Old 03-09-2004, 01:07 AM   #1  
ChewGirl

Default Rate your scale :dunno:

I was just wondering how you like your scale. I just bought a new digital one at Wal-Mart and there's a 10 lb difference. The new scale shows my weight as 10lbs. heavier. Yuck! I know I didn't gain 10lbs. on my bike ride to Wal-Mart but, it was a shocker none the less. I am still hooked on my less accurate old scale. If you tip to the right you can lose 3 lbs. every time.
ChewGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:38 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

I'm thinking my scale is right. It matched the old one that I thought was broken I'm not fond of scales---except I'm beginning to like them a little better now that they're moving on the DOWNWARD trek instead of constantly going up
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

I have a digital one I got from Wal-Mart ~a year ago and I like it. It is about 2 pounds off from the medical scales at work and the Doctors so I am pretty sure it is right since I do not weigh in the nude at work or the doctors.... and I usually have on blue jeans and a sweater/sweatshirt at the MD's and scrubs and tennis shoes at work.

Basically it doesn't fluctuate much.
Amyjo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:08 AM   #4  

Good Morning,

I bought a new scale last summer, and the same thing happened to me. It was disappointing after so much hard work to see a gain like that, even if it wasn't really a 'gain'. So much emotion is wrapped up in that number.

I haven't been to the doctors yet this year, so I'm not sure how close it is to the doctor scales, hopefully it's close.
Summerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

I still have an age old dial scale. I started with it and will not get a new one until all this weight is gone, for that exact reason. I don't want something reading 10lbs up on me until I'm done. I do have to be careful because it can get some character from time to time but it consistently goes down and that's all I require That and tight abs of course
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:20 PM   #6  

i have a digital one from wal-mart that i like pretty well. it is about 4 lbs. off (lower) than the dr. and the gym, but i go by it. all three scales show the same amount of a loss or gain. and as long as the scales are going down, my clothes are getting bigger, and i am losing inches then i am happy.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:50 PM   #7  
Domestic Goddess

I have an old dial scale. I don't think it's as accurate as some because when I went to the Dr's I weighed 10 pounds more. I don't let it bother me. I use to have a digital scale.....I really didn't like that scale. It met it's end and I had a big, big SMILE on my face!!! Don't ask....it wasn't pretty
ChrissyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:44 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

I don't like weighing-in at the doc office. They've already (the nurses) told me their scales aren't right.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:03 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 6"

I have a digital I bought a couple years ago and I think it's still fairly accurate. I put a 5lb bag of sugar on it from time to time and it reads 5lbs so it cant be too far off. Even if it is off base the numbers are getting smaller and thats all I really care to see.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote