View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 09:48 PM   #9
Leenie
Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking

They sure do treat you different and I think when we lose weight we tend to hold our heads higher, and confident, that does make the world look and react to you differently, can't blame folks for that or yourself.

Here's a little story.

My highest weight was 300 lbs, my lowest 150.

I used to hang out at this local pub/bar w/my friends. I started hanging there when I was 300 lbs or so. I would go there several times a week and for many years so I would see the same guys over and over. It took me about 1 1/2 years but I lost 150 lbs and these people watched me do it.

I remember this one guy who wouldn't give me the time of day when I was 300 lbs, when I was about 165 lbs or so, he decided I guess I was worth getting to know. For weeks I noticed him stairing at me and asking the bartender things.

Well one night I was with my girlfriend and we were sitting there at the bar watching TV when the bartender came over w/a drink and said it was from that guy.

I smiled at him, picked up the drink and dumped it down the bar drain right in front of him and everyone else (I was very angry inside and bitter)....... This is horrible but I figured, you know, you wouldn't give me the time of day then, don't bother with me now. I was VERY HURT, and I told the bartender this. Inside I was the same person weather it be 300 lbs or 150 lbs. I felt if I wasn't good enuf for you then, then don't bother me now.

There's much more to this story than what I've told you, it would take all day to write, but you get the jest.

YES...People treat you differently.

Did this make sense ?

Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
"I will try again tomorrow."
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote