Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 10:25 AM   #1  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Default Bottled Water

Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand do you like? I'm trying to decide if bottled water is really better for you than tap water. I bought one of those Brita bottles (with the filter in the part you drink from).

Your thoughts?

Thanks!

Cheree
Old 03-07-2004, 08:15 PM   #2  
189/149/140

Its really a taste preference. We drink Aquafina. My mother thinks it has a funny taste and only drinks Deer Park Spring water. I think both are good. Whatever gets the water in you!!
Old 03-09-2004, 04:14 AM   #3  
it's always something

I watched a Penn and Teller show about bottled water, and it was an eye opener. According to them, all the spring water actually comes from municipal sources (i.e. tap water). It still tastes better than regular tap water because it's filtered. I use a Brita pitcher and keep it in the fridge, and believe it makes my water taste as good as the best quality bottled water. And cheaper
Old 03-09-2004, 02:47 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

At home I have those five-gallon bottles delivered from Black Mountain Spring Water (now part of Arrowhead). Yup - I know it's the same as tap water (or as San Francisco's ex-mayor calls it - "Hetch Hetchy 2004" since our water comes from the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir in Yosemite National Park) but it DOES taste better than the stuff coming out of our ancient pipes at home...and we tend to drink a LOT more water having it delivered. (Our kitties both drink the same stuff we do and are even more fussy than we are - they can REALLY tell the difference between tap water and the bottled stuff!!)

It's only costing us about $11-20 a month (depending on how many bottles we have delivered) so I figure what the heck...
Old 03-10-2004, 11:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/136/125

Height: 5'5"

I use a Brita filter bottle too. My tap water tastes just fine, though - and I've toured the water filtration plant here in town so I feel confident that it's clean and good. The guy giving the tour said that he would never drink bottled water, because he was always suspicious of its quality.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:52 PM   #6  
Jedi

Angry

I am a total water snob! My absolute favorite bottled water is Volvic but I also drink Aquafina but that is about it. The Brita pitcher was okay too. I CANNOT STAND Evian, Dannon, and especially Arrowhead! Most people I have talked to about water are not as picky. Good Luck!
Old 03-10-2004, 08:10 PM   #7  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Default Thanks!

Thanks for all of the responses, it's interesting to hear everyone's input on this issue!

Cheree
Old 03-14-2004, 10:48 AM   #8  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Until recently i didn't care about if my water was in a bottle or not. and i drank about 10-12 8 oz. a day. but i started getting sick all the time. didn't think anything of it. but i got a letter from our city about a problem with the water supply. switched to bottled water and haven't gotten sick since. don't really have a preference. i just love water..
Old 03-15-2004, 09:57 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I do drink bottled water-Arrowhead is what I buy and like the best. Don't drink much tap water, it is okay if it is cold but I prefer it to be room temperature and tap water taste a little off to me-kind of salty??
Old 03-25-2004, 12:34 PM   #10  
Legend in my own mind

I live on a small Island and we have a well. That water is the best water.
the water here at work is disgusting, so I bring in my own water from home in a half gal jug and keep it in the refrigerator. Takes me about 3 days to drink one so I just keep filling it up. If I have to drink bottled water, like If I forget to being my water in, I get Dasani from the coke machene, its over priced and flat.
Closed Thread