Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 06:23 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Thumbs down

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ
Old 05-09-2001, 06:26 PM   #2  
CJ

Default A quick hello ...

I was "browsing" earlier and saw the thread was at 29 posts, but thought I would let someone else start the new one. Well, I'm back and it is still on 29 posts, so sorry ... can't resist the second time! haha

Hope all is well with everyone - welcome back Gail! Missed you - don't stay away so long again!

Tomorrow is weigh-in and I am sure hoping for my 10 lb! But .... if not, then maybe next week - I'll let ya know.

I'll check back in later .... sorry for the short post - just not too chatty lately I guess ...

Oh, forgot to tell you I went to bingo last nite and won $100!

Love you all!
CJ

Last edited by CJ; 05-09-2001 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-09-2001, 08:51 PM   #3  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default hey....

Ever have one of those days, where everything "clicks"?
Well today was one of those days....kids were up and out early(which is an incredible feat!) and I was up and raring to go to the gym....managed all of that, by 8:15am...see what I mean? Slide in a 30 min elip. workout and still managed to grab a coffee before working at 9:30!!! Burned 410 cal...and it kept me pumped and energized all day!...Actually hoping to kickstart another pound or two lost by Mothers day...hehe. Just found out I'm going to be meeting some friends for long weekend bbq....and they haven't seen me since Nov/00. I hope I'll be the big surprize of the evening as I've now lost 35 lbs. Trying to keep it a secret...ssshhhh, don't tell them...LOL

Gail....sorry sweetie, I assumed that you were going to Jamaica. I should have asked you first. (me and my big mouth) You're right it is their big day...but in his heart you'll be there and that counts for alot. Will you have some sort of reception/welcome for when they return? Take care, bye

Last edited by angel-eyes; 05-09-2001 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2001, 12:48 AM   #4  

Hi Ya'll......

Don't have much time to post long.Need to get in bed...it's getting late.

Angel-Eyes....Your work-out sounds GREAT!! Keep up the good job!! We need you & ALL THE OTHERS to join CJ,Sharon & I on the exercising tread!OK?????

I feel so much better since I started walking AND it sure makes it easier to lose! I bought a pedometer which makes it easy to keep up with miles walked.I posted in the exercise thread & told Sharon that they work real good if you make sure they aren't under "a roll of fat!!" I found out that you have to be careful when you place it on your pants!!!

Good Night ALL......
Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 05-11-2001, 09:27 AM   #5  
Long Lost Chickie

Hello all! Jo's back and bigger than ever. Boy, have I been a bad bad bad girl. But boy did I have a good good good time. I got on the scale this morning and almost cried. But I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning and face the music. I have to.

Baltimore (what I saw of it) was nice but hot and humid. Next time though, I'm taking an extra day or two to see some sights. When you have to be inside a convention hall from 9:30 to 5:00 every day, you don't get to see much. The guys were nice and let me sneak out one afternoon to go grab up some important stuff like t-shirts, key chains and other souvenirs but it was so humid that I felt wilted for the rest of the day.

Every evening we walked ... and walked ... and walked (a good thing) and ended up at pubs and/or restaurants (a bad thing). The hotel recommended a really great Italian (family run) restaurant in Little Italy and the food was amazing! Boy did I overdo it!! Can you say chocolate chip cannoli? I just love those darn things. I had pasta (of course) and grouper with the most incredible tomato sauce. And I ate every bite. So there.

I didn't get in my water ($2.75 for a pint bottle!!!) and didn't count points except to know that I had way too many. Oh well. As I said, I'll face the music tomorrow morning. I'm already back on track today.

Side note - I saw some folks I last saw about 30 lbs. ago!!! Their reactions were the best part of the trip!!! And this is even though I had to wear dress pants and my company logo shirt TUCKED IN!!! I hate that.

OK, one other reason I have to go weigh in tomorrow. Right before I left, I joined in on another VFW fund raiser. Between now (actually started last weekend but they said I could start tomorrow) and July 4, people can sponsor me by pledging so much per pound that I lose. All the money goes to fight Multiple Sclerosis. I've got a few people lined up but haven't had the chance to pass around my sponsor sheet and have them sign up yet. How's that for another incentive? One guy even told me that if I lost 15 lbs., he'd pay $30. But I don't think 15 lbs. in less than 2 months is very realistic. I'm trying to get him to commit to that $2 per pound even if I don't lose 15. And I'm telling most people that if they pledge maybe 25 cents a pound and I lose 10 lbs. it'll only cost them 2 and a half bucks. That's quite a deal I think. Of course, if I'd started last weekend, I might end up OWING people their money back.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. I'd better go play catch up with all this paperwork. In some ways, it's like I never left.... *sigh*

Much love to all of you!
Jo.
Old 05-11-2001, 09:45 AM   #6  
CJ

Default morning!

Just popping in to say good morning - on my way out for my walk before it rains here again! Don't want to get caught in a thunderstorm!

Also, bringing Judy's post over from #50!

Quote:
Originally posted by jetall
I know I haven't been here very long but already I am taking a vacation. In a few days I will be flying to Nova Scotia to spend a week with my 82-year old mother. Do you suppose I will be able to find you again when I get back? (giggle) When I go 'home' it is always hard to stick to my food plan so I will be lucky if I manage to stay the same. I have been busy trying to clean up the computer/sewing room because my husband is going to paint it. I am a pack rat. It is amazing how much 'stuff' I am finding. I would like to get some flowers planted before I go. I guess I had better get off the computer and get back to work. I hope I can find you again sometime after the 24th.

type to you later,
Jetall Judy

Have a great vacation Judy and see ya when you get back! Don't worry, if you get lost we'll find ya!

Be back later guys!
Love, CJ
Old 05-11-2001, 03:17 PM   #7  

Hi everyone,

Just stopping in to post my progress for the last week. I only lost one lb., but my total is now TEN lbs.
This weekend will be tough to stay on track. My future daughter-in-law's bridal shower is on Saturday at an English tea room, and Sunday is Mother's Day! We plan to go out for dinner. I'll just have to be extra careful for the rest of the week.

Judy, hope your trip is great. Have a good time with your mother!

Jo, it sounds like you had a good trip to Baltimore. I love going to the Inner Harbor there. Good luck with your VFW fund raiser. Post your progress on the Memorial Day Challenge thread.

Angel, you sure have a lot of energy! Keep up the good work!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!

Have a great weekend!

Trish
Old 05-11-2001, 11:47 PM   #8  
MK

HI everyone! Have been working. I have lost about 4lbs, but I had put it on so I am still at the same starting weight. Do I count those 4 lbs on the memorial day challenge? I seem to do better when I work at night because I don't eat after 7pm. I have been eating everything I want, but smaller portions. TODAY however I got ahold of some cake. I love cake! Will do better tomarrow.

I will be bowling in a league starting this coming week. My boss sort of TOLD me to. It is good for the busisness too. He has me working for 8 hours and getting off just in time to bowl. I don't think I will feel like it after that. For the ones who don't, I work at the bowling center. I guess it will be good exercise!

I want to wish all the mother's out there a very

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I will be working most of the day. Well, it is late and I have to be at work at 8 am. Take care ladies. Mary Kay
Old 05-12-2001, 05:42 PM   #9  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Hey Ho Thinsters!

Hey guys,
How is everyone doing? I tried to post last night and lost it so here I go again. Darn, it was a looooooooooooong one too. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Anyways, I did pretty good at my WW meeting last Monday night. I lost 2.8 lbs so I am on my way now that everything has calmed down some. But I will keep working on getting the rest of the gain I had and than go from there.

Mary Kay-Hey if you bowl in that league than that is sure to be some great exercise. That is one good way to look at it isn't it? Have fun bowling, it will be fun for you I know.

Trish-Wonderful job on losing those 10 lbs. Way to go and you have really been a traveling lady lately as well. So my hats are off to you for your control. You are a far better woman than me cause vacations and traveling sure do me in it seems. Have a great time at you DIL'S shower.

Jetall/Judy-Have a great vacation in Nova Scotia with your Mom. Yes you will be able to find us, we are right where we always are. Post when you come back and let us know how things went. Have a safe trip Judy.

ginabob-I sometimes get the same way and get so hungry. Maybe you can get some low calories snacks. One thing I really rely on when I get hungry lately is peanut butter. Even a couple of peanut butter on Ritz crackers will work for me when I get the munchies. I just count it according to my WW points and the peanut butter is good protein for me to fight off the hungries. Try it! How did your lunch with your ex go? Hope it went well for you.

Sandi-So you are having a garage sale soon? I love those things and end up buying everyone elses junk. But you know what they say don't you? One mans junk is another mans treasure. LOL Hope it goes well for you!

Jello-Don't worry about it. If you had a good time that is the important thing. You can't stop living or having something if you really want it when you go on a trip. I learned awhile ago just not to be so hard on myself and if I enjoyed myself-like you did. SO WHAT? It was worth it and now you can get back on track when you are ready. NO REGRETS NOW! You will get back there Jo, look how far you have come so far, about 30 lbs worth. Just start over right now and take things a day at a time. OK?

CJ-Hey you walking fool. LOL You are sure going to town on that exercise program. Like I said in the Thin Group Exercise Thread, you are doing so great. Don't worry Carol you will get that 10 lb pin really soon. You have been working so darn hard and it they will be handing it to you in a week or so, I just know it. Keep up the great work!

angel-Wow just think how surprised your friends will be when they see how much you have lost. Have fun at your barb-b-que and let us know what they thought about your fabulous weight loss. You must be sooo excited! Good for you losing that weight from that business trip you took. YAAAAAAA!

Chrissy-Where are you sister in law? Busy working lots of hours at the hospital? Getting about time for your trip to Florida isn't it? I will give you a call or email you soon. Give the girls a big hug from their Aunt Sharon!
Here is one for you too.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CHRISSY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Gail-Hi girlfriend. Thanks for the email and I just sent one right back at you. How are you doing? I know you will get right back on plan soon. Sorry that you were so sick and got the flu though. That can really take it's toll on one. Here is a big hug to help you get through your day.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[GAIL]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Carolyn/CH-Hey there buddy. I am so glad you posted with us. Don't worry if you didn't go to your meeting. It will be there next week if you want it. The good thing about this WW plan is that we are all adults and can decide when we go and there is no pressure there. You will get back there. Post again and let us know how things are going with you, I know you are a busy lady that's for sure.

Sherry-Oh Sher-Bear, don't worry you will get those 3 lbs off really soon. It could be like you said anything doing that. Maybe the walking, the meds or just anything at all. Just do like you are doing and not get upset. Believe me I have had plenty of gains lately-big ones too and I always walk out of that class more determined than ever to get that weight off I just gained. I always manage to and so will you too. Just keep thinking of how much you have lost so far. GOOOOOOOOOOO SHERRY! Oh so glad your son had a great time at his senior prom with his girlfriend. I cried each and everytime I saw my daughters Kelly and Tracy all dressed up in their formal gown and Dan and Alan in their tuxedo's. Enjoy those memories and hope you took lots of pictures and videos too.

Kelster-I know you must be busy busy busy with your family, but pop in and let us know how you are doing. MISS YOU KEL! Is that sinus infection all cleared up now? Sure hope so! How is your daughter doing too?

KimV-How are you doing? How is your Grandmother too? Post and let us know how things are going for you and your family. We care about you Kim!
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[KIM]]]]]]]]]]]]] ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Where is everyone else? Sam-let us know how that cute little baby Charlotte is doing. Post when you can.

Joanna, Sylvia, Kerrie, Carolyn/Regency919, Lisaa, Judy-How is Cal doing?, Katie and Zoe too. Maybe some of you are on vacation, but we miss you lots and lots! Come on guys and post again soon with us.

Oh ya if anyone is into exercising please feel welcome to join CJ, Sherry and myself in the exercise thread. Post and let us all support and motivate each. Come on guys, let's all join in.

Also if you have joined in with the Memorial Day Challenge post and let everyone know how you are doing so far. Good or bad, we are there for you!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL

Take care guys, love you guys, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 05-12-2001 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-13-2001, 12:10 AM   #10  

Hi Ya'll.....

I have been so busy today!! Cleaned house & washed clothes all day..... THEN went to Mom & Dad's (they are out of town til tommorrow night) and surpried her & cleaned her house!!

I also made time for a 2 mile walk!! We need ya'll on the exercise thread!!! Come on & join us!!

So tired so I'm not going to address everyone tonight.My poor ole body is worn out tonight!

Love to all...
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

For All the Moms out there...This is for you.....

Last edited by Sherry; 05-13-2001 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-13-2001, 12:48 PM   #11  
CJ

Default Happy Mothers Day ....

I have a few minutes and I want to wish all of your mothers a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

I went to the cemetery this morning and brought my mom flowers - planted my flowers, made 2 pies for today, and got my ham in the oven. My kids and mom-in-law will be here soon so am now going to get cleaned up and enjoy the rest of the day doing NOTHING!

Hope you all have a wonderful day ...

Love, CJ
Old 05-14-2001, 11:37 AM   #12  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Hey gals. Hope you all had a happy mother's day. Mine was interesting. I was sitting in choir in church when they asked for all of the mothers to stand up. Every lady around me was standing. Kinda funny sitting in a sea of standing women in robes. Guess you had to be there! My sis-in-law cooked a big meal. I did pretty good and didn't eat until I was ready to pop. I could have done better but it isn't often that I eat a meal that I haven't cooked myself so I think I was celebrating. At least that is my excuse!
Lunch with my ex-boyfriend went really well (thanks for asking Sharon!) We had a good talk and I think that we can stay friends. That is really important to me because he is such a good friend. It is still a little wierd but I know that will get better with time.

CJ - Congrats on the $100. You lucky thing. Hope you got your 10lbs. If not I am sure you will get it next week.

Angel-eyes - I am proud of you getting all of that accomplished in a morning. How did your meeting with your friends go? Were they all buzzing about the newer skinnier you?

Trish - Good job on the 10 lb mark. I hope you stayed on track this weekend but had a great time too!

Mary Kay - Congrats on the 4 lbs down. Have fun bowling. I bet that will be great exercise.

Sharon - I'll try the peanut butter trick. I used to keep PB and crakers here at my desk for snacks. I guess I need to try that again. Thanks for the suggestion.

Nothing more to report here. A big "hello" and "keep going" to all the gals I didn't mention. Seems I just run out of time any time I start to post. Back to work now.

Love
Gina
Old 05-15-2001, 08:32 AM   #13  
Long Lost Chickie

Hi everyone! Just a quick message this morning. I can't seem to find the time for anything fun anymore!! Sharon, I had to laugh when you said you had a loooonnnnng message and lost it and then proceeded to write another loooonnnng message. Can always count on you, girlfriend!!

Weighed in on Sat with ANOTHER gain. Two weeks in a row!! This is unacceptable! Time for Jo to get back on track. Started my official VFW fund-raising Battle of the Bulge on Saturday at 171. Got pledges from about a dozen people so far, mostly a buck a pound. I hate asking people for money even if it is for MS. It's especially embarrassing to talk about me losing weight especially if I'm asking some really thin person. But I'm swallowing my pride. I hope to cost these people at least 6 or 7 bucks by July 4.

OK, help me with a decision. My niece/god-daughter graduates from high school out in Ohio on June 9. I've been invited out there. Now, with my sense of direction, I'd never find it. (It's about a 12 hour drive with potty breaks.) Rich and I were going to go together but he's got too much to do here, etc. So I checked airlines and hotels and all. It's doable and not too expensive. But.... Should I do this? My parents are driving out over 2 days on Wed. (6/6) and asked if I wanted to go with them but I can't take that much time off work. I've been in contact with my brother and he agreed to not mention it to mom and dad until I show up on his front doorstep on Friday afternoon. Could be amusing. I just don't know if I should do it. Part of me says to just live a little and go for it. Maybe I will....

Meanwhile, what does one buy for the HS grad these days. She's going off to college in September so I could get something she'll need for her dorm or whatever. My brother reports that she's really into turtles. Anyone have any suggestions?

Well, again, I've done a me me me post and am out of time so I'll close. Boss just walked in and he's in one of his moods so I'd better get to work. Boy, they say WOMEN are moody?!?! We've got nothing on this guy.

Hope you all have a good day!
Much love, Jo.
Old 05-15-2001, 08:39 AM   #14  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default Morning Ladies....

was touch and go...couldof stayed in bed but no way....got out of bed and weighed the same so I decided to spur things on a bit.....really looking forward to the big day when I'll hit a new time low..the hundreds. So I dusted off my running shoes and went for a nice long jog,walk!! This new way of thinking...(that I actually can and will do this) is starting to feel really good!! Yup, there I am doing my running and feels great to actually be doing it!! So I hope that if I continue this .....will result in a loss. I have that girls night out/bbq with friends I haven't seen since NOv, and haven't seen my loss of 35lbs yet...hehe....I just want to look SO GOOD....and that is on the 19th....
Take care ladies.....YOU CAN DO THIS......

Jello...in answer to your question....GO!! Youl'll have such a good time and what a surprize....it will be so much fun...go and enjoy!!
Old 05-15-2001, 05:06 PM   #15  

Default Here comes summer

Hi Everyone,
Today it is hot (87) and humid here. But I love every minute of it. Although when I was at the gym after about 20 minutes into the class I was drenched. Asked if the A/C was on.
Hope everyone had a nice Mothers Day. We always go to our daughters and our son on law cooks on the grill. We just sit back and relax. Until later in the afternoon when someone started a softball game. My legs were hurting for 2 days from running the bases.
This weekend is our garage sale and hopefully we do as well as we did last time. I have a few large items to sell so that will help.

Angel eyes......Could you explain what 30 min. elip exercise is? 410 calories in 30 minutes seems great to me and I would like to see what it is you do and maybe I will try it at my gym.

Sharon....Good job on the 2.8 loss. Yu keep on trying and you will have all that weught you gained off soon. It isn't easy when you eat out and are on vacation.

Gina bob....Glad your meeting with your ex went well. It is nice that yu can remain friends.

Trish....How was the bridal shower? Having it in a tea room sounded nice. You are doing so well on losing yur weight. Keep up the great work.

Sherry.....Good for you on your walking. You are determined and that is good. I laughed at the part you wrote about the pedometer. You can come here and suprise me anytime and clean my house. In fact I'll send you the dates when we will be on vacation. LOL

Jo...You sound like me with no sense of direction. But if you can fly there that is what I would do. You will have a fun time.

Jetall....How nice that you will spend a week with your mom. Bet she will be so happy t o have you.

MK......How is the bowling league going? I used to be on one many years ago and liked it. Now we just do it for fun.

Chrissy....How did the Farewell day at Ellies school go? Bet it was fun for them. You will be busy this weel with all you have going on. And Sunday will be Ellies big day and then it's off to Fla for you all. Have a great time.

C.J........How did you do at your weigh in? Did you make your 10 lbs? If not you will soon.

Love to all.....Sandi
Closed Thread