Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2001, 07:06 AM   #1  

Started a new thread...other one is way too far down the list and becoming not as visible...Anyone try the Pineapple Meatloaf I posted on last thread yet???? Anyone have any bar recommendations other than "LA Lites" Supposedly "Lean for Life" has exact same bar they use for their program as LA weightloss does. I guess there is a site for them somewhere. They are also much cheaper. Anyone else hear about that ?? If anyone knows more please post what u know...thanks LadyBugPlus
Old 05-13-2001, 09:40 AM   #2  

Default please continue this thread

I am not horning in here...please either start another thread on LA Weightloss or continue posting on this thread. Other one #26 has been inactive too long..thanks ladybugplus
Old 05-13-2001, 10:50 AM   #3  
choose it to loose it:)

I too am on the La plan. I am on the gold plan. But what I am finding now is that I have hit a plateau . I am getting really discouraged. I don't want to quit. I have lost 43 lbs and feel really good. I use to have reflux and was on meds for that but I have stopped taking them so I know that the diet is working. I still have 10 to 20 lbs to go but I just want some suggestions on what I should do. I have also started working out more and lifting weights.

The gal at LA said that she wants me to do cardo for 30 and weights less then that until I get on maintainance which I don't get that. I am already seeing the flab under my arms become like flags blowing in the breese...LOL But on a serious note please help me and tell me what I need to do.

Is there any of the suppliments out there that are comperable to La that I could take. I was taking hurbal lite but the pills were to big to take and my reflux was coming back.

HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Neb2
Old 05-13-2001, 11:11 AM   #4  

Default WOW

Neb2, you go girl..not sure how long u have been on plateau but I do know that the less fat u have is harder to break down. Like for example eccess fat on a beef roast hangs off the side of the roast but the fat marbled within the roast is allot like our muscles. Loose eccess fat is easier to get rid of than the packed in fat in our bodies...so patience is in order here but I say changing variety of meals and activities is also gonna help you in your time of patience. I thot I would try TOPS as a dded motivation support club while on LA Diet. They have allot of fun things to do to help you stay on track and enjoy yourself on your diet as well. I hearthat u cannot be on another program though. I need to check that out. But my point here to u Neb is this..Most of the battle is over...but the closer to victory the harder the fight will be. I would find something to do to help your mind and spirits be stronger and happier. Let me know whathappens....ladybugplus
Old 05-13-2001, 02:02 PM   #5  

It seems like forever that I have been on it. I mean I am loosing less then the 1-2 lbs a week. I am already on the second phase of the program. Meaning I didn't make in the alotted time that they gave me. So now I am spending more money on this damn thing.

Then we go out to restaurants and I want like a club sandwich and some fries and I can't. Even if I fudge a little with my startches I crave them even more. Plus I feel so tired if I have ore then I am suppose to have. My husband says to look at the accomplishments that I have made but it's hard when that scale won't budge

Neb2
Old 05-13-2001, 08:42 PM   #6  

Default Hangin' in there!

Neb2,
that is awesome! you should be proud but I know how you feel. I've been on the program for 5 weeks and have lost 12#. they moved me to purple, but I haven't done very good this last week even though I lost 3# total last week. I'm afraid I'm going to get to the plateau and really have problems with it like you! That is what they told me at the beginning when I went off the program that when I did hit a plateau, it would be difficult. Hang in there! i know it's hard, but the progress you've made is great! I've got another 50+ pounds to go, but I know that I'll get it off, the question is whether I'll make it by the time alloted.

I've had a really emotionally stressful week and haven't done the program at all! i'm having those "female' problems and my stomach is upset and I'm hurting with cramps.. I'm hoping that it will settle down once
I get my BC pills straight! Right now, I'm just praying not to gain! 12# is a big deal for me! If I get past 20, it'll be the most I've ever lost in my life.

Ladybug, Thanks for starthing a new thread! It was getting really long. I'd really like to try another bar. 2 boxes were 30.50. WOW! I bulked the first few weeks but I can't just slap down that big amount at once! May be i'll look at the ones you talked about. No I haven't tried the pineapple meatloaf. I may try that this week. I did make some some chili with ground turkey. It was OK, but I had to add some beans to it. I just couldn't take the thought of the ground turkey. It has no taste.

I'm really grateful for the support I get from this website and the center I'm at. They don'e chastize me for messing up. Them and my daughter are my biggest cheerleaders!

hope you all have a great week!
Janie
Old 05-13-2001, 09:10 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone
I hope you all had a GREAT Mothers Day!!!!!!!!
Well, mine started with breakfast in bed. It is the only day of the year that it happens, and I am not about to tell my hubby and son to put my LA Lite on the tray with a cup of coffee (my normal breakfast) so, instead, I had Irish bacon, sausages and scrambled eggs and thomas' english muffins with Irish Butter (yummy!!!!!!)
We went to my in laws for dinner---she made soup---it was too salty for my taste--so, I didn't eat any. The dinner was another story. It was my lunch and dinner combined, so, I didn't do THAT bad. When we had dessert---I was very proud of myself and only had coffee. The dessert was not appealing to me--and, I wasn't in the modd for anything sweet.
I have to weigh in tomorrow---will let you know how bad I did. Hopefully some good news. I did walk the other night for 2 miles with my son. I am going walking in the morning with one of my friends--probably another 2-3 miles.
Gotta run--the Soprano's is on
Good Night
Margaret
Old 05-13-2001, 10:50 PM   #8  

Hi Gals, thanks Janie for writing. I have had a rough day. My husband and I took my mom and dad out for mothers day and It was weird because I felt something that wasn't wright with my dad and I couldn't put my finger on it. Well sure enough my dad was eating and he went to take a drink of water and I thought he had it all cleared out but he must not have and he bagan choaking. Both my mom and I (mainly me at first because I was sitting kind of catty corner to him) were freaking out and I finally nuddged my husband and he looked up and gave my dad the hymlick (sp) My dad has been having problems with that. Years ago he had surgery for sleep apnia and they took his uvlia out and ever since then he has had terriable problems with his sinuses. Then he has had a couple bad colds this winter and I think it only made it worse. He has gone to his dr and they say that there is nothing that they can do for it. I think that he needs to get a second opinion. I hope this makes him go in and get one.

Sorry about the book I just needed to vent.:.(
Old 05-13-2001, 11:04 PM   #9  

Default Swallowing

Neb2,
Ask your Dad's doc if they can do a swallow study. That's when they have your dad to drink some barium and watch him swallow on xray video tape. They can tell where the problem is and if he needs to watch what he eats. He may just need to change to a pureed diet so he won't choke. I don't know anything about your dad's history, but I can't believe there is nothing that can be done! I'm sorry, but I'm a nurse and it irritates me when all a doctor can do is say there is nothing they can do!
Even nursing home patient's have swallow studies if they tend to suck what they eat or drink down into their lungs and can get pneumonia- it's called aspiration pneumonia. Anyway, have a great week. I hope your dad is OK!
Janie
Old 05-14-2001, 09:22 AM   #10  

Hi, everyone! I am doing Ok. I have been struggling to get under 190 for 2 weeks so i can switch to the gold plan. I may just do my own switch at home. They won't tell me what the difference is though. I think my body is really ready to switch and I am hitting a plateau. I have lost 61 1/2 pounds and have 38 1/2 to go now. I am ready to switch. i think they shouldn't be so strict with the number it is easy to tell my body needs a change.

Janie, you sound a lot like me. I was so worried when the switched me to purple but now I am ready for the next switch. You can do it!

Well, I need to go now and weigh in wish me luck!
Karen
Old 05-14-2001, 10:03 AM   #11  

Default Thanks for the encouragement!

Today I go weigh. If I've lost anything, it'll be because I
haven't eaten hardly anything for the last couple of days. I'm trying to get going today back OP. I will get back OP! (A little power of positive suggestion there!)
I'll let you all know what's happening.

Karen, Thanks for making me feel like I'm not so alone!
Janie
Old 05-14-2001, 12:44 PM   #12  

Janie, thanks for the advise. He is going to call the dr. I spoke with my mom a while ago and she said he was breathing normally one day when these things came out of his sinuses and he almost choked on them then. (sorry I don't mean to grose anyone out) But it has seemed to have gotten worse when he fell on his nose a couple of weeks ago and skinned his nose real bad. I will keep you posted.

WOW Karen, That's great!! I am on the purple plan and the only difference with the gold plan is that they cut your protein down by a couple of oz and you have less veggies. What I think is really stupid is that they have you measure lettuce. I mean lettuce doesn't have any calories. I mean the romaine has 15 per 1/12 cups. Go figure. I don't measure that. Maybe I should.

Well, I better get busy around here. Have a great day!!

Neb2
Old 05-14-2001, 03:41 PM   #13  

Hi guys
I am happy to say that at weigh in this morning, I LOST (I think about a pound or so) I have now lost 45!!!!!!!!! LAst week when I had weighed in,they said I had weighed my self incorrectly (they were so busy that I did it myself and left the info for the manager) When I went in a few days later, I had gained. It was really weird-- ANyway, at least I am down to 45 gone!!!! Hopefully, I can lose 5 more by Memorial weekend and be at 50 pounds!!!!
I have been getting a lot of compliments lately from people I haven't seen in a while--and it feels great!!!!! You sometimes think afterwards--I wonder what they thought of me before.
My son this weekend was joking around and called my husband "Big Daddy" (the movie)--(my hubby is skinny--34 inch waist--180 pounds-5'10" so, I in turn said that I was "Big Mama" (the movie). My husband laughed and said "No--you USED to be" I thought it was funny at the time, but, thinking about it right now--makes me feel sad that I let myself get so big. Why did I let myself get like that? Why couldn't I control myself???? We are trying to get pregnant. My son is 6 years old-and we have been KIND of trying the last few years-but, not really trying hard enough. ANyway, we both think that now that I am losing the weight-I am going to gain it if I become pregnant. But, my husband disagreed and encouraged me. He said that I didn't gain too badd with the pregnancy-it was afterwards that I gained it all. He said that he knew I wouldn't be the weight I was before I lost, because I would remember how hard it was to get it off. He is right. I know I woulfn't gain it back--I love wearing clothes that are not all plus sizes. I still have to wear plus size (16W or 18W pants) but, I can wear large or x-large shirts. It feels so nice to go into the regular size side of the stores.

Karen--my manager would have had me on the Gold Plan already at your weight. She told me she gives a 8 pound leeway on the plans. I think I have about 10 pounds or so, and then she will switch me to gold. I really enjoy a good burger every once in a while--I guess if I have a big burger--that will be my protein for the day. I actually took a gold plan card today. I'll give you the information:
breakfast-- 2 fruit, 1 LA Lite
Lunch--1 protein,1 veg,i fruit,1 starch
Dinner-1 protein,2 veg,1 starch,1 LA Lite
what is different about the purple and the gold is:
2 fruit in the morning,1 lunch--as oppossed to one at every meal and 1 less veggie at lunch.
ALSO:::::the portions are SMALLER!!!!!!!!
each serving of chiken is 6 oz-I think on purple it is 7 1/2 oz.
turkey--5 oz. fish--5 oz.
veal-4 1/2 oz beef-steak or sorlion-3 1/2 oz.
You are also to have daily: 1 fat, 4oz. skim milk, 1/4 tspn. Mortons Lite Salt and at least 64 oz of water
If you have any other quesions of any particular food I didn't mention--let me know--I'll be happy to let you know. Lately, I have been having my extra fruit in the morning instead of at night.

Hope everyone is doing great. Where are all the old timers? Mom,Terry???
Bela--where are you?????
Hope you all had a great Mothers Day!!!!!!
Take Care
Margaret
Old 05-14-2001, 04:26 PM   #14  

Hi all

Maggiemay that is fantastic I know you are going to hit it for Memorial Day !!!

Karen I agree with Maggie on the switching yourself thing (but maybe that is because I used to work with Pat at Maggie's center ...lol) anyway - is this your first plateau? and how long has it lasted

as for me gals I have been at 212 for the last 9 days, I htink I have to start switching my foods around ( i pretty much only eat chicken) but I get nervous when I start to switch because I am much more controlled when I eat the same thing (yes I know , not good to do that on a diet)

off to weigh in (if I see that 212 again I am gonna scream , although better that than up , up , up for me!)
Old 05-15-2001, 05:46 AM   #15  

Default Purple Plan/Express days

My counselor moved me to the purple plan about 6 lbs before the recommended. I started it yesterday. I ate too much protein last night and an extra dairy. I'm just going to have to accept that this is what I have to do and get over it. It's amazing what losing a little piece of bread can do to you! Anyway, I gained 1/2 lb yesterday but I can get that off without problem.

Congratulations on the weight loss, Maggie! I know you'll make it by your date of Memorial Day without a problem.

Can anyone tell me if express days have helped. I haven't had one yet but I'm thinking about doing it just to make up[ for such a rotten last week. I need to flush my system out of all the stuff I ate last week.

Well gotta go for now. I'm up at 4:00 this am and can't sleep. Oh well, just gives me an early start to my day!
Have a great one!
Janie
Closed Thread