Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 10:33 AM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Thumbs down

Is it hot enough yet? I think so. We officailly hit 100 yesterday at the airport. Henderson has been there for days but till the shade at the airport gets there it doesn't count. I have a bit of the flu. I was in bed for 19 hours yesterday. I slept at least 18 of those 19 hours too. I felt half way drunk, mostly hungover w/ achy joints and a head ache. If I had eatten anything I am sure I would have been praying at the porcelin goddess! Just got dry heaves instead. Today my tummy is rumbly and I still feel clammy. But over all, much better. 24 hour flu thing perhaps. I haven't had a "drink" in over a month!

I am grading the creative floral class finals tonight. They get A's just for showing up. But this is a pretend competition. I get to write down my thoughts on each one. I am one of 5 judges.

One good thing about being sick, food is not a problem. I may have had 200 calories all day yesterday. I am not hungry today either but I will make myself eat. I want to continue w/ lots of water. Gotta flush the flu bug out!

Well, Grif gets tubes June 4th. I am nervous yet relieved. I love the tube doctor. Maybe he will be able to sleep thru the night after this. He never sleepes more than 5 hours right now. And that is a rarity. Well, off to do some light house keeping. audri
Old 05-10-2001, 11:09 AM   #2  

Audri, I hope you are feeling better soon. Hopefully the tubes will help Grif, it will seem strange to have him sleep through the night.

It's been nice here, not too hot, today it might hit 80. We really need rain though, it is so dry here, there have been some forest fires. It is so dry in NH that we can't even get a fire permit.

The eating has been going pretty good this week, still not great but a lot better then I was doing a few weeks ago.

Hang in there ladies, we can do it!
Old 05-10-2001, 11:23 AM   #3  

Thanks for telling me about the new thread Flower. I'm so dense I would have been lost for a month again. lol
I hope you are feeling better & that the tubes work out for you & Grif. Nothing worse than never getting a full nights sleep.

Things are going well for me in the health area. but the in-laws are coming today & I am stressed. I am trying very hard not to let myself emotionally eat. It would be so easy to spend the day putting stuff in my mouth. I won't give in! I won't give in!!!!

Have a great day everyone.

Old 05-11-2001, 08:20 PM   #4  

Default Hi ya'll.

The weather has been great here in Ga. Not too hot or too cold. I heard how hot it was out your way the other day, Audri , and I thought about you. Hope you AC is up and running. I am not looking forward to that!

Jesse is graduating on June 2nd. He has a part time job at Pizza Hut and is mending with his first broken heart. I am suffering with him. I hate that they have to grow up.He was just a baby yesterday....What happened?

I am eating everything in sight and not exercising at all. I can't seem to get a handle on it.

Well, before I go on with depressing info I'll just say I hope everyone has a great weekend.

TTYL,
Karen
Old 05-12-2001, 01:29 AM   #5  
you can call me flower

Hey Karen- get out of the fridge!!!!

I for one would rather not eat. I have had the runs for 48 hours now. Nothing is working. My water in take is up up up!!!! I have been gulping the pink stuff. Guess I got a pretty nasty bug. Tomorrow is a big day. It must stop! I have photos for Grif and his cousin, then to an Art fest, then a bbq, then bingo.

I have an interview on Monday for Michaels. Not the new location but that's okay. I will survive. It will be pt. Think of me. Chris has a 3rd interview at Best Buy on Monday too. We need something good to happen.

~Happy Mother's Day everyone~
Old 05-12-2001, 07:49 PM   #6  

Good luck and good vibes going out for Audri and Chris!

Karefree, I seem to be with ya in the fridge I don't know what is with me, but I was somewhere the other day and had that feeling that I was the largest woman there...then saw one other lady bigger and then I just felt both fat and petty. I know the point of this is health, but it is a self esteem thing too...and I know I have more of it when there is less of me, so I just gotta get going again!

Good for you Sandy and Dolphin for "being good" lately...pull us on board!
Old 05-14-2001, 03:10 PM   #7  

Hello ladies,
How is everyone doing? Did everyone enjoy Mothers Day? I had a very nice time.

Audri hope you are feeling better and you and Chris get the jobs you want.

Mailwhale, hope you are doing better, just remember you can do it!

Dolphingirl, how's it going, are you keeping the eating under control?

Karefree, you have to make up your mind to start moving more and eating less. I know you can do it! Too bad about Jesse, they do grow up way too fast. I can't believe that my daughter has her own place now. I went to visit her on Saturday and was proud of myself that I didn't get lost getting there or coming home lol. We really had a nice time.

Keep moving and don't forget to drink your water!
Old 05-15-2001, 09:57 AM   #8  
you can call me flower

Well...if the money is good enough, I may be working at Michaels. Chris got the job at Best Buy too. (doesn't start for a month) I will have to talk to the mgr tomorrow but the dept mgr likes me just fine. I also had an interview w/ the new store yesterday that went well too. The old store is exactly 10 miles from home. I will see how far the new store is today. Still got decisions to make. Do you have any clue how over whelming making an arrangement at a huge store is? There were so many choices!!!! My only guidelines, make a 29.99 and a 39.99 design. (30% labor)

Well, I walked 5 miles on Sat and 4 miles on Sun. And I drank lots of water too. I wish Spring would last longer. I think it is summer here already. Hope we get a long rainy season.

Hi Sandy! Dolphin-are the inlaws gone (along w/ the stress?) Karefree-how are you? Mail-howdy! You've got a b-day coming up. How are you gonna celebrate? Does hubby have any free time these days? Is is better than when he was a student or worse? `audri/flower~
Old 05-15-2001, 11:09 AM   #9  

Well, the inlaws are still here until Thurs. & I am trying to be patient, with them & with myself. I am doing fairly good on the stress eating but I am having to really pay attention to what I eat. I have been able to keep the exercise up by getting up an hour earlier to do it before they get up. I hope I survive the rest of the week.

Hang in there everyone & have a great day.
Old 05-15-2001, 12:28 PM   #10  

Hang in there Dolphin, you can make it! Only 2 more days!

I watched Oprah yesterday, and they were doing a thing on all the people who had successful lifestyle makeovers in the last year...quite a few had lost weight...and one lady was saying that learning that "everything she put in her mouth was important" was a turning point for her. I keep thinking of that. I need to get back to some of those key ideas with food. Every little bite counts and is symbolic to my relationship with food and my own self worth. Do I respect myself enough to not sabotage myself with food?

Oh Aud, sometimes I think it is worse now that when he was in school. I don't know. But then we love Wenatchee, it is nice to have a pay check and this weekend he has a three day weekend. But when he has on-call weekends, it makes for several long weeks with him stressed and gone a lot. He has nothing left for tasks around the house and this one is bigger with more tasks...I guess this is what we wanted. Yea, another b-day lol, no plans and that is fine.

Kayla is on her first antibiotics...Ear infection. I guess we were luckly to go almost 6 years without them! She is already feeling better, but yesterday was miserable.

Have a good and healthy week everyone!
Old 05-18-2001, 10:53 AM   #11  
you can call me flower

Default be careful of what you wish for....

You make actually get it. I have a decision to make. And boy do I hate making them! I will be offered the job at Michaels today. I go in at 10 to talk to the GM. It's at the old yucky store. Not in the best neighborhood, but I don't really care about that.

Chris was offered the job at Best Buy and at Crispy Creams. I can not work if he works and visa versa. The boys are out of school in 3 weeks and none of the jobs pay well enough for a sitter for 3. Plus, we only have one car. I wanted the job at Micheals so bad. BUT I also want Chris to grow up and be some what mature and take care of his family. I do everything for him. If I ever want him to be responsible I should let him go out into the real world and have himself become sucessful. But at the same time, if I am working, I know I can get the bills under control. And I know I can stick w/ a job...but I also need to believe in him. The other thing is that Griffin will have 6 doc appointments in 2 weeks. I kinda need to be there for the surgury too. Ughhhh!!!! It's a mom thing.

And if I go back to work full time, that means putting my crafts on hold. Can I live w/ that.???? Chris wants to go back to work. He won't make as much money as me to begin w/ but at least I don't have to cook and clean after putting in 8 hours if he's working. I can do it while he's working. Ugh!

I have got to make peace w/ what ever I decide or I take it out on the fridge. I have been eatting chips like crazy! I don't even like potato chips! Thanks for listening. ~flower~
Old 05-20-2001, 11:00 AM   #12  
you can call me flower

Default ...psst-it's mailwhales b-day, pass it on!

Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday dear mailwhale
Happy birthday to you!

Do hope your day is full of smiles! Check your yahoo email, I sent ya a message.

Well, Chris liked the first day of Krispy Kremes. Hopefully that will continue! I have baby duty while he gets ready for work, just stopped in to sing the song! ~audri~
Old 05-20-2001, 11:36 AM   #13  

Happy Happy birthday Mailwhale Dear
happy days will come to you all year.
If I had a wish then it would be,
A happy happy birthday to you from me!!!

We love you, Mailwhale. Have a wonderful day!!!!
Old 05-20-2001, 02:04 PM   #14  

Default A quickie....

At the mall to get a free pillow from the Sleep Number Store and thought I would check in.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAIL WHALE!!!!!!!! I wish you the merriest of days and hope you get your hearts desire. Also wishing you well kids.

Audri, if it was me , I would go with Chris working. Especially since the baby is going to need you really alot soon and you want to pursue the crafty thing. Of course, you have to make up your own mind and you know better than any of us what is best for your family. Good luck.

BTW, if any of you need a new pillow go to www.thesleepnumber.com and print you out a coupon. Everyone is a winner and the pillow is EXTRA comfortable. It says on the web site that you have a choice of a pillow or a sleep number night shirt but our store only has the pillows. They are both a 14.99 dollar value. If it isn't at the www.the sleepnumber.com site go to http://www.selectcomfort.com/aboutus...06-005,00.html

Glad to hear that some of us are keeping our heads on straight about our eating plans. It helps those of us who are out of control know that it can be accomplished.

Well, I will try to check in again from home.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and....Audri, it is in the high 60's here. Unbelievable!

TTYL,
Karen

When I go back to real the address I gave it is leaving out a letter that is actually there now. I will try again.
http://www.selectcomfort.com/aboutus...006~005,00html

Also, can't be sure if the little emblem is a - or a ~ near the end of the address. Sorry. I hope it works if you want a pillow or shirt.

Okay, it is leaving out part of the address. If ya'll want it email me at the yahoo thing and I will try from there.

Last edited by karefree2; 05-20-2001 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-21-2001, 10:03 AM   #15  
you can call me flower

Default he likes it....he really likes it.

Chris actually likes working at the donut shop. They've got great benifits too. BUT they get to bring a dozen donuts home a day. Not good. Thankfully I will be sick of them really soon!

My mom loves my ceiling pulls I made for her. She wants samples to take to work to sell there.

Mailwhale-how was your birthday? ~audri
Closed Thread