Old 09-24-2017, 05:53 PM   #1  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Red face I'm still alive, I swear...just lost my way.

So, as some of you might remember, I had a big move across country that I was preparing for back in late-May/early-June. I ended up struggling during the process and gaining about 10 lbs by the time the move was over. Then, I came back here and made some posts, tried to get back on track, and lost about 8 of those pounds in the meantime.

Well....then I disappeared again after some unrelated real-life issues, and I fell off the bandwagon. I mean completely fell off and HARD. I stopped drinking water, overloaded on carbs, ate at any time of the day, stopped exercising --- basically the polar opposite of what I had been doing all those months before where I'd been losing weight. Just since my last post in July, I have gained 25 lbs back and nearly 30 lbs overall. I guess when I stumble, I full-on faceplant...lol. But, I'm back here trying to grab a hold of these reins again before I lose myself completely and end up back around 300 lbs where I started. I need to get a grip before it gets any worse.

I will join challenges again on the 1st, but I still wanted to make this post NOW and not tell myself to wait until I could join those, because I might just get sidetracked for another month and who knows how much I'd gain before coming back to my senses again. So, saying hi to everyone in a separate post...I am back and I will see you on the challenges next week! If I disappear again, someone come kick me in the shins....

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 11-09-2017 at 04:08 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:58 PM   #2  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back! I'm on a mission after a regain too...taking it in small steps this time, I'm working on the first 40lbs I need to lose and then I will adjust and go for the next 40.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

I am so glad that you are back, its funny because just yesterday I thought about sending you a private message, but I got sidetracked and forgot.

Good for you for getting back now when its a 30 lb. gain, compared to being back to square one, that is huge!! I bet that you will be able to shed most of that weight fairly quickly!!

It is so nice to "see" you again
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

Something similar happened to me except I fell off the bandwagon for like a few years. take the reigns and make the change now. the 1st is just a number. I started mid month and probably my biggest fear is falling off again and not doing it this time. No matter what's going on in life, i have to learn not to let it derail me (and trust me, I had quite a few things)... You are doing so great based on your ticker, get back on here and keep going!!!
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:38 PM   #5  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Angie: Thank you, and good luck on your mission as well!

Gemini: That is awesome to hear, and I'm glad it's working out for you! Hopefully I can get back on track and be inspirational again...lol.

kfunk: Thank you! And, there must have been something in the air this week...it was just meant for me to come back before October, I guess? Haha.

facingfacts12: That's what usually happens to me, too...I will disappear until I am back at square one or at a new highest weight that shocks me back into my senses, usually a year or two later. It's a vicious cycle! Hoping that I can snip this cycle in the bud before I get any heavier. I feel like I have been dealing with emotion-based binge-eating for the second time in my life, and it's been a lot harder to break than just regular overeating. It's really weird, and it's been a struggle, but here's to us both staying on the wagon this time!
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:03 AM   #6  
Gizmo

opheliaphoenix it's so nice to see you again. I think we all know what it feels like to deal with a tough personal situation and falling off the wagon. I hope things are settling down now for you
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

opheliaphoenix , emotional eating it the worst. I think without even knowing it... that's what was happening to me all along. Actually, I just seemed to eat for any reason. Stressed? I eat mindlessly. Overwhelmed? I escape/"reward myself" by eating foods I love. In deep thought? Something makes its way into my mouth without me noticing...
Here's the thing... over the last few years I've had to face some very difficult situations that I've had to concede that I cannot control. If I stood on my head, if I banged my head against the wall... doesn't matter. It's just not something I can do a thing about. Suddenly realizing that "this" on the other hand is something I CAN control... makes it so refreshing and wonderful. I may not lose weight at the speed of light. I may not ever look perfect even if I do. But I CAN... lose the weight. And what's more... I can make a choice to be healthy the rest of my life and actually control this.
Whatever the reason is why you are on an emotional binging spree... just put an end to it now. don't wait. Don't wait another minute.
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote