Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-19-2017, 06:14 PM   #1  

Default Bra Help...when your bat wings and tatas have become one

The title pretty much says it all. Somewhere along the way, my tatas, side tatas, and batwings have all merged to form some super tata that encircles my entire torso.

I have a short torso and sensitive armpit area, so finding a bra to contain all this AND be comfortable is a real issue.

I'm currently in a wireless Cacique that is about 4 inches too big in the band, but it is the only thing that doesn't give me pain during the day.

Any ideas?
beginme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:32 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I wish so much I could give you some valuable advice, in return for making me laugh so suddenly that I scared the dog and he ran out of the room NOT laughing at your situation but at your super humerous-Super Tata description. I hope so much that you can find a bra that fits you perfectly and comfortably
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:15 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I have to wear a loose band also, otherwise I get the dreaded side-boobs. Oddly, my sports bra doesn't cause this problem despite being snug and I am guessing it's that it's so wide. Maybe a really wide band is the answer.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:56 PM   #4  

Thanks, ladies. Hey, we've gotta keep laughing!!

Last edited by beginme; 03-24-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

I have found Ruby Ribbon Cami's. The extra support suck everything in all over. It smooths out back fat, side fat, tummy rolls, holds in all sizes tata's. Well worth the price. Extremely comfortable.
I will never wear a bra again. If you have larger then a DD order a size larger. They size by measuring under your bust.
It has some material on the bottom of the cami that you wear against your skin so it does not ride up. You step into it and pull it up.
Some of my friends with fragile stretch marks find them uncomfortable. They have stretch marks that tear easily.
Thank God someone invented these!
My sister tried one on and asked how come it didn't hurt. I don't know what she has been wearing.
No, I do not work for them but I should.
They have local consultants so you can try them on first.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:31 AM   #6  

Just go for bra-fitting and they will find you something for sure.
jennykorpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:32 PM   #7  

For those interested, I thought I'd report back.

This is the bra that works for me. I get it at Walmart. It is cheap and comfortable, with the trade off being a bit of uniboob. Not horrible, though, and given the pain of other bras, I'm willing to accept it. It goes up to 3x. Wish it went even larger for those over a 3x because it really is a bastion of comfort for my kind of shape.

http://www.hanes.com/shop/hanes/wome...efree-bra-g796
Old 06-29-2017, 12:58 PM   #8  

Height: 6-1.5

I don't know why, but my boobs have lost weight faster than the rest of my body. I really sympathize, but I know nothing about bras other than I have always hated them, and still do not like them at all.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 226/196/138

I can definitely empathize. Over the last 2 years I've struggled as I gained weight. I've had two bouts of tendonitis in my rotator cuff, cortizone shots, and PT because of a heavy top that require support. In the 2 months of my weight loss journey, I am happy to report some increased comfort. I'm looking forward to getting closer to my goal weight to get some relief.
lifeonahigherplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/117/110

Height: 5'3"

Regarding a uniboob in a sports bra, I tried this. Tie a slim hair band or some other small elastic in the middle, then wear another sports bra over it. They're a lot more comfortable now for me, and have nice separation. No more rubbing together!

You don't even need the second one really, it depends on what you use to tie. If the tie is too big, then it seems like there's a lump in your chest. The second one can help hide soft tissue spillage in the center though, if you have those kinds of breasts.
inPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:25 PM   #11  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I used to be addicted to properly-fitted underwire bras and then they started giving me really bad reflux and stomach aches that would last days so I totally understand the pain of a tight or fitted bra band. I actually didn't wear a bra for over a year for this reason and I have a job and somewhat large, extremely saggy weight loss boobs (36E). I just lived in mumu-shaped shell camis and boxy cardigans and blazers (even living in the tropics as I do).

However I'm back in that bra life and I've found a few on Amazon that are really comfortable and don't dig or compress or pinch and are all wireless and some are even lovely:
- Hanes Women's Cozy Seamless Wire-Free Bra
- Bali Women's Comfort Revolution Shaping Wirefree Bra
- Carol Martin Women's Full Freedom Comfort Bra
- Hanes Women's Comfort-Blend Flex Fit Pullover Bra
- Champion Women's Curvy Sports Bra

None of these bras are comparable to the shaping, lift, separation and hoisting that a fabulous underwire bra will give you but they do give decent support and they are comfortable and soft and don't rub or cause issues for a sensitive body. You may also want to consider getting some sleep/nursing bras (not to sleep in but to wear around) if mega lift and support is not that high a priority for you- I recommend the Lamaze Maternity Cotton Spandex Sleep Bra or the Kindred Bravely French Terry Racerback Nursing Sleep Bra. The good thing is that none of these bras are particularly expensive and they're all readily available on Amazon.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:16 PM   #12  
♡ Desire2B ♡

S/C/G: 206ish - mini goal 195

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

This reminds me of when I was close to my goal of 150.
At about 165 and under my skin was awful. My batwings
are already embarrassing. I'm glad you found a bra.

If my troubles don't improve at the 160 mark, I might
keep a bit extra weight to fill in some loose skin.
'sigh' regretfully my body will never forget being in the
300s.

@Toastedsmoke: I too left underwire ones. I'm wearing
Nike, Champion and Under Armour sports ones anymore.

Last edited by Desire2b; 09-13-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Desire2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:16 AM   #13  

I have to wear a loose band also, otherwise I get the dreaded side-boobs. Oddly, my sports bra doesn't cause this problem despite being snug and I am guessing it's that it's so wide. Maybe a really wide band is the answer.

2 lbs to goal!
detox is offline   Reply With Quote