View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 10:15 AM   #156
Kaylets

Hello all!

Slept till nearly 6:30 this am -- its overcast and lots of steady rain... dogs keep coming back in soaked...
Dh made a huge fruit salad and we were amazed at how much is going out to the compost bin... the little bits that get tossed in the regular garbage don't seem to amount to much until you make a big a salad and see how much it really is...
I had almost 2 cups of salad w/ 1/4 cup of lofat cottage cheese-- its partly an experiment to see how long b/4 my stomach yells for more.

Q Punkin-- I think rather than OCD, the Flylady's term for folks like yourself if Born Organized....which is a great trait... One DH says I already have but I disagree... but then again, compared to him!

I am very interested in your bathsalts recipes! Do you have any left? How about bath teas??? Please share... I didnt do nearly as much bathing as last winter but you are motivating me to get in there right now!

so... I have an NSV !!

Yesterday am, coworker told me that my jeans were too big and that it was time to stop wearing the size I was wearing. So, at lunch, I ran to Goodwill and lo and behold..... DRUMROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLllllllllll

I found a pair that zip up !! Took them back to work and even put them on..
Wasnt until I compared what I had been wearing to the Goodwill jeans, I was suprised at how worn and shabby the bigger pair had gotten.....
And... the Goodwill jeans were only $5 so I felt extra clever!!
Used to do lots of shopping at Goodwill ... you don't always come up w/ deals, its very much like yardsaling but its so funny to me how I "forgot" about looking there....

Motivation... got to grab it wherever you can...

But... here's an interesting thought-- I also brought tried on a smaller sized
dress. And it was too tight. So tight, it was impossible to tell if it would be flattering later when it fit.
And I actually started to feel those old familiar "hate to try on clothes" blues.... and had to stop myself by forcing myself to look again at the jeans I had just found that DID fit..... old habits...just like the big jeans...shabby and worn out... time to toss those old mental habits too!!!
--
I declare a 5 minute rescue on my body image!!

I am healthier than I've been in years!
My body size is no reflection of my worth as a person!
Not being able to control myself with certain foods does not make me a bad person; but understanding I have no control is my responsibility!
--

Eydie-- Firm does look very interesting... did yours come w/ that "new" box I see on tv? Now that I'm in smaller size jean, its a little disconcerting to see the shape of my legs so clearly....Again... inclination...motivation...determination!!

Anyway...

Thought of the day :
An Autobiography in Five Short Paragraph's by Portia Nelson

1. I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. I am lost. I am helpless. It isn't my fault. It takes forever to find a way out.

2. I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I pretend I don't see it. I fall in. I can't believe I'm in the same place, but it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

3. I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I see it is there.
I still fall in. It's a habit. My eyes are open. I know where I am.
It is my fault. I get out immeadiately.

4. I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

5. I walk down a different street.

-----

Off to the hairdresser. Time for highlights. (Is that the correct term? Last time I was told that "streaking" is not longer !)

KETTLE IS ON!

Today is the day!