Old 05-22-2017, 08:05 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #301 Bale of Turtles Aiming for a Goal

We are the Turtle Group here at WWW.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles

Judy - nice you got away with your sisters, sounds like fun & kudos for staying on track even with cake!

I was down .75# at my weigh in last Thurs so was happy about that. My extra long weekend was good, the kids went away to the cottage and my gf who goes to Florida for 6 months & is now back came down on Saturday and stayed overnight, so that was a really nice visit. We caught up on everything & really enjoyed our time together, did some shopping, baking (banana bread) and had a bbq.

Got in a few big walks over the weekend but did have some extra snacks, so not sure about this weeks weigh in.

As I told you, our tops chapter is closing & a few of us are transferring to a chapter closer to my new home, so that is something to look forward to.

Sometimes change is just what you need - new members, new opinions etc. So I will transfer there end of June.

All - have a great week & drink some extra water!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:41 PM   #3  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Gail, so glad you had such a nice time. great : I WI on Friday and am hoping to have shed a pound since I was up a bit last WI. I've got a good attitude about food.............eating when I am hungry, etc. Still the nighttime snacks are a challenge. I am working on one thing at a time. Right now I am cooking ahead and prepping ahead so there is always something nutritious to eat when I'm hungry.

Always good hearing from you. Talk soon.
Judy
Old 05-30-2017, 11:22 AM   #4  

Hi Judy - Hope your weigh in went well & glad you have a good attiude towards your food.

As you, night-time snacking is always a challenge, but usually I plan ahead and leave room for something at night. Even just a couple of cookies & some jello is under 200 calories &
I get that sweetness I need when I cut back on my carbs.

I was up 1# last week at Tops but already that is gone & hoping to be down this week at my meeting.

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-30-2017, 08:01 PM   #5  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
Gail, you're doing great. Keep up the good work. I also was up a pound after being in SC on vacation for 5 days, and then back home to a hectic schedule for the second week. Past weekend wasn't the best. I had a good BBQ planned, but guests brought in things that were unexpected and I didn't use my head. Today was great and I'll keep on track.

Sending : and to all who make an effort. We can do this!
Judy
Old 06-02-2017, 05:31 PM   #6  
Chick

Looking forward to a good weekend. No real plans, but the weather is looking up and that's a good thing.
I got on the scale with a gain this week, so I need to look at what I am doing and be more careful.
Wishing all of you a great day and week. : is in you future.
Judy
Old 06-09-2017, 08:09 PM   #7  
Chick

Lost a pound this week. It's not coming off quickly, but that's what is.
Sending : and : to anyone who reads us.
Turtles, chime in when you can.
Looking forward to the weekend and easy eating and enjoying the summer.
judy
Old 06-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #8  

Hi turtles

Judy - congrats on your weight loss this week! That is great - keep up the good work.

I was at my Tops PRD this past weekend, and it was really good. Great guest speakers - lots of inspiration & motivation. Also one of the ladies from Looney Spoons fame (Janet) was
there to speak & I bought their cookbook, so looking forward to trying their recipes.

So hot up here - but loving it. Spent day at trailer yesterday & it was really nice. My dd and grandkids came & it was a nice day to spend a hot day at the beach & pool.

Have a great week!
Old 06-15-2017, 08:31 AM   #9  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, you always have a good time at the TOPS convention. Glad you picked up some more tips................and when you find some new recipes you really like I know you'll share them.

I just finished watching the British Bake Show on Netflix. Am not sure that was the smartest thing to do as bakeries started calling my name, lol, but I enjoyed the show and the people on it.

Had one blowout this week and I need to keep working on this, of course. So tired of ssaying, "oh, if I hadn't done that I would have lost a pound this week. Getting better...............just not there yet. WI tomorrow and it will be a tough one since I am meeting a group of friends out for dinner tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great week. If anyone's here chime in and join us. We'd love some more support. Judy
Old 06-19-2017, 01:19 PM   #10  

Hi turtles - things are pretty quiet up here, kids went to cottage over the weekend and I stayed home alone. Got caught up on all my house stuff and did some shopping.
Also at the Tops convention, we watched a Walk Away the Pounds Tape & that motivated me to pull out my own dvd at home. Did the 4 mile part over the weekend & this a.m.
before work followed it along up to 3 miles. Nice way to start the day.

Have a big greek salad for lunch & some cherries for snack. Back on track over the weekend.
Have some pork chops & broccoli for tonights dinner & I will maybe make some rice to go with that.

Here's to a good week!
Old 06-22-2017, 07:54 AM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Gail, you sound like you are doing great. I like your idea of walking using your tapes. I have been doing 30 minutes in the early morning here in my neighborhood. I think I might like to set up some sort of something to listen to as I walk. Maybe I'll try an audiobook. I can walk for a while and then about 20minutes in it gets pretty boring.

Things going well food wise and I hope to see a good WI on Friday. My dh and I went to see Swing at the local playhouse. We don't get into the city, NYC , very often, but this was a good production...........lots of dancing and singing which was fun. The dancers were all slim (what a surprise) and they oerform 2X day. A good break for him and me to get out and do something fun. He surprised himself by enjoying it. lol.

I have had luck ordering at Italian restaurant. I ask for a grilled chicken parm. It avoids the breadcrumbs and the frying that add a lot of calories. If I catch any more good recipes from WW's, I'll post them here.

Have a great day!
Judy
Old 06-25-2017, 04:37 PM   #12  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Busy here, but I want to let you know I had a great WI on Friday and am down 2#. Yay! My aim is to get out of the 180's by the end of the summer. Well, my real aim is to lose 45# overnight but that probably is too ambitious. I finally saw the light and I can lose weight even when I am not "perfect" as long as I take reasonable portions, drink my water, and exercise. Holy moly...........where have I heard that before????

In the meantime have a great finish to the weekend. Enjoy all you can and : to those who make the time to chime in and/or read. Welcome to anyone who can give support. Best to all and :
Judy
Old 06-26-2017, 01:42 PM   #13  

Hi - turtles

Judy - congrats on your fabulous weight loss! Keep up the good work & glad you are getting in your exercise.

Quiet weekend, stayed home and helped with my grandchildren & did some shopping. That's about it - the weather was up/down so I didn't want to go up to trailer
and this weekend I am away at my gf trailers which will be fun.

So this Thurs is my final weigh in at my Tops chapter, since it is closing. I will be transferring to another chapter closer to where I live, so that will be nice to meet some new ladies.
Only problem with new chapter is during July/Aug they have weigh ins only & no meetings until Sept. Plus they start 1/2 hour earlier and that really makes it hard for me to even get
there on time. So will see how this all works out.

I made some "sticky chicken" for my lunch today along with a big salad. Weekend was not great eating wise - way too many snacks.
So here's hoping we all have a great week.
Gail
Old 06-29-2017, 09:06 PM   #14  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Gosh Gail, change is tricky. It'll be lovely to make new friends.................but just a WI for the summer is a long time to go without a true meeting. Well, you know I'll give you support and maybe some of the people who view the conversations will chime in as well.

The good thing about what is happeneing with you is that you keep on keepin' on. That is admirable and accounts for the great weight loss you have had so far.

I WI again tomorrow. I've had a good week................but not a perfect one, so I am hoping to have a decent result on the scale. I'm trying to get it into my head that small missteps here and there are okay as long as they don't lead to a binge and as long as I get back on track immediately.
I'll let you know how this week worked out. I had an aim of doing well for 4 weeks.................drinking water, getting in exercise, keeping slips small and getting right back on track. We'll see how tomorrow and : work out.

Gail, enjoy the grandchildren and I'll keep writing.
Judy
Old 07-01-2017, 11:33 AM   #15  
Chick

Quick update. I stayed the same this week on the scale. Shucks. Well, I am thinking that I am retaining water and that may be due to the extra exercise I did this week. Disappointing, but when I keep on eating well next week will show a drop on the scale. One day at a time, right/
: to all the turtles,
Judy