Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 12:54 PM   #1  
Crazy Canuck

Exclamation I'm losing control (non-food issue) :D

I was married once - for 10 years. Can't say it was the best decade of my life, but the past is past and I try not to dwell on it. However, I made a vow to myself that I wouldn't go through that again. For the next 18 years (wow, that's a loooong time) I concentrated on raising my daughter, continuing my education, building my career, developing new interests and widening my circle of friends. That's not to say I didn't date - I had one fairly serious relationship, 2 semi-serious ones and a few "we dated but are better off friends" ones. Nothing happened to change my way of thinking about marriage.

Then, in early October, HE came into my life (geez...has it really only been 5 months???). Darn it, he's changing my outlook and I don't think I like it! I'm out of control!! I'm not used to being in that teenage girl phase (and let's face it, I haven't been a teenager for almost 30 years), plus I'm quite happy with my independence. Then again...everything's just "oh so right" when I'm with him. He appears to feel the same way and talks often about his plans for the future (the long-term future), always including me in the equation.

Having such mixed emotions, I decided I must keep a level head. It's too soon. Give it time. There's no need to rush. We're doing just fine as we are. There's no need to change things. Don't get carried away. I decided that if he should bring up any marriage talk I'd nip it in the bud immediately. Yep...be sensible Jill.

So last night we're in the kitchen preparing for a romantic candlelight dinner when I caught him staring at me intensely. I sensed he was about to utter something earthshattering. My pulse raced as I returned his gaze, then watched with anticipation as his mouth formed the words, "Jill, will you mar.." "YES, OH YES!!" I interrupted. He looked rather puzzled (and scared), so I said "Sorry, what were you saying dear?". He cleared his throat, swallowed hard and continued, "Jill, will you marinate the meat overnight next time? This still looks a little tough".

So, do you think he caught on? Arghhhh...and I thought dieting was difficult!!
Old 03-09-2004, 01:06 PM   #2  

Ummm....I think that he might have caught on. He stayed for dinner, though - right??? LOL

Sounds like your 18 year no way - so sensible plan might be out the window. oops. So much fun! Glad to hear that this toilet installing sweetheart is making you so happy!

P.S. Jillegal - You should be a writer! I love reading your stories!
Old 03-09-2004, 01:28 PM   #3  

OMG Jill ... you are so funny! Is he going to Moscow w/ you?
Old 03-09-2004, 03:06 PM   #4  

Sound like your head over heals. It’s hard to take your time when you feel like that. I believe you will do the right thing.
hugssssssssssssssssssssss

love Flower
Old 03-09-2004, 04:29 PM   #5  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Jill, you're awesome! You sweetheart, that marrrrrrrrrrrrrrination question can be a tough one to bring up, you know? I couldn't be happier that you have this love and hope -- and butterflies -- in your life! Yay, you! You are absolutely deserving of this pleasure and anticipation. Savor it. And really, you should marinate the meat overnight, next time.

Keep us posted, and in the meantime, savor every morsel of these delicious moments.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:40 PM   #6  

OMG! I cannot believe it!! Jill, you crack me up! Were you totally mortified? I'm not sure how I would have recovered from that one! Be happy in love and take your time, but enjoy this teenage girl stuff, it's kind of fun!!

Beverly
Old 03-10-2004, 08:50 PM   #7  
Crazy Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step
Is he going to Moscow w/ you?
Nyet
Old 03-11-2004, 07:46 AM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

OMG - is it rude laugh out loud and spit water all over my monitor!!! I should be reading these stories with a mouth full of water I would hate to have been in your shoes - but that is way too funny!!! No wonder you are losing all this weight - it's all the sex!! LOL

Last edited by slimdown; 03-11-2004 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:43 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Jill, sweetie, you have no idea how much I needed a good laugh. I laughed out loud!! You are so cute!!!

You know, the affairs of the heart sometimes cannot be controlled with your head. Don't worry about it and run with it. Enjoy every minute!!

And unless he's on one knee, girlfriend...I'd hold off with that answer!!!
Old 03-11-2004, 10:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

that was great. but isn't it a GOOD out of control?
Closed Thread