Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat: August 7 - August 13

Seems like I should limit how long I use recovering from Costa Rica as an excuse for not settling down to my standard eating patterns. The digestive system and the sleeping system have long come home; it's just the mind that still thinks that I need large portions since I'll be out walking all day without snacks.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:57 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Easy solution, Bill! Just go walking all day without snacks and you'll be fine! LOL
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:48 AM   #3  
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Easy solution, Bill! Just go walking all day without snacks and you'll be fine! LOL
Why, Yes, Yes - that would work. Why didn't I think of it, LOL.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #4  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

How was Costa Rica, Bill? I missed your return!

I found the perfect weight loss solution for myself (read sarcasm next).... Just go to Italy and hike 15 plus miles a day while eating pasta and gelato, then return and immediately drastically cut calories and start exercising. I returned Thursday night and am down below my weight when I left! That never happens post trip. I just hope I can keep the momentum as I'm still way over my redline.....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday was a holiday here. I saw "Atomic Blonde" on the weekend - awesome!!! - and am dragging hubby to it next weekend. Now that I have a bit of a handle on the story I can enjoy it visually.

Good week all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

We wanted to see a movie this past weekend, but it hasn't come to our desert yet. It looks quite interesting, Wind River. It's strange--we used to see a movie almost every weekend, but lately we wait until they're on pay-per-view and watch them at home. It has to be something we really want to see to go to the theater to see it.

Oh, and we've been bereft of television shows to watch because of summer hiatus. On the advice of friends, we binge watched Billions (HBO) and saw those two seasons and are currently binge watching Ray Donovan (SHO). We're about to start the 4th season (we watch 2 episodes per night) and have started to record the 5th season. Good shows. I suppose we could do the same with Game of Thrones but I'm one of those people who have not read any of the books nor seen a single episode. Why are there so many of us?
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Dagmar, you have an SUP, right? Have you ever done SUP yoga? I saw some women on a lake doing SUP yoga, although they were at the end of the hour so they were just doing happy baby. I wondered if SUP yoga involved warrior poses or sun salutations. I was thinking that SUP yoga might not be too relaxing if you were interested in doing relaxing yoga, but it looked like fun.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

So people don't post on this thread after the first day or so??
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:47 PM   #10  
Super Moderator

Apparently. I'm one who pops in with a post but mostly just reads. I stay pretty busy posting daily on the Beck Diet Solution Thread.

Perhaps I should contribute here a bit more here as well.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:06 PM   #11  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Sheila and Bill!

We definitely go quiet at the weekend. But have a look at the current discussion about threads in progress over on the 'Get back to where you once belonged' thread.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila53 View Post
Dagmar, you have an SUP, right? Have you ever done SUP yoga? I saw some women on a lake doing SUP yoga, although they were at the end of the hour so they were just doing happy baby. I wondered if SUP yoga involved warrior poses or sun salutations. I was thinking that SUP yoga might not be too relaxing if you were interested in doing relaxing yoga, but it looked like fun.
I had to sell the SUP as the storage and maintenance costs were too much for the couple of times I was able to use it. Funny you should post this now. I'm going to try out an inflatable SUP next week with the intent to purchase a used one if I like it. It comes with a backpack that I can carry it on my back with and I think it'll get a lot more use if I can just show up, pump it, and go at the lakeshore.

I can't see doing yoga on one being in my future. Too tippy and Lake Ontario is COLD.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote