Old 03-22-2004, 11:32 PM   #1  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Smile Chit Chat #38

Hello and welcome to all newcomers as well as the old friends. We are a very chatty group who support each other in the ups and downs of our path to a strong, fit and healthy body.

Given that Spring is supposedly here and its below zero tonight in the northeast, I figured I would toss in a request for warmer weather prayers...at the very least lets chip in and buy Old Man Winter a train ticket to South America.
fropvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:35 PM   #2  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

BTW, if we could leave the thread title as is, I would greatly appreciate it...I REALLY REALLY REALLY dislike the numbered threads. I know we are all a smart bunch of cookies, so we can figure out that the spring thread is the current thread.
fropvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 12:20 AM   #3  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening ladies

I told another friend of mine about this place...her name is Becky. I worked with her at Pennington's and hopefully she got the job at BDL with me! Shes great, she too is a WW person.

Kathy, Im from Sylvan...but born and raised in the NWT. Monte worked for Highway 9 for a short period between Dairyland and McGavins...he moved us to Calgary for Westons.
I got alot of family in Edmonton,,,if ever you want a really funky hairstyle let me know...my cousin Tanyia is in Edmonton. Worth the drive.

What an insane day...cleaned as much as I could this morning before work. Then work was OMG (help me) busy. I got a 10 min break the whole day. Must of known subconciously that the realitor would be by today,,,and she was...thank goodness I cleaned. WEnt to my chiropractor...ahhhh he used the big massager...let me tell you that was close to obscene as I can get with him...lol

Kaycee, Don the eye DR is weird shaped...hes shorter then me,,,with this HUGE head. Not at all proportioned to his body. And i think hes gets a kick out of tormenting me with this one machine...I can't rest my chin on the thingy...my ummm chest is in the way so I look really dumb trying to STRETCH my neck to get close enough for him to look into my eyes.

So Kat can you rest a bit after all those late night homeworks?

I have to take Brandon to the Podiatrist...he has this *gag really bad ingrown toenail and really sore ankles...from being flat footed.

Well I need to get to bed...
ta ta everyone
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 12:25 AM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default Happy Birthday

me me me do ray me fa so la tea do.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIIIIIIIIIRTHHH DAYYY TO SSSSSSSSUUUUSANNNNN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

LOVE ANGIE AND DA BOYS...AND SKITTLES
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 03:38 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Smile

Hello ladies--

Been kicked off the computer the last couple days...James bought a DVD burner and video capture card so we could transfer out video's onto DVD's. That's going to be cool. So every time I would get on the computer I would have to log off. So that's where I have been. (he's at work now and Jhanai is in bed, so I have time before I hit the hay)

I have lost track who all said who and after a couple days of being away it's hard to keep up!! Crazy!

My weekend was pretty good. James and I finally borrowed a lawn mower.. I now don't have to worry and hide my self in shame!! Plus....we don't lose our dogs in the back yard!! (well, most of it anyway.....)

I went and bought Jhanai a dress the other day, and some shoes. She looks so cute!! Now...if only men could wear dresses, then I could find James a really cute one since they're on sale everywhere!!

I better get myself to sleep. I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Let you know I'm still around....although I may not be after Wednesday....I have to go celebrate that I'm married!!!

Night ladies...
And I will try to post tomorrow.

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:00 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies!

Kat - thanks for starting the new thread! And no, we don't have to number them. Someone did comment that they like the numbers, so if they are used in the future, just grin and bear it. I also like them, because it gives a history, sort of, of how far the Jaded Ladies have come. Maybe we can compromise and use "spring # whatever..."

Angie - hope your friend Becky joins us.... just be sure to warn her how crazy it is in here! Oh, a massage sounds so good! Any nibbles on the house? Any nibbles on you from the masseuse, lol?

Marti - ohmygosh, you have to be getting so excited!! I'm sure James will be very handsome in whatever he wears, but I'm hoping it won't be a dress, lol. What does Jhania's dress look like? I thought of you and Shanna when I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday, looking at scrapbook stuff.

Susan - it seems strange to come here in the morning and not see a post by you.... hope all is well!

We brought my 9 y/o nephew home with us yesterday from Evansville. He is on spring break, and loves to visit here because we aren't real picky what he eats or how often he bathes.

I really, really have to think about cleaning up this house! It needs swept and dusted and put back in order! My priorities have changed, though, and having fun instead is ....well.....more fun, lol.

ttfn,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:30 AM   #7  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone.

Just thought I would pop in quick and wish everyone a great day.

Susan Happy birthday to you also.
Angie wow you sound great, just like Cristina Aguelara (sp?)

Have a super day everyone.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:37 AM   #8  

Thumbs down Good News/ Bad News

Good News= I am on a trial that's gonna last a week so I don't have to go back to the pit of evil until next week! Bad News= Oh wait, there ain't any bad news!!!!!

Susan- Well, I'd sing Happy Birthday to ya, but I don't wanna scare the dogs. I'll just quietly say Happy Birthday! We have a place near Hardy that we go to every chance we get. It's about a hundred acres. We have a small camper up there and we go hunting, fishing, four-wheeler riding, hiking, etc. Absolutely love it. To look at this big old woman, you wouldn't think she's an outdoors type. Where are you this morning? It seems weird that you haven't posted yet.

Kat- See... told ya you'd do fine. (Although I must say you're probably gonna have a great garden this year from all the BS you're probably slinging around! Nothing like panic to get the old adrenaline and BS gland going! ) Glad you were able to throw together your questionaire. You'll do just fine today. Good luck on this one too!

Jana- Glad you had fun. A strawberry slushie shouldn't be too bad. I agree that you should postpone that nasty old housework just as long as possible and enjoy yourself.

Cristi- Yeah, I really like the McCain Mall. That's the one we were going to go to before we changed our mind. We'll probably go there when school gets out for the summer. It is usually quiet and it's really easy to get to from my house. You don't have to go uptown into all that horrible traffic.

Angie- Egads! Eye doctor.... podiatrist... chiropractor.... are you trying to land a rich doctor or something? (If you are trying to dump the current DH, I wonder who is gonna get custody of the free beer?!? LOL Boy, that's gonna be one nasty custody battle! Don't worry though- I'll testify on your behalf. ) Are you sure Becky knows what she's getting into over here? Tell her to come on over.

Marti- Sure...... you've been having computer problems, huh? We all know you've been practicing for the honeymoon! *snicker* And.... uh.... James is cute and all.... but really hon.... with those hairy legs.... well, just try to keep him out of a mini skirt! (You do know he's gonna be a widower before he's even married cuz he's gonna kill ya if he sees these posts! )

Before I get off here, I simply must know: HOW'S FREDDIE?!? *sniff*

Tim took Vallory to the babysitters and my SIL took Landon to school so I have an extra hour and half this morning! Woo Hoo! Gonna go eat a bagle and drink some coffee! Later girlies!

Last edited by Kayecee; 03-23-2004 at 08:50 AM.
Kayecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:45 AM   #9  

Kathy- Sorry I missed you! I really think with Angie's hair, she's probably closer to Pink than Christina! (FYI for those who don't know Pink- She is a singer whose hair is a bright pink color.) I thought Angie sounded absolutely marvelous. What are you gonna be doing today? Hope you have a lovely Tuesday.

And HI to anyone else I missed!
Kayecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:54 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Ok, even if it is a couple of days early, I'll jump on the band wagon, too.

Happy Birthday Susan!!

Kathy - hope you have a great day, too. When you want to fill out a bio, we'd love to know more about you.

Kayecee - you make the third Jaded Lady to be in court recently. And I was there for 2 seperate things! Here come da judge, here come da judge - rememebr Laugh In? Sammy Davis Jr in the powdered wig?? Btw, I went to DWLZ and checked out the slushie - it was 6.5 points. And worth every one!

bbl,
Jana
Old 03-23-2004, 09:43 AM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile Happy Tuesday~

Good Morning Ladies~

I was a little confused with the title of the thread this morning, but then it is early for me and I haven't had my diet coke. I must say-I still prefer the Chit Chat #__. I am totally with Jana on this that the numbers are kind of a history. Hmmm, maybe we all should take a vote on a whether we need a new title or not w/numbers of course?? What do you think about that Jana? Even though I am used to Chit Chat-it is short and to the point.

Kat~see my pm about the title. Glad you made it through yesterday.

Jana~I don''t blame you for putting off the house work. Why do housework when you can have fun?! It is supposed to be nice here today-74 but the wind is supposed to be blowing about the same-74 mph! Okay, maybe not 74 mph but pretty close. It makes it really hard to walk out doors.

Marti~2 days to go, well actually one.

Susan~okay, since everyone else is sending B-Day wishes I will too-a very
HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY to you!! Hope your day is a special one-Thursday.

Kayecee~I was supposed to do jury duty many years ago in LA-ummm, no thanks! I got out of it by saying someone else depended on me for childcare-which they did but could have gotten out of it. Hey, Pink doesn't have pink hair any more-she went black last I saw, I think it is dark brown now. I kind of liked the pink on her and it fit her. I always thought that was why she named herself pink because of her hair but that wasn't it at all.

Angie~sounds like you are liking your new job-which is good. How is the new house coming along? Any potential buyers for yours?

Hiya Kathy & everyone else I missed

I couldn't sleep this morning for some reason, woke up at 5 am. Rolled around till a little before 7 and thought I might as well get up. The construction is going to start in a few and they are going to wake me up anyway. I got up and they didn't show up! Figures. Oh well, I like to get an early start to my day and need to start getting up this early every morning. I just don't know what to do with myself. Well, there is scrapbooking to do, reading, walking, etc...

Take care ladies and have a GREAT day! See ya later...
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:54 AM   #12  
One day at a time

Someone (Jana?) mentioned to Kathy about her bio-just wanted to let ya know she has done one. I posted after her...
Old 03-23-2004, 09:58 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up My 2 cents worth....

YAY!!!! I'm glad to see the thread name changed back, Cristi, and totally agree that we were doing fine with the Chit Chat # ___! If there is to be a change, we should all vote on it! Personally, my vote is for keeping it the way it is - it's short and to the point.

Jana
Old 03-23-2004, 10:27 AM   #14  
One day at a time

Default My 2 cents also...

and my vote also is to keep things as they are.

Jana~I remember Sammy Davis JR-here come da judge...I was watching, I think E!, and they were talking about Goldie Hawn and a lot about Laugh In-I watched that show all the time.

I swear I am getting off this , really.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:04 PM   #15  

Height: 5'1"

Wow!! Were you all on at the same time?? I feel like I'm getting behind! And that NEVER happens!!!!

TOMORROW is my day!! Can you believe it? Ok you all may believe it but I'm having a hard time that my Spring Break is flying by awfully fast!!

Today I have to do the laundry and "kind of" get the house in order. Kind of meaning....I'm really not into doing that right now but it needs done,,,,so I may only do it half-a$$@# today!

I also have to go and talk to my advisor today about getting enrolled for next term. Why would she pick this day?? Actually, she doesn't know I'm getting married so that may be the reason why.

I would do individuals but you girls are all yappin away so happily I thought I would just wait until I actually have time to catch up on all my reading.

Ok...I got to get my day started. Oh....as far as the title goes...it doesn't matter to me, but it does help me see where we're at when I see "chit chat # whatever we're on."

Maybe Kat, you can post a few different titles you would like to see and then we can do a vote.....some sort of poll. (I've never done one of those!) We'd like to see EVERYONE here happy.

Ok....off I go girls

Hello to you all!!

Marti

BTW... Kathy...so glad to see you posting!! I'm glad you decided to join us.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote