Old 03-08-2004, 02:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Default Scale Addict Anonymous #6

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Just a short note to get this started! We are now on Thread 6!!! YAYYYYYYYY US!!! I am on my way to another Job interview....I hope Tulip's are going well! See everyone later tonite when I have more time!

Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:18 PM   #2  
Made my Goal weight!

Yay, I found y'all...........

Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi I made it too!!! I forgot we were moving on today. Was surprised to not hear from anyone - until I remembered.

Hope you guys had a good weekend. It was beautiful here!! Last night we had some awful storms but it was nice again today. Flowers are blooming, trees are beautiful. It's spring for a little while.

We have to Mac, my aussie, he has officially lost 2 of the 5 pounds the doc wanted him to lose. I'm very proud of him. We switched his dog food to eukinoba light and he LOVES it. He's never loved a dog food before. Makes me feel a little less bad about having to cut back on his fun. He's stuck at home right now though. Went camping with the roomates and came back without tags. NC is pretty strick about dogs without rabies tags. So I'm going to try to get him a new one tomorrow. He misses the dog park too much.

HS, you may have insight into this. My dog is suddenly starting to growl at other dogs, that he would normally have loved playing with. He's always been an on again, off again humper - but he's also always been the happy go lucky one in the pack. Never got into fights or growled at anyone. Not really submissive, more like he just didn't care who was in charge. But now he is trying to growl at puppies even! Before they get to him. Some dogs he loves and plays with - others he growls and snaps at. No teeth ever, just lots of noise. Any ideas? He's 3. Very happy, social dog.

Okay, time for bed. 2 finals tomorrow and then it's SPRING BREAK!!! 2 more months...my new mantra....two more months.

Hope to see evryone tomorrow!!!
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:01 AM   #4  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Good morning (Tuesday!)

Finally caught up with you all...Sorry...life is going a bit fast and is a bit full at the mo!!! Job hunting is going well, i've found a sandwich bar / catering business to buy..am putting business plan / finance package together etc...is taking loads of my time up..which means i'm too knackered to come on here at the end of the day and tell you all...sorry!! I'll make a real effort to keep in touch...promise!

Well done on all the weight loss / exercising / and NOT eating that has been going on while i've been MIA...grassie you sound like a pro.."when i work out" way to go girl!!

Have answered the survey on #5 thread and left a few messages if you fancy nipping back to read it!

I'll call back in tonight to write more as it is now 7 am and my kids will not wake themselves even though i can hear someone's alarm going off!! My middle daughter is off to paris on a school trip tomorrow morning, so i must really get around to helping her pack!!! speak to you all tomorrow!
Bye
Tulip
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:04 AM   #5  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Forgot to mention...I'm still eating well...still not exercising...still maintaining 125lbs...Yeh me!!
Hubby still on the wagon...we will be the skinnyiest oldies on the beach this summer!!!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:54 AM   #6  

Middle one is off to Paris on a school field trip.....I live in the wrong country.....our field trip was to the asheboro zoo...It was as lame as it sounds!! One day I'll make it to Europe one day!!!

Nice to hear from you TF!! Sounds like things are very exciting!!!! Keep us posted as you can and keep up the good work eating well!!

I'm having my new protein shakes that are doc approved. They're yummy! I had no idea a powdered drink could taste so good...they do though. Very easy for the mornings too. I just have to mix and run...

Take last two exams today..stressing big time about it. Avoiding scales right now.
Then I'll be out for spring break - until Sundya. That's our snow makeup day. 8 hours straight. ug. But for now - spring break

Talk to you guys soon. mrm
Old 03-09-2004, 08:57 AM   #7  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi Grassie...It's not really as glam as it sounds...Paris isn't too far away...about a 4 hour coach ride to the port then a couple of hours on the other side. They are going for 3 nights and coming back Saturday...She'd be pretty excited if she thought she'd be going to a zoo in north caroline mind!!

I've drank loads of water today...had a healthy breakfast but then went and spoilt it by having a huge chunk of chocolate cake...I made it for Beccy as it's her favourite..(she gives it a massive 42 out of 10!!! ) I agree with her,. it's sooooo scrummy!! I feel sick now that i've eaten it...then it made me feel guilty..then i thought of you guys and thought i'd better jump on here quick and confess!!!!!

I'll try harder from now on...a healthy tea is on the cards..not going to bother with lunch... the cake was enough!!

HOpe your day is going ok? (probs just getting started!!) LOL
Old 03-10-2004, 08:30 AM   #8  

Just a really quick note to say howdie doo! And to get us back up on the list. I'm on my way to my first day of training for my new job! I'll see everyone tonite and post a BIG long postie!lol Have a great HUMPDAY ladies!!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 09:20 AM   #9  
Made my Goal weight!

Hi Everyone!
TF that is great you and your hubby are both doing this...I am sure it makes things go much smmother eh?? It really is a team effort!
Well, my boys are keeping me so busy that I havent gained any weight, but I feel like my belly is getting bigger...it could totally be my imagination but I am 12 weeks pregnant so it is quite possible...Actually, I think I will measure my stomach today to have something to compare it to later...
I am going to Walt Disney World in a few weeks....my MIL is taking me and the boys, so I am hoping my summer clothes will still fit me by then....*fingers crossed*
Happy Wednesday to All

Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:57 PM   #10  

OK...soooooooooo I go in for training today....and find out that they lied in the interview....they wanted me to sell air purifiers door to door. I'm like "HAY! You said an inhouse air quality control technician." GUy says..well that's what we like to call you." then we find out there's no base salary. Commission only. Sorry..I don't do commission only. The area I live in is too depressed economically to count on a commission only job.

Other than that, I had a guy tell me how pretty I was today while I was grocery shoppingl! Which really boosted my day cuz my hair looks like crap and needs the roots and hilites done again. and I was wearing my "fat jeans' which are 3 sizes too big and I look like Charlie Chaplin!

Got my grocery shopping done, and still have a few loads of laundry to do. It was really nice here today, sunny and close to 60. Loved having the afternoon to do as I pleased in teh nice weather.

I'll see everyone tomorrow!
Old 03-11-2004, 01:18 PM   #11  
Student of the Hoof

Hey ladies -

I've been feeling a bit under the weather and it was that ToM, so ... I haven't been posting that much. I'm feeling much better today, though!

I'm still weighing and wanting to shoot the scale, but.. I think that will probably never change. Well, the weighing part anyway. It went down to 182.5, then up to 184, now it's slowly working it's way down again, at 183 this morning. I just hate that. On the up side, I actually *ran* two miles this morning. That's the first time I've done that in a LONG time.

HS - I'm so sorry about that job thing. I hate nonsense like that. I hope things turn around for you soon.

Leanne - Lordy you bring back memories. Scary ones! My second kid was so freaking huge I swear I started showing about 3 days after I got pregnant. *sigh* Disney World sounds SO fun! I hope we're able to go early next year.

TF - A field trip to Paris. How neat! That cake sounds wonderful. My son's birthday is in April, and my daughter's is in May. I see birthday cake in my future. I guess I better behave EXTRA well till then, eh?

Almost Friday.. and it promises to be a wonderfully horsie weekend for me. Hope everyone is having a great day!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:28 PM   #12  

Hi guys. Been feeling under the weather so I've been quiet. Decided I'd better get my butt back on here. I need accountability.

HS - sorry to hear about the job. Doesn't it figure though - speaking as a former sales person, why does it seem so easy for sales managers to be sneaky like that?? They can't seem to get out of sales mode - they "sell" you into how great a job is, how great benifits are, how wonderful your new book of business is going to be - how great you're going to be at sales......Sorry hun! I hope the next one is what you're looking for!

TF - news about the sale??? Are you a business owner?

I'm enjoying the break that IS spring break. No girls gone wild for me! My wildness is showing in the fact that I wore sandles and my white legs are bare before April!

Gotta love being able to wear last seasons tight stuff That was an ego boost today Now I just have to lose about 5 more pounds to look great in the dress for Brother's wedding May 8. Here I come
Old 03-11-2004, 03:15 PM   #13  

Howdie doodie ladies! Had a HUGE fall off the wagon last nite due to the job thing...I was just so frustrated...but am BACK OP today.

Tulip? How's the business plan going? It sounds like the perfect thing for you to do! And maintaining is great! MUCH better than gaining!

Raven and Grassie, I hope the two of you are feeling better. Raven, you ran two miles? COnGRATS! More motivation than I have right now. I'm afraid to get on the scale after the Binge last nite. I'll start using you as my role model, Raven!

Grassie, white legs and sandals already? Must be nice...it's still scarf and coat weather here unfortunately. We're supposed to get more snow over the weekend...just after getting rid of it all! Enjoy your Spring Break!!

LeAnne! DisneyWorld! Awesome...Disney World is soooo much better than Disney Land in CA...I'm surprised they haven't shut DisneyLand down. And just starting to show? Wow...my friend was in Maternity wear at 3months!!!lol Keep up the good work!

Well, I'm off to get my hair done finally. Maybe a new hairdo will boost my ability to get another job!!!LMAO...Have a great day ladies!!!
Old 03-11-2004, 11:22 PM   #14  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that my big fat rear is once again planted firmly ON the wagon! Finally.

Crazy days here. My moods have been all over the chart, but I guess that's pretty typical for me. I've really got to get a new job, one that actually pays more than retail.

I just wanted to say sorry that I haven't been that chatty. That's what these message boards are all about, and I'm not doing a very good job. When I get moody it's often better if I don't try to speak too much. But I'm still here, and I'm still reading.

~E
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 04:32 AM   #15  

Glad to know you are still with us, Miss Elisha...even if you're just lurking! As for Retail...yes it sucks unless you are upper management. GOod luck on finding something soon. Maybe we both will, and Tulip will buy her Catering company and we can all celebrate together on here!