General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 08:40 AM   #1  

Anyone using this or have tried this? If so, did you like the results?

I have been using it for 2 weeks, and just wanted to talk with others who ARE or HAVE used it.
Old 05-11-2001, 09:32 AM   #2  

Default hi

have you checked out the www. healthboards.com there are alot of posts for it. I am not
taking it right now but i have heard about it. I am going to try metabolift which is the same
ingredients and see how it works. I would love to hear how it works for you.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:46 AM   #3  

thanks! I will check it out
Old 05-15-2001, 03:37 PM   #4  

Hi- I have been taking Xenadrine for about 3 weeks, in conjunction with Weight Watchers. Prior to taking it, I was losing roughly 1.5 pounds per week. For the past two weeks, I have lost 3.5 and 3.2, respectively, without doing anything differently with my eating or exercise, so I've had success with it. I would suggest, however, that you take a multi-vitamin, and also consider using it for two weeks on, two weeks off (so your body doesn't adjust to it). This is what the man at GNC suggested, and I believe i read these tips on another message board as well. Good Luck!
Old 05-15-2001, 04:18 PM   #5  

Default hi

Hi, I was looking around the internet and you are right it says you should go 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off
for a better weight loss and so that your body keeps working. THey say you should do this with all
fat burners. I also read that you also got good results by just cutting the dose in half.

i was taking metabolift and when i was taking one i felt fine but on two i didn;t like how i felt so i stop taking it because i thought it would work. But i read that i does work even if you cut the dosage in half becasue it is so strong and with all the herbal medicine. so i am going to buy some tomorrow and see how it works. Did you guys knwo that you can also buy it at walmart.

bye
Old 05-15-2001, 05:11 PM   #6  

I am so glad that you both responded.

I am on my 3rd week. I keep the bottle at work, and Friday when I left I forgot my weekend dosage. So I got a good 2 days off. I had to remember to not pig out over the weekend, but I really didn't have to put a lot of thought into it. Yesterday, I was zipping around and talking really fast because of not taking them for 2 days.

I really got myself back on track in February with both dieting and exercising (no diet supplements) and believe it or not I saw virtually no results. One day I would look thinner and then the next fatter.

I really looked into this and read both the good and the bad to see whether this was worth the gamble. I have read that taking aspirin and drinking caffeinated beverages help maximize the results. I tried it with and without and really saw no difference.

I have tried Metabo____, choose life, lift, or lize, and diet fuel in the past and they all gave me horrible stomach pains and cramps, so I ended up taking them back.

These are not affecting me in a bad way. I am not experiencing the rapid heartbeat alot of people say they get. I still get a normal nights rest, but I do have more energy and am able to shove off from the table sooner.

I do take a women's one a day daily. That also helps in the energy department.

So far, I am afraid to weigh, I have easily lost half a pant size though. I have a couple pairs of jeans that 3 weeks ago I had to lay on the bed in order to zip them and now they are just a little snug in the hips everywhere else they fit me normal. So they do work.

The only thing that bothers me about these is I don't want to eat at all, I honestly don't think about it. So I have to remember to eat dinner at night. I have heard Metabolife users say the same thing.

Well I better get to the gym, to burn off some of this energy, please keep in touch and let me know how your weightloss continues to go.

I will check out Walmart too
Old 05-15-2001, 06:55 PM   #7  

Default hi

I also read that you need to drink your water with these pills. If you get side effects it might be
because of lack of water. I also read that you should only stay on it for a month them go off
it for a little while. How much did you pills cost?

like you i have tryed everyday , every exercise , diet aids and nothing happened. I weigh more
than i ever have. SO i am willing to try xenadrine and see what happens.

bye
Old 05-15-2001, 06:59 PM   #8  

THe other thing i read was not to take the xenadrine with juice and a vitamin a girl did
that i was sick all day.

bye
Old 05-16-2001, 05:27 PM   #9  

wwgal:

I got a bottle of Xenadrine at GNC for $24, I believe. I think it was on sale, though. It is usually around $30 for 120 pills.

If you get a gold discount card from GNC (I do not work for GNC, just offerning up a tidbit of info! :-), you get 20% off that day, and then on the first Tuesday of each month, you get 20% off of anything in the store, so you would end up paying about $24.00 a bottle. If you do the half-dosage, or the two weeks on, two weeks off, a bottle will last you 2 months.
Old 05-16-2001, 08:46 PM   #10  

I also found it at target for $24.99
Old 05-16-2001, 09:21 PM   #11  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Take care...

While most of the manufacturers of ma huang/ephedra products recommending using the product for up to 12 weeks at a time, it may interest you to know that the FDA recommended that no more than 25 mg of ephedra per day for no more than a week. The ephedra industry of course stands to lose a great deal of money from this recommendation, so they are fighting it...here's an interesting Salon.com article:

http://www.salon.com/health/feature/...dra/index.html

In addition, since there is no regulating of the 'nutritional/herbal supplements' industry, there's really no telling as to how much of the active ingredient you're actually getting - maybe none, maybe way more than you should have (just check out the article).

Interesting...
Old 05-17-2001, 07:57 PM   #12  

Default hi

Hi

well i found xendrine at target department store for 24.99 today. I only took one because it
was late in the afternoon by the time i got home. I can;t believe how good i feel with just one
i have more energy and i am not hungry. My kids are eatting icecream right now and i am
not even tempted to eat any. HOpefully this will work for me. has anyone weight themselves
to see how much they lost.
Old 05-18-2001, 03:38 PM   #13  

How is everyone doing. I am great. Last night i actually had the energy to walk and to
do some weight training. THis is great.
Old 05-21-2001, 03:35 PM   #14  

WWgal -- the day that you posted that you knew someone that took it with juice who got sick, I had taken mine with juice and I had a very upset tummy all day. So I guess it is probably true.

I was on a mini vacation from Thursday-Sunday and stopped taking it during this time to give myself a break. I really don't think that my eating changed any at all while off of it. I just had to make smart healthy choices, like any other dieter.

I am embarrassed to say what I paid for mine, now that I am seeing these posts of $24.99. Ok, $45.00. It costs that everywhere around here. I have not though, checked Walmart (or Target). If it is cheaper there then I will be purchasing it there.

I am back on it today, and ready to get back on track.

How is everyone doing?
Old 05-22-2001, 06:21 AM   #15  

What is this stuff? I haven't heard of it. Is it like Metabolite? I tried the Metabolite (only 1 a day), and it doesn't help me. Can you list the ingredients, so I can compare it?
Closed Thread