Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 12:58 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Smile

Well I am off to the airport in a few minutes~~~~~
Lauren was right--married life is great!~~~Just hope it stays like this forever~~~~~~~~~~~~
We will be in Paris tomorrow at 11am ~~~~~~
See ya'll in 2 weeks~~~~~~
Mrs Refman!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2001, 06:04 PM   #2  

Hi all.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Our ww leader challenged us to do one thing different this week. My thing is that I am not weighing until weigh in day. That's a biggie.

I'm back to journaling and staying op since I'm home this week too.

And I'm at 295 miles. Although our mile tracker has left on her honeymoon!

See ya - Rabbit
Old 05-14-2001, 08:52 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone. I'm still here, checking in after a hectic couple of weeks getting through finals and feeling just awful about my eating and lack of exercise. I'm going on a driving vacation from Denver to Seattle with two girlfriends; we leave on Wednesday. But after I get home, I intend to get out of this slump. My friend bought Thin For Life for me for my birthday; I'm taking it and will try to figure out what is the big hangup as far as my weight and body image is concerned.

Here's something to think about: I just went to a nicer athletic club and signed up because I absolutely hate the gym I belong to now. The saleswoman who gave me a tour was so kind and we were discussing my erratic eating. She said, "Remember that what you do today will show up three weeks from now. If you overeat today, you'll see the results in three weeks. If you exercise and eat healthily, that's when you'll see the real results, not the temporary ones." That's what I'm going to think about today.

When I get home from Seattle, I'm coming right back to this board. Happy spring.

Love,

Sonya
Old 05-14-2001, 09:25 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Mrs. Refman- I was holding my breath, having absolute faith in you that you would walk down that aisle and become Mrs. Refman!! I am soo happy for you!! Hope you're having a wonderful time on the honeymoon!!

Sonya- Good to see you!! I like what that sales lady told you. I am going to think about that.

Rabbit- You can do it...stay away from the scale!!

Hope all you mothers had a great Mother's Day!! I was bugging DH about a baby yesterday...I wanna be a mommy!! He just laughs at me and says, you just want a mother's day card!! LOL, told him by September I wanna start trying.

I lost a pound!! Don't know how I did it, because I was awful last week! I really need to get back on the wagon!

Have a great day all!!
Old 05-14-2001, 02:49 PM   #5  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all and happy Monday....

Well, it's finally time to face the music... I've "amended" my profile to show my vacation fun and have started journaling faithfully today. So far, so good.

Sonya - Wave when you fly over Oregon (if you do!). I think what the lady at the health club said is a good way of keeping you focused on the future. The Ho-Ho may not get you now... but it will... eventually, it will....

Rabbit - Hang in there with the scale challenge. Funny... when I was eating like a pig I had no problem not weighing... funny how that works huh?

RR - Have fun!!!! See ya when you get back, oui?

LBH - Congrats on the gift of 1 pound!

I have started the process of getting my house in - calling well drillers, septic... I may have found my house too. I'm going to go look at it again today. Spin around in it... see how it feels....

I also got to "meet" my kitten Saturday. Demeter (the momma kitty) is due in 2 weeks and she's so huge that you can see the kittens moving in her tummy. I'm trying to think of names now. Not sure if it'll be male or female - but it WILL have extra toes. All her previous litters have had bet 7-9 toes on each paw . Any ideas???

Later Gators!

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 05-14-2001 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-14-2001, 04:22 PM   #6  

Terri, the first major destination of our trip is Portland so that we can go to Powells, the world's best book store. We're driving from Denver to Salt Lake to Boise to Portland to Seattle to Yellowstone to home, all in 8 days. I'll be waving, but from the car, not the plane. See you soon.

Sonya
Old 05-14-2001, 06:14 PM   #7  

HI all. So far so good on staying away from the scale. I decided to think about how I'm doing rather than how the scale says I'm doing.

Sonya - let me know what you think of that thin for life book! Interesting about the 3 weeks thing. Have fun on your trip!

Lauren - congrats on the pound lost.

Punkin - Ha! Me too!

have a great day!

Rabbit
Old 05-15-2001, 10:14 AM   #8  
LBH

Hi All,

I am soo weak!! UHG!! I went to softball with DH last night and then pizza afterwords and totally overdid it!! I shoulda had a salad and one piece, but instead, I had 3 pcs. of pizza!! WHAT is the matter with me?! DUH, think Lauren!!

Terri- Congrats on the kitty!! Do you have any others? They sound interesting! LOL!! My cat almost got sent to the moon last night, crawling around the bed! I don't mind, but DH almost launched him!!

Sonya- Have a great trip! I want to make it off the east coast one of these years!

Have a great day all!
Old 05-15-2001, 11:24 AM   #9  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello everyone! 1 day back on program!!!!

Well, it's official - I have found my house. I made my decision yesterday. I love it, it's perfect and I'm so scared/excited/nervous I can't sleep. I'm going to work it so that the house is ready when I get back from my trip to CA (yes, another) in July. Maybe move in August...

LBH - I have one cat. Ochoco adopted me almost 2 years ago. She was living under my Mom's front deck and would let me (only me) feed her. Our vet said she's a Maine Coon cat - she's about 17 pounds, very talkative, and loving - to a fault sometimes (ever try to extracate yourself from a 17 pound cat on your lap!?). I've been telling her she's going to get a little brother or sister - all she said was "meow" (I think she's ok with it)

Back to work,

Terri
Old 05-15-2001, 01:46 PM   #10  
LBH

LOLOL!! Terri- You're too funny, I'm sure she'll be OK with it!! Hopefully it's a boy...they get along better w/ the opposite sex! My friend had a Maine Coon cat...well, he was a mix, but pretty much Maine Coon. I love them because they're big and loveable lap cats! Her's was about 17lbs. too. My cat is just a domestic long hair, but alot of people think he's a Maine Coon. I'll have to post a pic of him. Actually, I think I have a pic of him and my old dog on my www.picturetrail.com site, in the family pics album! His fur is not thick like the Maine Coon, and he's indoor, so he doesn't get the thick winter coat either.

Well, I've been on lunch for about an hour and 3/4, so I guess I better get some work done! Oh, does your house have a website? Did you get a pre-fab?
Old 05-15-2001, 02:28 PM   #11  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello again!

LBH - You'll have to send me your name for the picturetrail site so I can go to your area (I guess that's how it works?). Yes, I got a manufactured house. But it's a little different - it's mostly built before it's put on the property, THEN they do all the tape n' texturing, carpets, painting, dormers, etc... on site. I've attached a floor plan of "my" house, but it's not exact. There's dormers in my house in both the front room and dining room with 1/2 round windows on top of the normal ones. There's a garden tub in the guest bath and the 4th bedroom is converted into a den. The master bath is configured a little different too (better, imo). Also, the side door comes off my morning room, not out of the utility room like this floor plan... But, it's close enough for ya'll to see pretty close what it looks like!

http://www.emeraldlifestyle.com/model6405.html

Terri
Old 05-15-2001, 03:32 PM   #12  

Hi all. I'm doing okay this week I think. Not great, but okay. I'm up a few points for the week, but better than I have been doing - because I'm journaling again.

Punkin - congrats on the house! How exciting!

Tonight starts my new yoga class!!

Rabbit
Old 05-16-2001, 06:01 PM   #13  

Surprising that no one has posted since yesterday afternoon!

Really liked my new yoga class - it was interesting.

Yesterday I only had 20 points! Wow - that is really something for me.

OK, better go and get started on dinner.

Rabbit
Old 05-16-2001, 08:38 PM   #14  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. Things have been quiet around here lately. I've been working, going to school and working in the yard. That's about it.

Rabbit: Yoga can definitely be interesting!! I tried it once, but our teacher was big on the philosophying, rather than the physical part. Glad you enjoyed it.

Lauren: How is the new position? Hope it's interesting!

Terri: Congrats on the house!! That is totally cool!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!

Old 05-17-2001, 09:09 AM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

I agree it's been very quiet around here!

Rabbit- Congrats on eating less pts., but obviously don't make a habit of only eating 20!! That's not in your range, is it? Maybe it is, since they changed things, I don't know?! :confused:

Karen- The new position is ok. It keeps me fairly busy, most of the time. Right now I'm such a mess with my sinus', alll I wanna do is shoot myself!! I have not heard from the office mgr. about the job description I gave her, that she was gonna talk to the VP about. And the OM is out until Tuesday. Was hoping she'd talk to her this week, but I guess it'll have to wait. People around here, that I work with now, annoy me.

Terri- Just go to www.picturetrail.com and type in LBH in the place that it says what album to visit!! There's one pic of the kids!

Have a great day all!
Closed Thread