Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-31-2017, 09:42 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up June 2017 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-30-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:18 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

So had to scoot over here a little early....last day at old job done, celebrated by going out with DH and co-worker, had a few adult beverages and in the morning I will be on the hunt. I do have an interview in the am but my last three did not go as I had hoped but at least I am getting called! 1st interview I liked it but was second choice, 2nd interview hated the place, like walking into a funeral home, 3 interview did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling at all, office was dark and not at all inviting.

I will get up early though and do my workout as I usually do, tomorrow is upper body with weights ???whoop whoop???

see you tomorrow
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:40 AM   #3  
Beginning Lifter

S/C/G: 196/---/135

Height: 5'8" Pear Shape

Helllooo, since a new month is starting I'm popping into this thread to see if it helps keep me motivated to be posting as I go for my goals.

I have a ticker in my sig but I'm not really sure that the number in it is really what weight I want to get down to, I was just focused on finding a number. How I look is a better goal for me - I've gotten down to a size 8 jeans now and I'm goaling for a size 6.

For eating habits I eat intuitively which has been great for weight loss so far this year, but I really need to go for protein more often because tracking my macros has shown me that I eat very, very little of it. This month just seeing an upswing in it will make me happy, no specific aim yet.

For workouts I will be doing exercise DVDs since I find them fun, but I am beginning to focus on weight lifting. Started with it last month and the change in my body has been inspiring to keep going!
graciey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:37 AM   #4  

Hi All Happy June !

Going to make this short. Strep is back.

Kelijpa, great to see you

Diana. Happy birthday to Cody !!!!!!!! woof. Love the things you got for him.
And also CONGRATULATIONS on selling the house. That is such amazing news. I am very happy for you. When is the closing?

Chunkaunkah Love your spirit. You will apply until you are accepted. WTG. I am hoping it wil be on the first attempt. I think it will. But your spirit and dedication are great. What a great thing to know what you are meant to be doing in life. And nothing will change that. Unless something even better comes along.

Graciey great to meet you. And congrats on what you already have lost

Hi to everyone else

Today was good. Around 1200 calories.
Had to cancel all my plans between yesterday and next monday because of the strep. I hope this time it leaves a lot faster than last winter. Yes. it will !!!

I hope everyone has an awesome Thursday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Last edited by flower123; 06-01-2017 at 02:10 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:42 AM   #5  

Good Morning

Thanks for the warm welcome,,,

Great idea on the compression socks! I will have to get a pair or three,,,,I do try and get up and move at lunch and breaks, but that's complicated by the fact that I also have osteoarthritis and am bone on bone in both knees,,,,,,I really need to get knee replacements, but in the meantime, I have a difficult time walking too far,,,,,,According to the doctor, it's pretty advanced.

Waving at all the people who welcomed me so warmly,,,,

OK now for what I ate today,,,Today was a bit unusual as we ate out for dinner,,,,,,a transformer had gone out in our neighborhood, so no cooking tonight LOL

Breakfast:
310 calories
1c cheerios
1/2 cup whole milk
1 medium banana

Lunch:
554 calories
2 ham and cheese wraps--each with 2 oz honey ham and 1 slice baby swiss cheese with mustard and wrapped in a flour tortilla
1 c cantaloupe

Dinner: 840calories
Denny's Bourbon Chicken skillet
Diet coke

(not worried about the calories, I had them, but the salt is probably going to KILL my water weight tomorrow! )

Total calories 2146

No snacks.
CommaHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:10 AM   #6  

CommaHolly welcome. Sorry I missed your previous post. Was not able to read a lot of posts today.
Hope the transformer is quickly fixed.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:09 AM   #7  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Flower The closing happened on Tuesday. It's a done deal, although, yesterday I kept thinking I was going to get a call saying the sale fell through. Great job on your day! I hope you feel better soon.

graciey
Hi and welcome to the check-in.

nancylmrn I love your enthusiasm! Good luck today and hoping something good comes your way.

I think the events of the week are catching up with me. I feel exhausted.

Today is Cody's birthday, he's 4 years old. I got him a cup cake with candle, decorated cookie, and we already have his ice cream. He just ate his regular breakfast and ate the cookie. Tonight we will do the cup cake and ice cream. Exciting times over here for us. LOL

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning, overslept a bit

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 183.6
Down: 1 pound

Have a great day and start to the new month!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 1

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

One thing would really make dieting easier: Knowing what the results are actually going to look like. When we diet, we have to hold onto some image we have created in our own minds. Perhaps it is an image crafted from an old picture, or a memory of what we looked like so many years ago. Still, there is no tangible goal we can point to and say, 'That is what I will look like when I lose weight.' We have to live in hope of something we want, and hope can be scary. Ask God to help you. He will enable us to believe in what we imagine, even when we can't always see it in reality.

Today's thought: I'll know better why I'm dieting after I'm done!

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-01-2017 at 08:10 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:54 AM   #8  

omg, I just looked up the sodium in that Denny's skillet,,,,,,,Sodium 2950.

Where's the fainting icon.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:33 PM   #9  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Happy June!

I got home from work last night to find my right knee swollen, lumpy and aching. I have never had that happen when running or walking before. I absolutely have to have my knees last for at least another 15 years, which was one (of many) reasons I decided to be determined to lose weight this time around. Not sure how to go about it without being able to hit it hard. I am thinking of substituting cycling for running. Building quads is supposed to stabilize knees. I am also contemplating Atkins again as I was successful in the past. A good way to get some weight off these old knees rather quickly.

Hope you are all having a great day. Wondering if Nancy had a good interview. Be back later!

Last edited by LurchMomma; 06-01-2017 at 02:34 PM.
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:42 PM   #10  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Diana - on selling the house!

flower - Thank you! I'm in my 30s and tried a couple other careers after graduating college. I had always wanted academia, but b/c of the horrible job prospects I gave up before I even tried. A couple of years ago, I realized that it wasn't just the job prospects that had scared me off. I hadn't tried because deep down I didn't believe my life could be what I truly wanted it to be; I expected a life of compromise, so gave myself that. Once I realized how I was holding myself back with those beliefs, I firmly kicked them to the curb. I'm sorry you have strep. That's a rough illness. I hope you feel better soon!

CommaHolly - Welcome! You mentioned your water weight gains. Big swings must get frustrating! Do you think you'd be good with weighing less often, or does the scale bring positives for you that make up for the swings?

LurchMomma - Oh man, so sorry that you weren't notified for two years about the Lyme test results! I'm glad your catching the knee pain early. Testing if you feel better with cycling is a great idea.

I hope you're all having a good day. The weather is absolutely gorgeous today in my neck of the woods, so I took a long walk in the park. I'm committed to being more active. It's sad that I can get into a lifestyle where I barely even move, at all!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 06-01-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:55 PM   #11  
Fishing for a plan!

Well we went fishing and I managed to fall out of the boat and on to my head in the gravel covered asphalt parking lot. I was trying to get crappie out of the live well and throw them back as my husband pulled the boat out of the water because a pontoon boat was waiting to launch. I misjudged the distance from the boat to the water and one of the fish ended up flopping around on the dock. I intended to climb quickly over the side and onto the trailer and then drop to the ground to save the poor flopping fish. I guess I lost my balance. Anyway, all 184 pounds of me whacked the trailer and then crashed headfirst into the gravel. I told DH that my center of gravity is off because I've gained so much weight. Lol. Truth is I've always been a klutz and fat probably kept me from breaking a hip.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:58 PM   #12  
Fishing for a plan!

Just checking in before checking out...

I hope you all had a great Thursday. Today was my day off as it is my weekend to work. I will be off Monday, as well.

Diana: Happy Birthday to your Cody! We have three dogs. Zip, Dodge, and BadBoy. BadBoy came to us already named. When I praise him, it's "GOOD BOY Bad Boy, GOOD BOY!" LOL. You asked about the Lyme disease....I was in the hospital in 2014 with an irregular heartbeat and a pulse in the 30's. I was at work and was having chest pain and was dizzy and short of breath. I drove myself to the ER, and was shocked when they admitted me. LOL. Nurses never believe there is anything seriously wrong with themselves. I guess the symptoms were consistent with Lyme Carditis, but I don't recall being told they were checking for that. Then, two years later, I was at my PCP's office, still feeling awful and exhausted, and he was looking through old labs for comparison values and noticed I'd had a positive Lyme result back when I was hospitalized. So, I took ten days of doxycycline, and that was that. Ticks are nasty. Is your husband fully recovered from Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever?

Chunkahlunkah: Thanks for the encouragement. Now that I've fallen on my head, I'm thinking I should wait until I have a helmet to start with the bike riding!

Weekend Boater: Great to see you as always!

Hi CommaHolly, Graciey and Flower!

I have decided to start Atkins induction Monday. Actually, I had started Atkins in 2016 and had lost around 15 pounds fairly quickly, that's when I was feeling so awful I could barely climb the stairs at work, and I thought I had the "low carb flu". I went off Atkins and went to doc, and that's when the Lyme diagnoses came into play. So, I'm thinking maybe the low carb had very little to do with how I was feeling. Anyway, I am going to give it another shot. I guess I'll find out one way or the other. LOL. I do dread induction.

Have a great evening everyone. It's back to work for me tomorrow. I won't be typing you guys to death!
Old 06-01-2017, 11:33 PM   #13  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

CommaHolly Wow, that's a lot of sodium.

Chunkahlunkah Good luck with being more active. My job is mostly sitting. I am trying to do some 10 minute Leslie stuff during the day to get extra movement in.

LurchMomma Gosh, that sounds like something I would do. I hope you are OK, it sounds like an awful fall and you are very blessed not to have gotten hurt. I call those things, wipe outs. I am famous for having my wipe outs. DH was put on the antibiotics. The Dr. said he is over it. I don't know that they re-tested. Unfortunately he always feels bad. He has quite a few health issues and takes a lot of medicine. I am never sure exactly what's making him feel bad.

Waving Hi all around.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:36 PM   #14  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits, premix that contains Hi-Lo, Upper Body, & Lower Body w/12's, 30 minutes treadmill
Old 06-02-2017, 12:25 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkahlunkah View Post

CommaHolly - Welcome! You mentioned your water weight gains. Big swings must get frustrating! Do you think you'd be good with weighing less often, or does the scale bring positives for you that make up for the swings?
No, I just like self torture Seriously, the only weight I am taking seriously is the first thing Monday AM weigh in,,,,I lose all my water weight over the weekend,,,,at least my feet look less swollen then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchMomma View Post
Well we went fishing and I managed to fall out of the boat and on to my head in the gravel covered asphalt parking lot.
OMGOSH! Are you ok???

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchMomma View Post

Hi CommaHolly, Graciey and Flower!

Waving!! HELLO!