View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 07:06 AM   #2
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday - US Bobby Fischer wins chess crown from SU Boris Spassky (1972, Reykjavik)

Diet Coaches/Buddies Walked, CREDIT moi, included stops at the library, Trader Joe's, Dunkin' Donuts, Whole Foods, T.J. Maxx, and Staples. I stopped everywhere, LOL. Got a book, roasted almonds, bags of Dark Roast ground coffee, a belt to replace the one that got wet in Costa Rica and never fully recovered, and a pack of index cards. Only Whole Foods yielded nothing since my goal was to see how its purchase by Amazon changed things. The fruit and veggie section was more open; fewer samples were handed out; salmon was cheaper; the same folks seemed to work there. Since I didn't buy anything I didn't learn how they'll know that I'm an Amazon Prime member.

Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, with few snacks. We had one small part of a cantaloupe for dessert (evening snack). The great news is that DW bought another three quarts of blueberries so that we can overeat blueberries for another week. Life is good.

Joy (gardenerjoy) Glad your Texas friend is surviving. Yay for the benefits of a plan even when not perfect.

silverbirch Happy 2017 Birthday!!! Kudos for recognizing that a birthday doesn't need sugar to make you one year wiser.

maryann - Thanks for "I note that the concert is the fun not extra food I can find." I wish that I'd stop thinking of food at every activity.

nationalparker Kudos for planning a healthy meal for visiting friends.

Karen (karenrn) - Yay for "I just have to remember I don't need to fill all that storage" - there's joy in the thought that space remains for new items.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 3 How Thin People Think

characteristic 4
You Fool Yourself About How Much You Eat

You'll learn how to effectively respond
to the voice in your head
that tries to convince
you that you must eat right now!

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 37.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years