Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-14-2017, 10:13 PM   #1  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Default Any Keto folks out there?

I'm new to Keto and only on day 2 -- I'd love to find a group of people doing Keto for tips and swapping advice/stories.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:23 AM   #2  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Angie! No advice on keto, but I wanted to welcome you back! On occasion, I go through a list of people who used to be regulars here and see who has come back. It was great to see you posting again.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:32 PM   #3  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi Diana! Thank you I just posted in your daily weigh-in thread too It's always good to come back here for a bit of motivation and like-minded people.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I just took a look over there. It's looks like you already have some nice losses. You've got this!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 328/323/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I'm brand new at this, and just started keto 2.5 weeks ago.. along with intermittent fasting..

So far, it is going well, found a bunch of helpful resources online..

Healfulpursuits.com was good (can't post the link, too new!)

And I read The Obesity Code by Dr Jason Fung.. it really made me re-evaluate the way I understood, or at least approach weight loss.

Hoping this gives me the push I so desperately need!

Good luck!
Megs
muggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:41 PM   #6  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Hi Angie.

I've been doing keto with intermittent fasting for the past 3 months. Would love to chat anytime! See you around
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/152/105

Height: 5' 2"

I'm on my second week of keto. It's working and I love that! Look forward to chatting
JBurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

I am a returning memeber as well...I had a nice loss this past winter-spring and I gained considerably over summer. I tend to lose nicely on primal (paleo) diet, and I added IF which I loved, but than for some reason I dropped off in summer and introduced bread back to my diet...which was a disaster! So now I'm back. My plan is to follow primal diet and add IF twice a week. I plan to fast full 36 hours. I'm also thinking of restricting my diet even more and try keto instead of just primal diet, but I will see...it seems a little daunting! Anyway, I would really love to regularly chat to someone who is following a similar weightloss program...
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #9  

Default Want to get on keto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
I'm new to Keto and only on day 2 -- I'd love to find a group of people doing Keto for tips and swapping advice/stories.
So I met a girl on vaca with a redic body and I straight up asked her how's much she's works out ans ahockinly she doesn't!! Wtf! She just swears by keto! No carbs. She only drank tequila on rocks and vodka bc it's zero carbs- had to look it up to see! Are a lot of eggs, avocados, fish. And no dairy. I'm thinking of getting in the train!
Ohiogal1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:36 PM   #10  

I am just starting on keto today.

I am trying to wrap my brain around this idea of no dairy on keto. I'm trying to do no artificial sweeteners, which already cuts out a lot of foods. I think right now though, I should refrain from that. Just because cutting out carbs is hard enough, I need to get over that hump first. Then maybe I will work on cutting out other things. I just find dairy to be so satiating, though. And I love cream in my coffee.
NFTM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:38 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFTM17 View Post
I am just starting on keto today.

I am trying to wrap my brain around this idea of no dairy on keto. I'm trying to do no artificial sweeteners, which already cuts out a lot of foods. I think right now though, I should refrain from that. Just because cutting out carbs is hard enough, I need to get over that hump first. Then maybe I will work on cutting out other things. I just find dairy to be so satiating, though. And I love cream in my coffee.
I'm not sure what you mean. As far as I am aware, many forms of dairy, including cream, whole milk, rich plain yoghurt and many kinds of cheese or even butter are not only allowed, but even highly encouraged on keto!
Old 08-25-2017, 07:37 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronja View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. As far as I am aware, many forms of dairy, including cream, whole milk, rich plain yoghurt and many kinds of cheese or even butter are not only allowed, but even highly encouraged on keto!
I think my post messed up, I was trying to quote the post above mine that said there was a girl who was doing keto without dairy. I love dairy, so I don't think I could cut it out.
NFTM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:41 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFTM17 View Post
I think my post messed up, I was trying to quote the post above mine that said there was a girl who was doing keto without dairy. I love dairy, so I don't think I could cut it out.

Oh, now I understand - and I totally agree with you, I can't imagine keto without dairy! All the lovely butter makes the whole deiting thing a lot easier
Old 08-27-2017, 10:11 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Keto diet is good where it pushes your body to burn fat for calories, therefore reducing weight. However, some argue that long term adherence to ketogenic diet is not good for health.

I personally haven't tried this diet, so won't be able to provide much tips.Wish you all the best!!
jab123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I follow low carb, not necessarily Keto. I just googled a Keto Food List and here's what it said about dairy.

The key to finding keto-friendly dairy is to look at the carb and sugar content. Regular cows milk is generally out as it’s fairly carb heavy, but heavy creams are a great and tasty substitute. Experiment with new cheese findings!

Full-fat cheeses
Heavy whipping cream
Full-fat sour cream
Butter (avoid margarines)
Full-fat cream cheese

So, butter is good, milk is not. I think most people use HWC in their coffee and some make Bulletproof Coffee, which contains Coconut Oil and Butter. Never tried it myself, as it sounds gross. LOL
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote