Old 03-11-2004, 05:47 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's.....(#76)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:49 PM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #75 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!

*I've gotta start dinner....Will be back on later to post!!
Old 03-11-2004, 08:42 PM   #3  

Hi, Would you ladies mind saying a prayer for my mom. Her brother has took a drastic turn for the worst. She is taking it very hard. As you may remember he has terminal cancer. Hospice is coming in to make his last days a little more comfortable. He is only 56. I only wish I knew what to say that would make her feel better. I will post more later. Thanks for listening.
Tina
tinagailh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 01:01 AM   #4  
Losing it!

Tina, prayers are being sent to all of your family. I hope your uncle will not be in pain. Please know if you need anything, I'm here. Hospice is a wonderful program, concentrating on the client first and then the family. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask someone from Hospice and they will help you out as best as they can. Does he have kids?

Debbie, sweetie, I feel for you so much! I hope your grandma will pass away peacefully and without pain. It's so hard to let go of the ones we love, but so much worse to see them suffer or to no longer be the people we know them as. (((HUGS)))
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:00 AM   #5  

Tina-My prayers are with you and yours.

Debbie-I'm still praying for you.

I think today I am going to see if I can get something from the vet to put Brutus to sleep. Although he ate today, I saw lots of vomit in his cage from last night and he looks bottom heavy, like maybe a tumor or his liver is enlarged quite a bit.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:03 AM   #6  

There seems to be so much pain on the board this week. Whether it is the suffering of a loved one or a beloved pet, the loss of a friend or illnesses which are being treated. Sometimes it is hard to look past the heartaches of life, and it's hard to believe that things will ever be "all right" again. But as hard as these things are, we all know that this is the cycle of life. Old ones pass, new ones are born and life begins anew.

As hard as it is to accept the things this life hands us, we must find a way, maybe not to understand it, but to accept it however is best in our own hearts and minds. Our "mental" hearts are often so fragile and tender, but at the same time strong and resolute. Even when we think we have reached the depth of our sorrow, our hearts expand and create room for little joys and glimmers of happiness to come in and grow so that the grief eventually subsides. We don't forget, we don't completely lose the hurt, but we allow the happy things in life to become dominate again. This is the cycle of life...joy, pain, sorrow, grief and then joy again in the faces of our children and grandchildren and we know that everything will be all right.

I wish you all a measure of peace today and in the coming days and the strength to withstand whatever comes your way. May we all embrace the promise of happier times.
bootwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:13 AM   #7  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Ramona.. Your post was so precious. The words were beautiful and it helps to comfort me in this time of sorrow.

Gayle....Thank you so much for your PM. I spend the night with Grannymom last night. I'm home now to clean up so I can go back. I did what you suggested and held her hand most of the night. I talked softly to her about spiritual things and about happy times from my childhood. I really don't know if she can hear me at this point but it did give me great peace. I am exhausted but can't seem to stay away. We only have a few short hours to be with her. Thanks again for everyone's prayers!!

Hugs...deb
DebbieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 02:02 PM   #8  

Debbie I believe that your Grannymom can hear you. When mom was in a coma she remembers things that there is no way that she would know. She heard what people were saying and recalls some of it. Prayers are with you. I really feel for you because of what we just went through with mom. Dispite all the stress I am so proud of you for losing weight. Keep it up.

Gayle I checked out your additions to your paintings. What great talent. I wanted to read the Dr. Phil book on dieting. I am sure that I would learn something. Glad that you lost 3 pounds. That is a good start.

Ramona how is your dad? Is he out of the hospital now? Thank you for the words for wisdom. When things are bad I just keep reminding myself that God says this too shall pass. And it does. The pain gets less and we go on.

Tina I prayed for your Uncle for a peaceful and painless passing. I said prayers for your mom and your family. I know that this is a difficult time, just know that we are here for you.

Shelley did you decide what you are going to do about Brutus? It has to be a hard decision. I am sure you know when the time has come that he is suffering more than enjoying his life.

Sherry how are you feeling today? Are you and Debbie spending the night at the hotel tomorrow? Rest this weekend so that you don't have a reacurance.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry that I don't have time to post to you all.

DEE
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:50 PM   #9  

Hello

I just got home. After work I went to the hospital to visit with Debbie's Grandmother and then stopped and got 2 movies to watch tonight.

My b/p is slowing going down.It will take time but atleast I'm getting better and the headaches and nose bleeds are gone.Thanks again everyone for worrying about me.

Ramona,
Your post made me cry. That was beautiful! I've never been the type of person to say how I feel or have the right words to say.I envy people like you.You truly have been blessed with lots of special gifts.I'm so sorry to hear about the family friend.May his family & friends find comfort.

Debbie,
It was so good to see your GrannyMom today.I know she's in no pain and she will be so happy to get to heaven and be with your Grandfather. He's waiting with open arms for her.I too believe that she can hear everything.Continue to tell her how much you love her and thank her for the happiness, love & guidance that she has brought you. PLEASE get some rest tonight. You looked so tired today.I'll always be here for you! I love you!!

Tina,
I added your Uncle & your family in my prayers last night.It's sad that we have to take the sorrow along with the happiness in life.May God be with you all. BIG HUGS! How was your Mom's b/day party?

Gayle,
You are so talented girl!! I loved all the new pictures you added! The shoes are a trip!! LOL What a cool idea! Steve better watch out or you'll be painting him! All this kinda makes me want to start classes but with no talent here, they would probably throw me out of class!! LMAO

Dee,
We will not be going to the party tomorrow night.Not with everything going on.There's no way Debbie would have fun being worried about her Grandmother. I agree with you...WW works for me too! Hey...We can lose this..can't we?!

Shelley,
What did you decide about Brutus? I know whatever you decided will be best. {{{ HUGS}}} Aren't you excited that we are on spring break now??!!! I can't hardly stand my excitement!! LOL What are your plans?

To all the other Floozie's,
I hope life is treating you well. I know that there's been lots of illness & sorrow lately but hope you post soon.Please give us some positive & good news! We all need it!

I'll talk to ya'll tomorrow.
Remember....I love you all and thanks for being my friend!
Old 03-12-2004, 07:37 PM   #10  

Hi Ladies!

Ramona Thanks for your post. It was very touching. You do have a way with words.

My mom had a great birthday. She got a cute Mickey Mouse grandma shirt. And I always let my oldest pick out something he wants to give and I let him get it no matter what it is. He gave my dad a flashlight for his birthday. He picked out my mom a big hard plasticky spoon that had a duck on the handle. I think it was kid safe kitchen utencils. He said it was so he could help her cook. She loved it. We ate mexican food and of course chocolate cake and ice cream. It iwas great.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I do return them all to you. You ladies enjoy your spring break and gets some well deserved rest.

Gayle I'd love to see the painted shoes. Have you done any purses?

To everyone else you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tina
tinagailh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:43 PM   #11  
THINKING THIN!!!!

I slept about 3 hours and still will be able to sleep tonight. I just got off the phone with my aunt and Grannymom is still hanging in there. She even has the doctors fooled, that's my Grannymom.

Sherry....Thanks so much for coming by the hostipal this afternoon. It meant so much to me and Mom.

I will post more tomorrow.

16 days down...80 to GO!!!

Love you guys...deb
DebbieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 06:55 PM   #12  

Ramona-Your post was beautiful.

I couldn't get the vet to give me anything for Brutus, since it is a controlled drug. He is still hanging in there also. He even ate off my plate last night when I took it in the bird room to give some to the birds. When I uncovered his cage this morning, he was vomiting it all up undigested. I wish there were some way to just make him go to sleep without any kind of pain. I feel guilty everytime he looks at me.

Hopefully I will be cleaning house on spring break. I need to find some more things to sell!
Old 03-14-2004, 10:10 AM   #13  

Good Mornin'

I sat with Debbie & some of her family last night at the hospital.I left at 10:00 and had a feeling that I shouldn't go because Debbie was the one staying all night. Her GrannyMom passed away at 2:15 am. Debbie said she went peacefully.

Please keep Debbie & her family in your prayers.I know God will give them strength to get through this.I also know that her Grandmother is in a better place and is now with her husband.

I'll be back later to post.
Love Ya'll...
Old 03-14-2004, 10:50 AM   #14  

I will be keeping Debbie in a special place in my heart today. Thank you Sherry for letting us know about her grannymom.
bootwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:13 AM   #15  

I will also be praying today for Debbie.