South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-17-2017, 06:52 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Weekly Chat, July 17-21

Good morning!

Just drinking coffee in the moonlight before heading to work. I switched with the other girl so I open today. Yesterday was quite lucrative and I didn't kill me, so that's good. Food still on plan.

I wish I could find the motivation to roll my alarm after work. It didn't happen yesterday, try again today. That's my excitement. Not much. Lol

Welcome back Ohio Dreamer. That's quite a move on short notice.

Beth, glad to hear you are starting to get some produce.

Amy, so neat to have a boat for super hot days!

Jennifer, pretty impressive vegetarian you are!

Rose, yay for a day without events!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-17-2017 at 07:03 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Debbie and chicks to come. I had coffee by moonlight too, but that was because I worked a double yesterday lol. Hope you have another lucrative day!

Today is my annual mammogram and ultra sound. Looking forward to going grocery shopping afterwards lol Oh how times have changed!!! Hopefully I willl get some weeding done today. We have had a lot of rain which broke some of my larger coneflowers and hydrangeas. I haven't had to water at all this season lol.

Happy Monday!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Jennifer - that's awesome on the weight loss. At your height you must look quite thin. You are lower than my goal weight and I'm shorter than you! So what have you cut out of your diet? I know there are all levels of vegetarians. Funny how when you travel to another country and see what they eat it's like - eeewww, that's awful. But how is it different than what we eat? How is eating a horse worse than eating a cow? It's all they had, you have to eat what's available, but it is interesting to consider.

I am feeling like I can hop back on board and keep on going. Since the kids came home, and summer things just stalled out. More eating out, more having a cocktail here and there, just not pure dedication like I had before. So I'm feeling emotionally ready again. All the dinners are planned out for the week, I have to say I just love those sbd cookbooks, I don't think I could have done it without them. I don't want to be creative, just tell me what to make and eat.

Hope everyone has a great day!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from slightly soggy Delta. Huge t-storm went through last night and all the clocks were wrong this morning.

Today I "need to pull up my socks and get on with it" as my dear Dad would say We will be going to Oakville (near Toronto) for my brother's celebration of Life. We leave early Wednesday morning and won't be back until Friday morning when we attempt to patch life back together. So glad that Dave was still with us for our wedding, making an hilarious speech and working the room as is his habit at events We are all very sad and shocked but are coping. I've still not told my kids that their favourite uncle is gone.

Just cooked a huge and carby breakfast for my man. I certainly need to get a grip on food around here - he keeps buying cookies! Luckily he likes a salad with every meal and his favourite dessert is pie which I can easily skip! Luckily I can very easily skip pie. I may be the first woman in history to lose weight after her wedding!

Life goes on.

Hope everyone is getting a good start to the week and the rain stops somewhere sometime!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:43 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It has been a hectic morning here already. I am wfh and just finished one conference and getting ready for another. Did my walk this a.m. the weather here all week will be in the 100s again, yuck. Still op, but scale is not moving this time pretty sure it's hormones messing with me plus I am taking mega dose of ibubrofen so not sure if that is messing with my system. I can already feel a difference in arm though so I think between the dosage and a month of physical therapy I will kick it in the booty. Plus positive side note is I think the dosage is helping with my index finger injury as well. 2 birds with one stone.

Debbie hope today is profitable for you

Jekel it's amazing how when you shake up your eating it gets moving. Good luck on mammo today

Amy sounds like you have a plan and are ready to go again

Ruth glad you will have Bruce to go with you to your Brother's celebration of life

Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:02 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks.

I had to work this morning; after I came home and ate lunch I went out and picked 2 quarts of blueberries. yum We are also having off and on storms today and I wanted to get out there while it was sunny, even if it was very humid. I think I will make a smoothie this afternoon for my snack.

Ruth, it's good to have you back; I have been thinking about you. As far as food, can you get Bruce to put his cookies in a cupboard you can't reach? lol

Supposedly there were Northern Lights last night but it was too cloudy to see them. i wonder if there is hope tonight?
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #7  

Beth your comment to Ruth is too funny!!!! When I was pregnant I could not control myself (shocker right) My weakness was Reese PB Cups. They were always in the house. My ex hid them in the ceiling tiles LOL. Hope the humidity breaks soon.

Pearlrose glad you are getting some relief. I got a walk in this afternoon and it was muggy. I enjoy summer but I absolutely love fall.

Ruth I'm sure you will find your balance with Bruce's indulgences. Thinking of you and your family.

Amy I still have a hard time seeing myself as thin. Me, like most, am my worst critic. I have a number in my head (lol 135) that I would like to weigh. I weighed that in the 8th grade!!! Not very realistic as my body is nothing like it was back then. To think I thought I was heavy in HS! Mainly because most of my friends were well under 5'5" and barely weighed 115! Unrealistic for me to compare myself, but then again what do we really know at that age. The biggest thing I haven't been eating is dairy. I've been slowly weening myself, but last week quit it cold turkey. I know I ate poorly while I was away which attributed to the big loss. We shall see what this week brings. Lucky me did find a vegan pizza crust at Whole Foods today. My plan is to top it with roasted red pepper hummus and grilled veggies. This New Yorker loves pizza LOL. For me everything with weightloss, exercise and maintenance is balance. Living alone it is easier to stay OP. I make my breakfast everyday for work (smoothie during my commute) and bring my lunch and snacks. I may go out to dinner on my day off so that is when I'll indulge. If I bring it into the house I know I will eat it lol. I'm in mid / late 40's so hormones do like to effect my eating. WOW did I just go off on a tangent lol.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:15 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Getting ready to head in, start of 100 degree days for the rest of the week. I have lots of meetings scheduled for today, should make the day go by quicker. Since I had to go in figured I would schedule 1:1 with my staff. DD1 and I walked for 80 minutes last night so I got 2 hours worth of walking in yesterday and of course the scale still hasn't moved trying not to stress about it and just stay op.

Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:36 AM   #9  

Good morning,

I have to work out early this morning to get out of the way for the guy coming to look at why our wall is continuing to pour out water in the basement.

Jennifer - If I wanted to weigh what I did in middle school I'd have to go down to 102! I can guarantee we'd all look at you and say holy cow, she's thin! In clothes I know I look normal to people and I still am overweight. Part of my weirdness is to see how I compare to other people in public. I have no body awareness for myself, so occasionally I'll ask hubby if I'm bigger or smaller than someone. I can now tell that I don't look bigger than most other people in public. I don't think the first thing people think now when they see me is that I'm fat. I think my time hovering here at this weight has been good for me in a sense. I recognize I got through the first 50 pretty well. During this stall I got used to this weight and size. It's still crazy to me that I can fit in a 12, but I know even that is too big for my frame. I sure hope you can see yourself and know you are at a healthy weight and not chase some dream number in your head.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:58 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just lost a long post. Off to Oakville tomorrow for the wake and funeral for brother David and am doing OK. My biggest problem is coming to terms with the fact that he committed suicide. Still in shock but am not eating over it. Back Friday afternoon after the event.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:11 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Safe travels and warm thoughts to you, Ruth.

Amy, I think many people who lose a lot of weight have a difficult time seeing themselves as "no longer heavy". I know what you mean about asking hubby how I compare to others; I've done it too!

Pearlrose, I have decided to blame hormones for some of the weight I gained last month but at least I'm starting to see some movement downward. Good job on the walking yesterday!

Went to work this morning; in a little bit I will do a workout tape, then maybe weed the veggies. I got a nasty sting yesterday when I was deadheading my flower; luckily some ice and an anti-histamine took care of it.

Have a good day, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 203/188/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi All....have appreciated the recipes people have posted that curb my crazy sweet tooth (teeth?). The bean muffin recipe has been such a help as are the peanut butter cookie recipes as I head into the hardest part of my day (2-4pm). Always am so tempted to eat something not SB but if I plan ahead I can do this. I didn't have white beans today but tried pintos and they actually are fine! Counter intuitive, I know. :-)

Thanks for just being there. I know that there are other peeps out there working on this at the same time.
DrMarjie627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #13  

Pearlrose and Beth seems hormones effect all of us. My "new normal" is a big water weight spike right before TOM then the week after TOM goes so does the weight. I try not to get frustrated as my clothes still fit. But really enough is enough lol.

Amy thank you for the kind words. I have been learning to be kinder to myself and not let the scale dictated my life, but its like that one annoying friend we all have lol. When I graduated the police academy i weighed 143 and I remember being told I was too thin. Believe me I ate it was from the physical activity. A lot of joke and say we wish we could go back just for the PT. I am still in the same Class A uniform so realistically I do know I'm good....lol I refuse to buy another one of those as they are custom made. Except whoever makes the pants puts the longest zipper in them and females look like they are wearing old man pants (well at least that's how mine feel). One thing I have learned through all this, clothing store sizes are not consistent. Sometimes all it would take would be a larger size to ruin my mood. Then I had an epiphany, even though I have loved the GAP since my preteen years, realistically they market towards a younger shopper. I can still find a great pair of jeans at stores that realize most women have hips lol. Jjill has become one of my new favorite places to shop. Especially since I find their pants stay put lol

I made a super easy yummy pizza tonight. Thanks to Whole Foods I bought a premade vegan pizza crust (whole wheat, yeast, salt and maple syrup 1 gr sugar per serving) I drizzled a little of my good olive oil (Saratoga Olive Oil Company so good), smeared red pepper hummus and topped it with grilled asparagus, yellow squash and roasted red peppers. Drizzled a little balsamic and sprinkled Adobo on top. Made enough leftovers for 2 more dinners. I bought the veggies cooked at Whole Foods too. Oh how I wish there was one closer to me as I love going there for ideas.

Ruth glad you have Bruce to lean on. Be gentle to yourself.

DrMarjie glad the recipes are helping you. Great job on your weightloss and not giving in to temptation.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:49 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I actually just woke up which is called sleeping in for me. It's nearing 6 AM. Work has finally picked up and I'm really grateful. when I finally got home yesterday I was upstairs for my after work rest and my sister asked if I wanted to go to Denver. The doggies weren't happy but I did go down. We had a nice dinner and got a couple of errands accomplished.

Today I go down to Denver again for my noon meeting. I have three must do's before I leave. Do my laundry, mow my lawn and plant the climbing rose that I bought last week. I arranged for the dog sitter to come in today because I have a pair of work shoes that are clear across town. A few other miscellaneous items that would be nice to cross off the list. Tomorrow morning I head to Glenwood early.

Amy, did they arrive at a conclusion as to why you have water coming into your basement?

Ruth, thinking of you this morning

Jennifer, your pizza sounds good!

Beth, that's a lot of blueberries!

Dr Marjie, I often use different beans in those dessert recipes and they work just fine.

Rose, good for you getting all that walking in there and I'm glad your shoulder is getting better.

Food has been good and the scale continues to inch down. Still OP. Yay!

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:41 AM   #15  

Good morning!

I'm back to where I was the day I left for vacation. I even ate ribs yesterday, but I was desperate. I had to not eat all day for a fasting blood test at 4:30. We're looking into getting life insurance for the company. I couldn't even think about cooking or prepping before that and by the time we were done I just wanted to eat fast.

Debbie - yes, they found the second cause which was something to do with a pipe on the outside that wasn't connected correctly. The insurance adjuster is coming today to take a look.