Old 03-05-2004, 03:00 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Chit Chat #34

Welcome everyone~

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:10 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Thought I would go ahead and start #34 ladies.

Kind of quiet around here today-where is everyone?? Can you tell I am bored out of my mind?? Of course Jana is going to be gone for the weekend, and Kayecee is gone. Well, I did get all my errands done, now I can hang my curtain by the door and get a couple other things done. I will surprise Vince when he gets home late tonight by having things done. The other day he came in and started walking around the house-I asked what the heck are you doing? He notices little things each day.

Hi to you all, Jana, Katie, Shanna, Marti, Kat, Angie, Rita, Susan and Kayecee, hope everyone is enjoying their Friday. I will check back later ladies. Take care
Old 03-05-2004, 08:06 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Hello everybody! Anyone?? Cristi, you the only one posting today??

Went to the computer lab at school and used their computer for Powerpoint for one of my assignments...I was struggling for days on it...so I finally decided to use the one at school since it's a different program...and guess what!!

What took me days trying to get right...took me 15 mins. to get it done at school!! What a pain in the ***!!!!

And then today when I finally got home, I got a call from my dad. Him and my mom came over with my brother Tony. He is now officially a civilian...as he put it. No longer in the Army. I guess that year in Iraq was enough!! So his plans are to go to school in Florida....computer animation! This boy is very good at drawing, painting,,,everything. At one time, Disney wanted him to work for them! So I think he'll be doing fine!

Other than that...my day has been pretty uneventful. Not doing too much. Trying to figure out my next scrapbook page. It's gotta be just right you know......

Ok....I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when Shanna and I go to Michaels for some scrapbooking fun!! (ok...so I go a little nuts with the scrapbooking!) You all take care and I will pop in tomorrow!!

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 08:10 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Since we've been buddies for so long, I wanted to be the first one to say to Kat for tomorrow ~
Happy 37th Birthday, Kat!!

I hope your day is everything nice!!

Okay, we are all packed and ready to go. Cristi agreed to be "proxy mod" while I'm gone and of course Suzanne is just a click away. I am dreading this trip... it is just too sad to think about. Anyway, please keep Deborah in your prayers, guys. I'm turning off the computer now, and going to finish some last minute stuff. Be good and I'll be back on Tuesday.

TTFN,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:53 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Red face

Hi ladies~

This is going to be a short one as I am sleepy for some reason.

Marti~it has been quiet around here-too quiet. Hope you and Shanna have fun tomorrow at Michaels-I know you will!

Jana~for some reason I thought you guys left this morning. Be safe and you ALL will be in my thoughts and prayers this long weekend.

I don't know when I will be on tomorrow so I will also go ahead and wish Kat a very
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have a fun celebration.

I will see you ladies sometime tomorrow. Not sure what I am doing, nothing really planned. Hope everyone had a wonderful Friday. See ya

Last edited by FrouFrou; 03-05-2004 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:23 AM   #6  
kitty Momo

Good Evening,

Many prayers for you Jana.Hope all goes well and you have a safe trip.

[SIZE=4][ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KAT!!!] [/SIZE]

Wow, 37?? I remember 37.........lol. Have a GREAT year!! Enjoy every minute
You and Shanna have fun tomorrow Marti!! Scrapbooking sounds like fun. I have enjoyed looking at the samples you share here of the pages you both work on.

Hi Cristi!!! Sorry it has been quite here for you. The day went rather fast here. I do my weigh in tomorrow. fingers crossed!!! I kind of get scared and yell at the scale......"oh, please,please PLUUUUUUZZZZZZEEE go DOWN!!!!!"...

Mister Washington is very polite. He said today after I agreed that meeting would be fine but that I would probably be somewhat nervous.He wrote back and said he didn't want me nervous , if I wanted to just talk on the phone until I was comfortable........so, he has my number and I hope he calls sometime over the weekend. He is going to see The passion of Christ?? Is that what it is called.......I don't pay attention.....lol
It is nice to have him in the same time zone!! It is also nice that he is 3 hours away instead of a plane trip away.So, maybe we will actually meet.He seems very thoughtful and kind. We do talk a lot about kids and church. He kind of taps into my serious side.I like to laugh to so he needs to show some more humor..........geesh......am I being picky??? lol

I need to go get Princess Gabrielle.......basketball games tomorrow and I am working ...........on call. Lets hope I have a quite weekend!!

Take Care!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-06-2004 at 12:27 AM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 02:30 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

I am heading out for a walk but I did my weigh in!!!!

Down 1.5 pounds to 153.5!!!!

Doing the HAPPY DANCE in Oregon!!!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:02 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Default Good evening~

Wow, where is everyone???? Helllllllloooooo...did everyone take a weekend off?

Been busy today the reason I haven't checked in until now. Got quite a bit done today and spent some quality time with hubby.

Susan~I see you have posted. CONGRAT'S on the loss! WTG girly-keep up the good work. I hope to be in the 150's sometime this year. I don't think you are being too picky, or picky at all. When I was dating my friends said that about me and I told them :I am not being picky, I just know what I want." and for me a sense of humor is a MUST! I am a goofball and I love to laugh. My DH was serious also but he opened up more as we got to know each other more. Good luck with Mr. Washington-I think that's great he is so close.

Jana~thinking of you guys this weekend. Hoping the weather is perfect for ya and you have a nice visit with SIL & family.

Kat~hope you are enjoying your 37th!

Marti & Shanna~hope you two had a fun day at Michaels and scrapbooking.

Hi Angie, Katie, Rita, & Kayecee

Well, just wanted to see what was up with everyone. I am going to go and do some more reading on my book and look at a few magazines. Trying to catchup on my magazines that I haven't had a chance to read since this moving business started. Take care ladies and have a good weekend-what's left of it.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:22 PM   #9  

Hello--

Had a fun time at Michaels. Shanna and I got to make a tag. It was just fun to sit there and make things with other people! Then we made a card. Nothing fancy..in fact, the one I sent to Kat was better!! (ok, so I'm bragging!) And we got to do some kind of plastic holder kind of thing. It was a sleeve that you can insert photos and stuff and put the background paper inside...(if that made sense) We pretty much did that to just get the paper!! We both put out name in for a drawing....a basket FULL of stuff I would love to own!!
Did some shopping there and came home with more stuff!! (mostly paper!) and now, I really need to make room in my office just for scrapbooking! I need shelves and stuff to organize myself. Very cluttered.

So that is how my day went. I'm trying to figure out how to use the fonts that I downloaded. For some reason, I can't figure out how to use them!! So that's what I"m up to right now.

Ok ladies....

I will chat with you all tomorrow.

Marti

Oh Yeah!---Congrats on the weight loss Susan!! Fantastic!! I weigh in on Monday and I'm hoping to see at least ONE little pound.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:01 AM   #10  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Thank you guys SO much for all the cards and well wishes. That was SUCH a treat!

I had a really nice day with the kids and am finishing it up right now with a chat with Anthony. *gete* I'll fill you in later,

Susan--congrats on your loss! Every little bit helps bring you closer to your goal.

Christi--your gent sounds like he is pretty promising as well. I wish you luck! Its great that he's so close. I'm going buggy here because I really want to see Anthony in person, but he's a good 14+ hour drive away.
fropvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 05:18 AM   #11  
a work in progress

Default good morning (?), ladies

Yeah, I guess it's morning...I fell asleep on the couch early, had a weird dream and woke up at 1 am, hubby is still up so here I am.

Happy Birthday to Rita, Kat, and Jana's Katie!!!

Celebrated my son Mike's b-day today -- he will be 18 on Monday. We went to Benihana's for lunch.

Jana, I know you won't see this until Tuesday, but you'll be in our thoughts and prayers this weekend as you visit your sister in law. I know it will do her a world of good to see you.

Susan, congrats on your recent loss! Good for you! Hey, you can tell people you are doing the WW program, only it's Water and Walking, instead of Weight Watchers, heehee Jana's right, it seems like it's easier to lose when there is more to lose to start out with -- did that make sense? Also, for bigger gals, like me -- tall as well as heavy -- 2 lbs isn't near as noticable a gain or loss as it is for someone with a petite frame. Hope Mr Washington turns out to be a great guy. My Mr Michigan turned out to be a keeper But there was once a Mr Texas that was a BIG loser, so I know you gotta be careful and take your time getting to know them. Being picky is OK...in fact you owe it to yourself.

Cristi, are you the one that was going to the home show? I read through so many posts tonight...funny coincidence, I'm working a home show tomorrow...well, I guess today now...from 2 pm until 6 pm. A meet-and-greet booth, with info on residential home lighting. Our company is doing a huge buy down for customers, paying money to local retailers, to make compact flourescent light bulbs cheap this spring for our ratepayers. So bulbs that would normally cost $5-$8 each will only cost $1-$2. Several stores are participating. We have some other programs we are promoting too, like free shade trees.

I have St. Patrick's Day cards ready to mail -- if I don't have your home addy, and you would like a card, just PM me with your address. I have Marti's, Jana's, Cristi's, Angie's, Susan's and Kat's...not sure if I have anyone else, so I'll have to check.

Okay ladies, it's late and I think I'm finally tired enough to sleep the rest of the night. Talk to you soon...

Katie
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:46 AM   #12  
RAR

Good afternoon everyone hope that everybody is having a great Sunday and will be posting soon Jana hope that you have a safe trip going and comming home Katie hope you have a sucessful home show, Susan congrats on your weight loss just keep it up whatever you are doing sounds like how I am loosing slow but at least it is a start well have agreat sunday raining in Ohio today so going to take it easyand not do anything Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:17 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Good Day All~

It is such a beautiful day in the neighborhood. The mud is finally drying up. It is a bit windy but hey I will take it!

Kat~glad you enjoyed the cards and well wishes-hope you had a fantastic birthday as well. I think you are getting Susan and I mixed up-ooopsie! Susan has the gent who is close-Mr. Washington as she calls him. My gent is a great guy and we met through a personal ad/dating service but we have been married almost 5 years now. I do hope you get to meet Anthony in person soon. Hey, 14 hour drive isn't so bad. Maybe you guys could meet 1/2 way???

Katie~hey girly-nice to see ya posting. Yes, it was me who was headed to a garden show. Didn't make it though-it was pouring down and with the distance between the parking lot and the Coliseum we would have been soaked. We did however go to a Home Show last month. Have a good time working the home show. That is a GREAT deal on the bulbs. I love things like that, both Vince and I do. A VERY HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY to Mike!!

Marti~girly, you ARE hooked! The scrapbook bug has gotcha! Which is an easy thing to do. I am glad to hear you and Shanna had a wonderful time at Michaels yesterday. I enjoy going to those classes-you learn so many neat things. So are you getting excited as the 24th gets closer??? You guys are still getting married on the 24th right? Make sure you have someone take pictures so you can share-even if it is just at the court house.

Hi Rita~sorry you guys are getting the rain We got it last week and I think we are supposed to get more this coming week.

Angie~have you found out anymore about your house?

Hi to everyone else, Shanna, Susan, Jana, Kayecee.

Well, tomorrow is weigh in day for me also.Wish me luck ladies-I am keeping my fingers I really don't think I am going to see a loss but I am hoping I maintained. I am going to get back on track tomorrow and get started on the FT again. I started out good last week but ended not so good. I gave into the cravings by the second day-that is terrible. I vow to do better this week for sure and stick to it. Got the upstairs done! Yeaaaaaa I am starting the basement today. Vince is working and I am a little bored so I may as well be doing something. We did a wall of photos yesterday which was a bit challenging. It is the wall going downstairs-but we got it done and it looks nice. I love how the different frames look with the yellow walls. especially the black frames. Well, that's about all I have for now. I will check back later. Take care all.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:17 PM   #14  

Afternoon ladies--

I love these new icons!! It's about time we got some new ones!!

Today James and I went to church and the couple next to us had twin one year old girls who were soooo loud, that we were unable to hear anything!! I was amazed at how they chose to let them carry on that way with out telling them to hush or to just take them towards the back. I know they're only 1 but still.......I don't think I would have let Jhanai run back and forth down the aisle though......

Today the weather is wonderful!! Sunshine! I think it may be time to take down the lights around my house. And take the old Christmas tree to a burn pile.....OR....I just may take a nap!

I don't want to spend too much time on the computer today.....very pretty out..so I'm making this short. Just wanted to pop in and say hello!!

Talk to you all later!
Marti
<--these are just too cute!!
Old 03-08-2004, 10:54 AM   #15  
One day at a time

Good Morning