Old 03-11-2004, 02:34 PM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Hungry

Ok, I've got the urge to eat. I feel like I've not eaten and I've just gotten done w/a salad. I feel like chowing on some meat. The thing is, I'm wondering if I need to worry about my calorie count. If I eat a piece of chicken is that going to screw up this weight loss I had going (the bad breath and bad pit smell is gone. So I'm guessing I'm in a stuck position again)?? Should I just eat the chicken and not worry about it? I'm not starving, but it's only lunch time so will I be able to hold out til supper??

HELP
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:37 PM   #2  

Brenda: What have you had to eat today?
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:45 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

I had a 2 egg omelet w/3 sausages cut into it.
then I ate a salad. So far that's it.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:48 PM   #4  
Mouth of the South

Sometimes you have to watch the sugar in sausage and bacon. You may want to read the label. I would eat the meat and not worry about the calories. You may also want to read the link on weight loss stall by Atkins chick in this forum. It is very informative.
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:56 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Did you have any protein with your salad? If not, you should, be it another egg, or a piece of chicken. There is nothing worse than being hungry when you are trying to stay on plan.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:02 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

No, I haven't had anything but the salad. Usually I don't have a problem but today for some reason I just haven't felt full. Even after eating the omelet. I'll have to boil up an egg. Just to tide me over til supper.

Thanks all
Old 03-11-2004, 03:09 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 6"

Brenda,
Slam some water and eat your chicken It's better to not be hungry then to wait an hour and be starving with all those nasty little sins within reach right before dinner time.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:13 PM   #8  

You definitely need protein in that salad. I would eat some meat and not worry about the calories. You can't be that high if all you had today was the egg etc for breakfast and a salad for lunch.

EAT, EAT
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:17 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

ok. 2 eggs getting boiled as we speak
Old 03-11-2004, 03:54 PM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Brenda! One of the things you need to remember is dr atkins says to eat your protien! every Meal!! That is the most important part!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:39 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Umm....by the time the eggs were one I wasn't hungry anymore I had a glass of water while they were boiling and that seemed to take care of it. I'm having steak (and maybe the eggs) and a salad for supper. So I'll be getting protein there. I tend to forget to add protein for lunch.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 6"

water does it for me everytime
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 06:00 PM   #13  
The Princess O' Pets

Remember you all are supposed to be eating breakfast lunch and dinner PLUS 2 snacks a day!!! The more you eat the faster your metobolism will be, if you miss a meal or snack your metobolism slows down. Brenda yes it is great eat your protien every meal, but if you are hungry then eat! Just eat something that has no carbs like chicken or some type of meat, eggs were great too. And please remember to eat your snacks, it helps to keep you OT and fast metobolism!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:01 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Oh heck. I forgot about snacks. How the devil do I fit them in there and what if I'm not hungry? Crud. Now I've got to figure out how to fit those in. AND what to have. Suggestions would be helpful Something simple and on the go is what I'll need
Old 03-11-2004, 09:20 PM   #15  
The Princess O' Pets

Brenda,
I know it is hard to change and then you feel like your whole day is food orientated!!
Look at the weekly food logs and you will get some great ideas, I try not to skip my snacks cause I want my metobolism moving quick. (thanks to Star she taught me that one) So if I am totally un-hungry I will skip it but I usually at something tiny and have some water, cause of the metobolism but also I find I get peckish and then I get into trouble.

Hope that helps.

TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote