let it bother me. She's lost over 50 lbs and looks good but eats alot of the "quick" foods because she says she doesn't have time to cook....so she has been holding pretty steady for a little over a year. She still weighs more than me but looks good...she could lose a lot more if she started eating right...but you all know you can't force anyone to do anything they don't want to do. At least she works out....and hey, I'm no expert!

I only got in a 2 mile walk this morning...my knees are very achy today. Don't know if I did something wrong in the 4 mile walk yesterday or if it's the weather. Took some Aleve this morning but it's not doing much yet. Then I tried to do the 30 min balance ball tape but Tony wouldn't stop crawling on me so I'm hoping to do that after Dh gets home tonight.

My plan is to be at the chat today but my Mom might be stopping over at some point today or we may be outside...it's in the 50's but is supposed to rain later so I'm not sure if we'll get out. Hopefully I'll be talking to someone later!!

Hi to Ricci, Candy and anyone else I may have missed!
Old 03-25-2004, 12:59 PM   #3  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just back for a short visit, I felt so guilty with this am's post.

Spryng- what is a lateral thigh trainer??? Never heard of one, but then I do not really have the time to do much research anyway. Sounds like it fits in with what was mentioned at WW yesterday. Laura used a blown up balloon, and then told us that the balloon was a member b4 WW. Then she let the air out- of course the balloon sagged......and said that is how we are if we do not tone up. Funny, but good example. Hope you enjoy your thigh trainer!

Andrea and Melinda, I am such a bear of little brain. I am lucky I remember anything from the last thread....forgive me. Melinda, the job sounds good- so you will check it out Monday? Andrea- did you get that bath in???? Want to come paint my living room- we will be doing so shortly. The color sounds nice. Does Walmart have good paint?

Geri- thanks for starting the new thread. The dinner sounded great, and I am so proud of you!!!!! All that self control. Great! Good job gettng the walk in.

The kiddies were ok this am- but then they usually are good in the am. It is the afternoon that they are wacky. I did gently tell them that they would never, ever give me another trip home like yesterday- at least not without writeups. That way the monster mom's who are out for me stand warned......and I can know that (one more time......) I laid out the law of the bus clearly and it had better be followed.
Gotta go get the finishing touches on dinner. See ya tomorrow!!!!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:01 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Ricci, Candy, Jackie, hi to anyone I missed!!!!!!!!
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:08 PM   #5  

Geri - So good for you staying on plan on girls night out, my biggest problem. You know Dr. Phil says, that you need to get people out of your life that sabatoge your diet. I can't do that step, I would be getting of dh, mother,etc. I guess he means not to let them influence you in eating, which you did. You go girl! I will see about permanent part-time. It might be ideal, but I really want to make sure it is working for them too.

Spryng - The thigh machine sounds like great fun. They have them at the gym but I do not touch them. I try to workout an hour. I like going to the classes, but they are at 8 and 9 in the am. JW was sleeping this morning, so I just did the precor 33, weights.

I will start work Monday morning. They agreed to the schedule and everything. They know that I am nursing, so I will probably pump once or twice. JW is good with taking the bottle so that should not be a problem. My mom lives about 20 min from me, 10 min from where my job will be. I will try to leave the house at 800 to get there at 900, should work depending on the traffic. I will make a salad to take for lunch. The problem will be rushing out of the house without breakfast and wanting to eat out after work. I will probably buy some kind of breakfast bar. Anyway, lots of things to think about.

Thanks for all the support.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:54 PM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies

I really wanted to comment on everyone's posts but I am running out the door to get Hunter from school!

I also have playgroup at the house at 2:30 so I will have ladies waiting at my backdoor when I walk in the house!!! LOL

TTYL!!!!!!!!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
melinda, I am so happy that you are going to get the days and hours you want! Makes things easier. You aren't going to leave us now that you are a working mom again are you??
Ginny, the lateral thigh trainer is a new machine (lots of infomercials with it) that is like a stepper but it swivels like you are roller skating and really works the glutes, inner and outer thighs and abs. And if you use weights while doing it works the whole body. I called all over God's Creation today and no one carries them so I had to buy it off of QVC. I sent my check today so it should be here sometime next week I hope. No later than April 9th. But I'm sure it will be here earlier. I'm just not so great about being patient. But now I have to, lol.
Geri, my tanning went great! No burn! lol. I go again tonight at 7 pm. I'm really enjoying it but at the same time hating what it may do to my skin. I just hear all the horror stories about skin cancer or premature wrinkles and I cringe while I am tanning thinking about it. I'll just be careful. You are really at risk if you burn and then continue to tan anyway. But when my back burned I took a day off and then laid on a towel to protect it until it healed completely, so I should be fine. And no, I didn't get a workout in yesterday and won't today because my WI is tomorrow. I know... poor excuses. but once my lateral thigh trainer gets here I will get lots of exercise in!!!! LOL. I PROMISE!! The nice thing about ordering it off of QVC was that is was a little cheaper in price and comes with 2 workout videos!! I can't wait until it is here. You did so great on your dinner last night!! What is planned for tonight? I'm having pizza! I bought the kids a frozen pizza and myself a lean cuisine pizza, so it's a healthy pizza night for me. Tomorrow you all won't here from me because I am going to fayettville to visit my very pregnant BF. She is almost 38 weeks and lots of false labor and such. She is off of bed rest now but I have a few things to take to her before the baby is born so I'm doing that tomorrow. It's almost a 3 hour drive there... so it will be a long day for me. I may post tomorrow night though. Oh- well you may hear from me in the morning to quickly post my WI, I forgot about that.
Ok, well I am off here for now! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:00 PM   #8  
2BoysMom

Melinda .... EAT BREAKFAST even if it means getting up early!! How do you like the Dr Phil book?

Heading to the chat room!

Last edited by Chubba; 03-25-2004 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:36 PM   #9  

Geri - Still on Step 2 in Dr. Phils Book, put it down for a quick nap today and woke it two hours later. JW slept for 3. Haven't had a nap like that in months, felt good.

Spryng - I have seen the stepper, thing machine on TV. I thought they were pretty pricey. Let me know if it works. The two days that I work, I am going to need to do tapes and stuff, as I won't want to be away from JW another hour for a workout at the gym.

We are having chinese takeout for dinner. Hope it does not show on the scale, so much MSG. They say they don't use it, but I don't believe them. I will say that I am allergic to it. I am going to a production of CATS with my MIL, FIL had surgery a couple of weeks of ago and he is still not fully recovered. We are eating at there house then going to the show at 730. I saw the production on Broadway and the costume and music was great, but the plot was silly. I quess not if you are into cats.

Have a great evenings, ladies. I will be in tomorrow with a weigh in good or bad.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 05:31 PM   #10  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey all!!! Everyone has been so busy!!! Melinda, the job sounds great! Hope it works out!!! If the long days prove to be too much, would they go for 3 shorter ones? When I first started at this job, Sean was 7 weeks and I had to work 4 hours in the office every day for 2 weeks then I went to 3 hours for a month and I had to pump once while I was at work. Thursdays I would bring him with me and he would sleep in the chemo room or play with his little floor gym thingy so Thursdays were great!!! But that wouldn't have worked for long as he became mobile!!! Thankfully by then I was totally at home. Anyhows, hope it works out and we will still be here for you!!!

Ginny, sorry your rugrats were not so good! What age group do you drive? Is it elementary only or do you drive for different schools? My SIL had thought about driving a bus as she has 2 little girls but nothing ever came of it. Anyhows, hope they were better today.

Spryng, I'm interested in your lateral thigh thingy. You'll have to let us know how it works and if it is something you will stick with. I am with exercise equipment as I am with hobbies!!! I use them for a week then it could be months before I get them out again. Same with the videos. I really need to do better. What I really need is something to whip my body into shape. I am the thinnest I've been in forever but my belly and thighs are just gross. I can't stand to look at them in the mirror and I definitely am dreading a bathing suit at this point. So if you machine works, I want to know!!!

Geri, dinner sounded yummy but don't you just hate it when people try to make you feel bad for treating your body good? I've had to really deal with that as far as my kids are concerned since we changed the way we eat. Am I a bad mom because my kids eat salad instead of fries and fruit instead of candy??? You sure would think so the way some people talk. Oh well, we are really proud of you for your self-control!!! You are a changed woman since Dr. Phil got a hold of you!!!

Andrea, so good to hear from you. I was a little worried that you might be having a rough time with Dh settling into his new job. Good that you've been keeping busy though. So what are you going to do with the spare room? I really need to do some painting on this house before we get hot and heavy into the new house. Have you ever seen that roller thing that has a tube that feeds paint to it? I heard it works wonderfully. If there is anything we can do to help you feel better, just let us know!!!

Ricci, nice that your mom is so close and you can help her out. Hope you'll hear something from the salon soon. How many hours a week are you interested in working?

Penny, did you have a bunch of kids at your house today? How many are in the group? I used to do something like that with a friend of mine. It was just her 2 girls but my kids loved it. She moved though and so did my other friend and now they are both 20-30 minutes away. Anyways, hope you had a great day.

Well, I'm off. Gotta go get dinner. I went shopping for Sean some dress clothes today. Man are little boys dress clothes expensive! On sale and I had a 15% off coupon and still spent $75 on a suit, a 4 piece pants,vest, shirt and tie, another shirt and tie combo and a shirt. The suit was $35 but he should be able to wear it for a while. The 4 was too small and the 5 was kinda big so I guess I'll need to get my mom to hem it or something. We'll see. Anyhows, had a quizno's veggie sub for lunch and we're having a japanese/korean dinner. Gotta go fix it. TTYL!!!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:32 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon!

Dh is coming home tonight so I can't type for long, too much housework to be done. I'm going to have tuna sandwiches for supper. Just thought I would let all of you know! lol!

Candy, I have seen the roller with the paint fed to it. I've never used one though. I just do it the old fashioned way!

Ginny, I have always used WalMart paint cause it's about half the price and that's the only way Dh won't gripe about me painting so much. Then I also don't feel so bad about painting over it in a couple of years when I want something different. It runs about $11 dollars a gallon down here. The key is to be able to pick out a good color and sometimes it's trial and error. I got lucky this time!

Well I can't address you all cause I have to much work to do but I hope you all have a great night! Good luck on all of the wiegh-ins in the morning!
A&A's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:37 PM   #12  
2BoysMom

Hello ladies,

Andrea, so glad Dh is home tonight ... how long is he in for? I haven't tried the Walmart paint. I did buy Lucite from Menards because it was inexpensive (OK, it was CHEAP) but I didn't like the coverage. I've been using Dutch Boy ever since. Do you ever have to paint more than one coat with the Walmart paint?

Candy, I think it makes people feel good when they ride you about doing something good because they're feeling guilty...did that come out right ? You know what I mean?? It didn't really bother me too much anyway...to each their own!

Melinda, I'm with you about getting rid of people who don't support your plan...it would mean getting rid of my Mom!! Couldn't do that...it's not that she doesn't support it...she just doesn't think there is anything wrong with bringing chocolate into my house but that's my Mom! She did comment that I'm getting skinny today. She was being nice...but my pants are fitting looser already and it's nice that she noticed. Hope you enjoyed CATS...I have never seen it.

Spryng and Ricci...it was nice chatting with you for a bit today. It's been a while for me. Spryng, enjoy your trip tomorrow. Ricci, try to get a little rest from packing!!

Well I finished the bathroom tonight so I'm posting the during wallpaper removal and after pictures plus a picture of the fish rug I got at Target that I just adore. The blue on the walls looks a lot different in the pic...it's much brighter. So, one project is finally done! Now I just have to get the motivation to tackle the next one. I don't get much done during the day with the kids...as you all are well aware of! By night time I'm bushed. I stayed out too late last night so I'm heading off to bed early tonight.

Have a good one and sorry if I missed anyone!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sm Bathroom Before 1.jpg (2.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Fish 1.jpg (2.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Fish Rug.jpg (3.1 KB, 53 views)
Old 03-25-2004, 10:39 PM   #13  
2BoysMom

If the pictures are too small I'll try it again in the morning...I'm too tired to figure it out now!
Old 03-25-2004, 11:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Geri, the pictures are small, I can't wait to see the larger versions of them! It looks great from what I can see. What will be your next project??
Andrea, enjoy your DH being home!! Mine will be in olathe tomorrow and I really want to go see him but I've already made plans. Ugh. I'm torn right now. I know my BF would be fine if I came saturday instead of tomorrow but then it would be my luck that DH would get to the yard and then get sent right back out. So I guess I'll go see my BF as planned. I had tuna sandwiches yesterday for the first time in months! I finally broke down and bought some miracle whip free and the sandwiches were only 2 pts each!! And filling.
Candy, I will let you all know how I like the lateral thigh machine. I think I will really like it. It will come with two workout videos or you can just set it up in front of the tv and use while watching a show (which I'm sure I will love!) here is two sites on it if anyone wants to check it out, this first one has a short clip that shows how it works and the second is the infomercial review site if you want to read about what others thought of it. http://www.asseenontv-shoppe.com/lat...ightrainer.htm http://www.fitnessinfomercialreview.com/ And I know what you mean about being the thinnest you've ever been but still hate the mirror. My thighs and lower abs need toning and my inner thighs could use some attention too, lol. So I'm hoping this machine is everything it says it is. Can't wait until it comes in!!
Melinda, I think chinese has lots of MSG too. The sodium makes me thirsty for hours after eating it. Which I guess is a good thing because it flushes my system out. I hope you enjoyed it!! I love chinese food.
Well, my lean cuisine pizza was really good. Dipped it in some FF ranch dressing. I got in all my water today and now all I can do is pray my WI goes well tomorrow. But I just know I'll see a gain. O-well. I will try doubly hard this next week.
Well, got to get in bed. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:17 AM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies,

Today was a crazy day

Candy
What kind of supper did you make that was japanese/korean. I have never had either type. Hope the suit last a while Kids grow soooo fast

Melinda,
How was the show???? Hope you enjoyed it!

Andrea,
Hope you are enjoying your paint colors you picked and your hubby coming home

Geri,
I LOVE THE PICCCCCCSSSSS!!!! From what I can see, so far I have the kids bath done in tropical fish and love it!!!! Great work! WANNA do mine?????

Spryng,
Glad you enjoyed supper! You gotta post a new pic so we can see this tan Hope your scale is good to you in the morning. And enjoy your trip to see your friend!!!

I am with you girl!!!! I am going to bust my butt this next week!!!! I am at 172.5 right now and wanna be in the 160s again bad!!! I am so stupid, I weighed in Tuesday thinking it was Thursday....lol Told you I was sick.....lol Well I weighed in morning (which is actually my weigh in day) and behold my scale was down more (go figure but heck I will take it!!!)

How much calories does "lovin'" burn??? LOL LOL LOL LOL

BTW,
Candy.....
Neither woman and kids showed up today! Go figure. I will call tomorrow to make sure everything is ok with them. It is not like either of them. I met things woman off babycenter.com about 4 years ago and we have done playgroup ever since! We started off with 3 kids b/t the three of us and now we have 7! And we occasionally have girls night out

Have a great night everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote