Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-01-2017, 09:35 PM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default July 2017 Ups and Downs Support Thread

It's July and here is our new thread all, we are a supportive group who love to see new people here and get to know you.

I had typed out personal to EVERYONE and then lost it maybe I'll try again once I stop throwing a tantrum
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:46 PM   #2  
Biker Chick!

Okay I'm over it

Hotaru_Moon, it is wonderful that you found a combo of meds that are helping you to feel normal!! that is huge! and such a relief to find out that those meds do contribute to weight gain. I hope you can find a way to combat the hunger while trying to lose weight.

Lisa - was today when you were going to tell Jennifer about your decision to move? I hope she was not critical. Stand firm with your decision to not let it sway you! Oh, is your poor back better?? i hope so! and CONGRATS on finding an exercise workout that you are doing day after day and it is obviously giving you results!

topsy - wow 11,000 steps is ALOT of walking! great exercise! It's rainy here too, hope your feet are warmer now

Kathleen - always thinking of you and hoping your son is doing ok

Coop - oh gosh I hadn't realized the extent of damage that your poor other half has been suffering, is he in pain alot? i hope not. And how can they make you wait 20 weeks?! outrageous (and the silly young co-worker 'got over' his snit at me, and has been 'normal' acting. but for how long? )

rdjrneace - we are sorry to hear you are down about your weight, oh yes we have felt that 'failure' feeling associated with the darn scale. please feel free to visit us and talk more
Old 07-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

we have had day upon day upon day of RAIN, so discouraging, that I haven't been able to be on my motorcycle for over a week, nor do any yard work, those are 2 things I love about summer! but maybe tomorrow will be an improvement, the forecast seems to say so, but we know how they lie

I'm still doing amazingly well eating about half of what I was previous to these prescription diet pills...I am still morally torn about taking them, but I can't argue with looser jeans!!
Old 07-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Ah! I just read all of June, wrote a lengthy post and lost it!

I will write personals soon - it was good to catch up and find my old friends still here.

My pinched nerve is gone, I have painted two rooms, and now I am busy replacing furniture and decorations.

Take care,

Monica
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:55 PM   #5  

Hi ladies,

I have found if you copy your post BEFORE attempting to post, it works every time. Trust me on this.

Hi Holly,
Thank you for starting the thread this month. I am sorry you haven't been on your bike lately. I know that brings you peace.

Monica,
It's great to see you post. We've missed you.

I went to my niece's wedding on Sat. She was breathtaking and the wedding was beautiful. I'll post some pics later.

The closing on my mom's house is still on for the 14th. Keep me in your thoughts.

I've informed every one of my move. I'm leaving the last week of Sept. My friend, robin is riding with me. She is soooo excited to see the country.

Thats it for now.

Ta
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:00 PM   #6  

Old 07-04-2017, 11:04 PM   #7  

Old 07-04-2017, 11:04 PM   #8  

Sorry they are a little blurry.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:17 AM   #9  
Biker Chick!

not a bit blurry! she is gorgeous..dress is beautiful..and what a colorful pretty wedding bouquet! thank you for the pics Lisa

yes positive thoughts towards the closing! and yay for the firm decision on the move, how nice to have a good friend do the drive with you

Hi Monica!!!! so glad the pinched nerve is gone! so good to see you

have to get ready for work, but have been able to ride to work for 3 days now, YAY!

have a good day friends
Old 07-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #10  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

to our new group members! So happy you found us!

Holly: Thank you for starting the July thread! Time is flying! Sorry you weren't able to ride your bike for awhile, but happy to hear that you are back in business the past three days! Wow, it sounds like that weight loss pill is awesome! I want some!!!

Lisa: Your niece looked beautiful on her wedding day. I love her dress! So happy that you've told everyone about your big move and that your friend will be going out to take you. How did Jennifer take the news? I hope it went well. I am SO super proud of you for exercising three days in a row!!! That is awesome!!! Sorry you hurt your back though. Hope it is better by now.

Monica: I was SO happy to see your post! Thanks for checking in... even though you lost your longer post. That's great that your pinched nerve is finally gone! Sounds like you have been busy since you are feeling better.

Coop: Wow, it sure sounds like it's been a rough, long process for your OH. Glad he will be getting things settled soon. Please keep us updated on his progress.

My son is currently at his first DBT group therapy meeting. He was so nervous that he didn't sleep a wink last night. I so hope and pray that it is going well. He has joined in with our family a little more over the past week, which is small progress. We continue to take one day at a time. I, along with my little family of four and many in my extended family, are going to Ireland at the end of July. We will be celebrating my Mom's 83rd birthday, my Dad's 88th, & their 63rd wedding anniversary! I have been to Ireland several times and absolutely LOVE the people and the gorgeous countryside!☘ Just wanted to let you all know in case I'm MIA more than usual. I will try to check in before we leave though. Please know that, even when I can't post, I think of this group and all of you often and always wish you the best!

Last edited by IBelieveInMe2; 07-05-2017 at 08:33 PM.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:16 AM   #11  
Biker Chick!

Hi Kathleen, so good to see you here I hope so much that your son's group meeting went well for him, gosh you have all put so much work and prayer into him getting better!

and WOW Ireland sounds fantastic! what a great way to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries!

Hello to Lisa, Coop, Monica, JesikaBeth, and the newbies!

We had FOUR nice days in a row finally!! and I got to ride to work, which was so great. And we had our monthly motorcycle meeting Wednesday, and it was way up north right near the Canadian border, and we got to ride to that one too. We gave out $4000 in education gifts to 8 graduating seniors, and I was not one bit nervous as I did my Presidential duties

I hope everyone is doing well
Old 07-09-2017, 10:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 187

Height: 5'7"

Default New screen name

Hi Everyone!

I recently returned to 3FC under my new name. My old name was Coffeeshopgirl, and while I still (and will always) love coffee, I decided it was time for a change. I wanted to journal a bit about that here.

I have been going through a lot of changes lately. Last year, I completed my master's degree and began a new career. I did a lot of soul searching in the last 10 years and that journey doesn't seem to stop. Really, I am adjusting to a consistent routine rather than a college lifestyle. Let me explain what I mean.

In college, I learned what it meant to push myself. I learned the meaning of mental and emotional stress. Pizza was my best friend, as it would keep me company as I stayed up late studying for exams or writing papers. After a night of drinking with friends, there would always be a late night pizza or pasta dish to help me sleep.

After college, it was very difficult to adjust to a 9-5 lifestyle. Lots of anxiety followed by binge eating to calm my nerves. It took years to learn how to relax. How to recognize that I have done enough work for the day. How to find a healthy balance.

Lately I have been looking within myself trying to find a balance. What do I need to be happy? How do I let my stress get in the way of my goals? When is enough good enough?

As analytical as my mind wants to be, I have begun to listen to my body and intuition. I developed my new screen name, ThinkAgain, as a reminder to look forward. Each meal is a new opportunity to binge or not to binge. Don't wallow in the past. Learn from the past, but move forward with new perspective.

Thanks for listening
ThinkAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #13  

Sorry I've been absent, ladies.

My knee is bothering me. Making certain movements can cause agony. I have an appt tomorrow with my knee Dr. I hope he can help me. The pain is affecting my mood. I've been down.

Welcome to the new posters. We're glad to have you here.

Hello to everyone else.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 07-09-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Hi Everyone

My goodness, it's been a crazy couple of weeks. I have missed you all dearly

This is probably going to be long, but I have so much to tell you all! LOL!!!

Work has been insane, to say the least. I am also preparing to take the state licensure examination and am SO freaking nervous I won't pass. I'm not that great of a test taker to begin with, and while I know I'm good at what I do, admittedly so I'm intimidated by this huge exam! Please send good vibes. I take the test on the 27th (which is on the down low in real life because I just don't want the f2f pressure incase I don't pass!)

In other news...

I was just diagnosed with another autoimmune disorder, so that brings me up to having 3 autoimmune disorders, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, diabetes, and mental health. Seriously, feeling frustrated. I've managed to let myself go a bit due to all this stress, and I've gained weight

BUT... the good that's come from all of this is that I've really done some soul searching and reflecting on my life, how I live it, my health, etc. I am a Cancer survivor also, I had cancer in my gut, went through chemo and radiation for almost 2 years, and have been Cancer free since 12/2014. During my cancer journey, I had a life revelation so to speak, and decided it was time to get serious about my health - I was given a second chance, and having Cancer changed me (for the better.) SO - since 2014 I've lost nearly 100 pounds, most recently quit smoking...

but after this latest diagnosis, I've had another revelation of sorts: I do not treat my body healthily, and I probably contribute to my own illnesses. I also do not treat my mind as healthy as I'd like.

I've been reading up on foods that contribute to autoimmune issues, and after much research I've decided to begin an elimination diet in order to figure out what foods I react to/trigger symptoms.

We are going on a cruise the middle of August, and when I return I will be promptly beginning this elimination protocol. It's a 21 day regimen where I'll have a set list of YES foods and NO foods, a detox for the first few days then every 2 days I'll re-introduce a food back into the mix. While this is going to be a challenge, I'm not only up for it, I'm actually looking forward to it and living a healthier lifestyle overall, doing what I can to do that

I'm also working on my mental health/stress reduction - now that's gonna be a work in progress... LOL !!!

I'm still smoke free -- 38 days and counting !!!

Lastly, doing ok with my mom's passing. It'll be 6 months on July 20th. I have my moments where I'll have mini meltdowns, some moments I'll just get teary, but actually most of the time I'm ok. Grief is a strange, strange process!

Well I suppose that's about it for now. Thanks for listening and I hope to be back sooner next time!

Have a great day everyone
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkAgain View Post
Hi Everyone!

I recently returned to 3FC under my new name. My old name was Coffeeshopgirl, and while I still (and will always) love coffee, I decided it was time for a change. I wanted to journal a bit about that here.

I have been going through a lot of changes lately. Last year, I completed my master's degree and began a new career. I did a lot of soul searching in the last 10 years and that journey doesn't seem to stop. Really, I am adjusting to a consistent routine rather than a college lifestyle. Let me explain what I mean.

In college, I learned what it meant to push myself. I learned the meaning of mental and emotional stress. Pizza was my best friend, as it would keep me company as I stayed up late studying for exams or writing papers. After a night of drinking with friends, there would always be a late night pizza or pasta dish to help me sleep.

After college, it was very difficult to adjust to a 9-5 lifestyle. Lots of anxiety followed by binge eating to calm my nerves. It took years to learn how to relax. How to recognize that I have done enough work for the day. How to find a healthy balance.

Lately I have been looking within myself trying to find a balance. What do I need to be happy? How do I let my stress get in the way of my goals? When is enough good enough?

As analytical as my mind wants to be, I have begun to listen to my body and intuition. I developed my new screen name, ThinkAgain, as a reminder to look forward. Each meal is a new opportunity to binge or not to binge. Don't wallow in the past. Learn from the past, but move forward with new perspective.

Thanks for listening

WELCOME!!!

This is a great thread of some fantastic people. I understand about balance, boy do I get it !

Glad you're here
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote