Old 03-21-2004, 01:45 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Taking it 1 week at a time #1

I decided today to get back on track to lose weight and I like the idea of trying to do one goal for an entire week. With this support group each person can post his or her goal(s) that he or she wants to do all week (it could be to exercise 30 minutes a day, to drink 64 oz of water per day, stay within calorie or point range, etc). The point is to motivate eachother to stick with it all week.
So, my goal for this week is to not eat dessert. For me this means any cookies, cakes, ice cream, candy, etc. But it does not include fruit or yogurt. Ok, starting today and hopefully going all week (and hopefully more than that!) that's what I'm going to do!

So post your goals and let's start this week off right!
beachkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 02:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/177.8/135

Height: 5 feet and one inch!

I think that is a GREAT idea. I always get so overwhelmed by the long term, that i forget that there are things that I can accomplish today. My goal for this week is to get to the gym 5 times and drink 2 litres of water a day. Good luck with your goal, it can be sooo hard to give up the treats but I know you can do it!!
impixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 02:48 PM   #3  

Default Jumping Aboard!

Hi - I am sooo glad u started this thread. I used to be in a week-at-a-time group that disappeared long before the crash. I think this thread is just what I am looking for.

I am in my second week of 100 oz of water a day; 20 min of treadmill (or other cardio activity). Would like to continue those goals with this group. I need to add something for this week, but I need to think about it.

beachkid - thanks for starting this - YGG - you go girl!

impixy - we can do this together a day and a week at a time!

mscat
sw238/cw230/gw140
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 04:57 PM   #4  

I'm so glad there's interest
impixy, those sound like great goals. I'm also working on 30 minutes of cardio a day but I didn't make it an official goal this week. Just starting with the sweets, maybe next week I'll add on another one. This is all about babysteps, right?
mscat, the goals you have already can work for this group but if you want to add on more that's great, too!!

We can do this--one week at a time!
Old 03-22-2004, 06:18 PM   #5  

Ok...well now it's monday, girls, and how are y'all doing? sticking with your goals?

I'm proud to say that I have been! Last night my dad brought out some macaroons and I deftly declined go me! And nothing for dessert today either...and I plan to keep it that way after dinner tonight.

I'd love to hear how you are doing impixy and mscat and any newcomers who'd like to join us!!

Good luck to all!
Old 03-22-2004, 09:00 PM   #6  

way to go on saying no!! one of my biggest problems is that my boyfriend purposely tempts we with yummy foods. i made it through my goals today. drank two litres of water and did a really intense work out at the gym. here's to tomorrow!!
melissa
Old 03-22-2004, 10:20 PM   #7  

Default Checking in!

Hi!

Sounds like we all have had a good start to the week. I completed my exercise this a.m., just finished my 100 oz of water, and I stuck to my program all day with the exception of a few jelly beans I mindlessly ate from the receptionist's candy jar.

Despite all my good behavior - I seem to have picked up another pound. I am getting frustrated with this MWL program. I am almost certain that it does not have enough protein for me but we will give it to the end of the week. I have been on the program (unfortunately off and on due to illnesses, etc.) since June of last year and I have never broke 224.

I gave it a rest in November, read a book called "energy up" by High Voltage which promotes carbless eating. I lost 14 lbs and hit 220. I think I want to go back to that and drop MWL. Any opinions?

Have a great evening.

mscat
sw238/cw229/gw140
Old 03-23-2004, 03:16 PM   #8  

Default Terrific Tuesday

Just a quick update - having a fabulous Tuesday and a great week. I got on the scale and was down 3 lbs.! However, I have decided that the iron monster is not my friend. That number could easily go up by this evening and I could be down in the dumps. So part of this week's challenge includes avoiding the scale.

Gotta weigh in at MWL 3 times this week but after today I will tell them to keep my numbers to themselves! I am MAD about it - Motivated and Determined.

Who wants to be MAD with me? Check in and share what you are MAD about this week!

mscat
sw238/last reported cw226/gw140
Old 03-23-2004, 09:05 PM   #9  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey Ya'll! May I join?! I need a serious KICK in the fanny! I am trying to set some little goals and stick to them.... I'm thinking that this thread is the answer!

My goals for the week are:
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:12 PM   #10  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Yikes sorry....got so excited that I guess I pushed something wrong...

DUHHHH....nice entrance, huh?! You can just call me Grace! LOL

What I was gonna say before I began punching buttons like a fool wasssss....

My goals for the week are:
1. nothing but water to drink.... I'm not trying to set records on the amount right now...I'm just trying to get that Diet Code Red Mountain Dew monkey off my back!
2. MOVE..... ANYTHING for at least 30 minutes a day! ANYTHING, girl...just try!
3. eat with control and thought. ARGHHHHH....

Anywhooo there are my goals for this week! I'll check in tomorrow to cheer you guys on with your progress! YOU can do it!

In my best Scarlett voice, "Tomorrow IS another day!" Make the most of it!
take care,
Robyn the HatterasMermaid
215.5 sw / 178.5 cw / 150gw
Old 03-23-2004, 09:18 PM   #11  

Default 2 day down!! i'm on a roll

hey guys!
thumbs up to everyone one who's making progress, and welcome to "Grace" . it was another successful day for myself: 2 litres of water and a great workout. ofcourse the success is probably because it's the beginning of the week...i don't do so well on the weekends. good luck to everyone tomorrow!!
melissa
Old 03-24-2004, 06:05 AM   #12  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Okey...lets see if I can "drive" this thing! I wanted to check in and cheer everyone on while I can say that I'm "successful" at my goals! So..."Go everyone!" I'm about to get going for the day....My water bottle is full. My meals for the day are planned. And I have NO soda in the house! Yipee! I can do this. You can do this!

Thanks for the welcome melissa...I will try to control my "Grace" from here on out....but I will tell you...sometimes I'm just so graceful I can't help myself! ...chortle...chortle...chortle!

I'm off to face the day!
Robyn
Old 03-24-2004, 05:44 PM   #13  

First I want a warm welcome to HatterasMermaid! You seem really enthusiastic and that's what we need to have a great support group--right on

mscat congrats on the loss!!
impixy, maybe if we all support eachother we can continue our good behavior through the weekend!

As for me, I've continued to resist dessert except last night after dinner I had one altoid tangerine sour. I can't imagine it being very many calories--they're tiny! so I don't think it was a big goof--I just wanted a different taste in my mouth and since we went out to dinner i couldn't brush my teeth or anything. And I did a good job at the restaurant I just had soup in a bread bowl and ate less than half the bowl and then some of my brother's cole slaw. Not bad I think. Meanwhile my brother and our friend were eating 10 oz hamburgers--does that not sound huge to anyone else?
Anyway...We ROCK!! woohoo...let's keep it up!
Old 03-24-2004, 09:18 PM   #14  

just a quick post for me...a little busy right now. i drank more than 2L of water and went to the gym (yea me!!). congrats to everyone. sorry this has to be so breif
melissa
Old 03-24-2004, 10:32 PM   #15  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Well gang, you kept me honest!

I drank my water.
I ate with my brain engaged.
I EVEN exercised for the 2nd night in a row.
....I nearly lost my mind with that darn MountainDewMonkey.... HE is screaming my name! hehehe

BUT....I did it!
Thank you for being here ...keeping me honest...and saying nice things! It makes a world of difference!

Tomorrow is another day! water, food, exercise....and of course NO Dew! gasp!
take care,
Robyn