Old 05-19-2017, 11:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/280/160

Height: 5'10

Default Switching to Low Calorie

Hi!
I lost 80 pounds on the low carb diet and then went off and gained half back and i've unsuccessfully been trying low calorie(i'll either maintain or binge eat and gain) for three years. Has anyone successfully made this switch? What did you do? Any advice? I'm about to go back to low carb to lose the weight again...
warriorqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:00 PM   #2  
slow and steady is ok

S/C/G: 318.6/279.2/190

Height: 5'6"

I have used My Fitness Pal on the past and successfully lost 70 pounds on it. Unfortunately I stooped using it and gained a good bit of it back, so I have started on the weight loss journey again. What I have found with the low calorie diet is I am more successful when I keep my carb intake right between 100 and 120.
Joyful in Missouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

I'm doing a combo. I do south beach diet and I calorie count. Too much of a good thing can still be too many calories, but it's a healthy way of living - lean protein, veggies, whole grains, etc Loads of recipes online. Then I weigh and measure and calorie count. The calorie counting for me was in conjunction of learning portion sizes.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

I did the low carb for a short period of time. I think it ends up lowering your calorie intake based on what you eat (so long as you don't binge on meats and fats). However, I think calorie counting is better for accountability and allows a few small cheats (chocolate morsel or glass of wine) for sanity's sake. To get things rolling I am going to try and avoid major carb loads like grains and sugars...then ease it back in later on. Realistically most people can't maintain a low carb lifestyle forever. For me, calorie counting is tedious but it works.
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello all, I have a question, hope someone here can help. I lost 60lbs a few years ago calorie counting and completing a weight lifting program. I gained it all back and have decided to start all over, I was looking at the various diets and decided to calorie count with low carb and low sugar so a couple days ago I cut out that stuff. My problem is fatigue, I have read this is normal for a few days or more. Has anyone else here had this problem and how long did it last? When I say "fatigue", I mean, I can barely move, have energy. on the plus side, I have lost 5lbs in a couple days and I know that's prob water weight and most people lose quickly at first but still happy. My son has decided to have a beach wedding next month and I really want to lose some before then but I really do not want to feel this tired for very long.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

stlrsgrl43 you may have the keto/Atkins flu. Drink some chicken broth and you may feel better. It usually only lasts a few days.
We have a Atkins section on 3 Fat Chicks. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/
Read up on some of the threads and a lot of your questions will be answered.
For great recipes check out dietdoctor.com
Good luck. You can lose a lot by your sons wedding.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks ubee
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote