Height: 5' 10"

Default Tofu Recipe's And Websites

Butter Fried Tofu Teriyaki
from "The Book of Tofu"
Serves 4

12 oz firm tofu cut into cubes
1/3 cup Teriyaki Sauce
1 and 1/2 tablespoons butter

Place sauce and tofu in a shallow pan. Marinate for 1 hour, turning tofu after 30 minutes. Melt the butter in a skillet. Add tofu and fry for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve any remaining marinade as a dipping sauce.

Shoot there's soooooooo much.......

HERE's SOME SITES:

http://www.soy-protein-tofu-recipes.com/

http://www.bhg.com/home/Tofu-Recipes.html

http://www.tofu.com/recipes.html

http://vegetarian.about.com/library/recipes/bltofu.htm

http://www.theblackmoon.com/Jfood/ftofu.html
Old 01-27-2004, 06:04 PM   #2  

Thanks!!! Although DH and I have incoroporated tofu into our diet for a about a year now, we really feel as though we've hardly scratched the surface....

What are your favorite recipes??
Old 01-28-2004, 08:33 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Kaylets, yesterday was the first time I really cooked with it. I made the recipe above and it came out pretty good, but I think I cut the chunks to thick, thinner might be better but it breaks so easy, and I bought extra firm. It was pretty good, but then butter always gives it good flavor. I also used a tad big of sesame oil. DH didn't like it but I did. One thing for me is it wasn't filling, so I guess I'll have to experiment more.

What are your fav recipes?
Old 03-02-2004, 07:00 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I posted this on the Veggie Chicks board but thought maybe it belonged over here:

I buy extra firm tofu and press it in the fridge overnight. (set the tofu between two plates - the bottom one upside down- and set that in a bowl so you don't have tofu juice everywhere. I press it with a can of tomatoes). Then, I wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze it. It changes it color and gives it a slightly different texture. Meatier.

Then, I pull it out of the freezer and thaw it, slice it into 1/4 inch slices and marinade it. I like spicy stuff so I sometimes to a chili paste, peanut butter, garlic, soy sauce, ginger, splash of lemon and sake marinade. (reserve a bit of the marinade for dipping) I marinade it for about a day. I slice the square in half (diag.) so they look like triangles. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Pour off about 1/2 cup of the marinade; it should reach about halfway up the sides of the tofu. Bake the tofu for 40 or 45 minutes or until the tofu is golden brown and most of the marinade has been absorbed.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:48 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

WOW that sounds great Jessica, thanks for the tip. I will definitly try it.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:39 AM   #6  

My favorite right this second is the Tofu Scrambler-- the closet thing to scrambled eggs but no cholesterol. We saute mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc and then "break" the tofu apart with a fork -- shredding the block of tofu comes to mind. Either b/4 the tofu goes in the saucepan or just after, sprinkle w/ turmeric to for color...
Stir in the tofu till heated through.

Usually, we use a full block to serve two of us and I find it very filling..
many times I can't finish my portion.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a perfect breakfast -- I enjoy the taste, its filling and "stays with me", is only aprx 3 pts depending on what you saute everything in...( We use a an oil mister so I only count about .5 )

A while back, with a bumper crop of fruit, we threw tofu in a smoothie and that was great too....

anyone else like tofu in their smoothies?
Closed Thread