For those of you who have seen my before and so far pictures, you know that I look pretty different. I'm happy about it, but now I'm noticing that I get treated differently in both positive and negative ways and it's making me very aware of the biases against others that people have.
Here are some examples:
* My youngest brother is struggling right now and so DH and I anonymously gave him a few hundred dollars at Christmas. This is not at all out of character for me, but when my dad found out about it, he went off on how much of a better person I've become since losing weight.
* I have started to notice that people are doing special favors for me all the time. And not just men.
* I have been told that I'm nicer, better, friendlier, etc by people who know me on an aquaintance lever, but those close to me assure me that I'm the same old person I've always been.
* On the same note, I've been told that I'm stuck up and think I'm better than everyone else.
* People who didn't want much to do with me before, now want to hang out with me. People who hung out with me before now don't want much to do with me.
Honestly, I don't think I'm any different that I've always been. I don't normally talk about my weight loss, eating habits, or exercise habits. I still just go out and do what I do. But it bothers me. So I have 2 questions:
1. Do people treat you differently because of how you look?
2. Do you treat other people differently because of how they look?